Paladin deck similar to wallet warrior.

I know paladin won't be as good at copying warrior control, what with the lack of armor, but has anybody ever thought of trying to make it work?
    We have a ton of neutering cards! Humility, Peacekeeper, Repentance, Equailty, Get Down!
    I made a deck that tries to copy what I think the wallet warrior does (buys time until late game?)
    It has:
    2x humility
    2x noble sacrifice
    2x repentance
    2x equality
    2x annoy-o-tron
    2x unstable ghoul
    1x wild pyromancer
    2x aldor peacekeeper
    2x truesilver champion
    2x consecration
    1x loatheb
    2x sludgebelcher
    2x sunwalker
    2x guardian of kings
    1x lay on hands
    1x chromaggus
    1x kel'thuzad
    1x tirion smordlinger

I don't have all the cards and want to change some of the deck but atm this is the best that I could do.
    Chromaggus and Ke'thuzad work wonders. I had 6 sunwalkers and 5 annoy-o-trons in a single game! Maximum time buyage!
    I have the buy time cards and just need more of the big punch cards, especially mid-game. I've been eyeballing sylvanas.
    I had the thought to add in mountain giants as well, but thaurissan didn't work out as well as I wanted so these guys might not either. I might put it back in.
    My main problem might be that I do not have enough value cards in my collection so the few I do have in the deck can all be hit by the stock removal of other decks.

What do you guys think! I've been having fun playing this and am trying to make it better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Control paladin used to be a major contender in the meta, long ago. It's starting to make a comeback, but still isn't quite where it used to be. The key is to treat your heals like warrior uses his armor, but you wind up doing so a bit later since you need to be injured in order to get value out of it. It can be very effective, especially in a slower meta (which is looks like we're heading into right now, at least more of a tempo meta rather than the face rush aggro dominance we've seen for a while).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

15+ Year Old Account
    Replace A-o-T with Shielded Minibot, the extra 1 attack allows it to take out 2-drops in early game which you need due to lack of Fiery Win Axe.

Also MfB would be needed to help control the early esp since your only 3-mana is a tech card in Peacekeeper
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I agree, I can't imagine playing any Paladin deck without MfB anymore :P

You may be short on draw there though. Control warrior has those handy-dandy acolytes of pain you can even trigger yourself. Also needless to say control warrior has the edge on charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Thanks for all the input!
    Most of the card advantage from my games has been from just holding cards, it's a real problem : /
    I did think about a lot of cards (like minibot) but my whole thought process was just just buying time(hence taunt focus). I guess board control could be considered the same :P
    I'll have to test some more!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Thanks for all the input!
    Most of the card advantage from my games has been from just holding cards, it's a real problem : /
    I did think about a lot of cards (like minibot) but my whole thought process was just just buying time(hence taunt focus). I guess board control could be considered the same :P
    I'll have to test some more!
    Minibot serves that purpose. A-o-T is only good for protecting your other cards, on its own it has almost no impact as it can't kill anything except 1-drops.

Muster For Bullshit works the same way - play it on 3 and you basically have 3 taunts on board because people wanna stop and clear them out before the turn 5 QM. Doesn't even matter if you have QM or not - the threat of it is enough.

If you've got Unstables and Wild Pyros in your deck, go ahead and put in at least one Acolyte for draw.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2015-04-30 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Minibot serves that purpose. A-o-T is only good for protecting your other cards, on its own it has almost no impact as it can't kill anything except 1-drops.

Muster For Bullshit works the same way - play it on 3 and you basically have 3 taunts on board because people wanna stop and clear them out before the turn 5 QM. Doesn't even matter if you have QM or not - the threat of it is enough.

If you've got Unstables and Wild Pyros in your deck, go ahead and put in at least one Acolyte for draw.
    The Acolytes work wonders! With all the stuff that lowers attack to one or deals one damage I almost always get 6 cards a game! I almost lost to mil druids but I get to keep up by dumping the dupes from chromaggus. I removed both repentance and get down! Their benefits are still minor and repentance is very hard to effectively set up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Put one Repentance back in your deck but always mulligan it away. You've got a lot of great shit to use it with - Repentancing KT or Tirion is a dream come true, but also good for Sunwalkers and Sludge Belchers.

Good for a late-game surprise and it WILL get you some solid plays if you do it smart, but more than one is a waste.

EDIT: It appears I have mixed up Repentance and Redemption. Again. Redemption is the one you want.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2015-04-30 at 11:41 PM.

You could call this deck Pocket Paly.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__