Thread: Stretch marks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Edit: totally missed the point what stretchmarks are
    Last edited by mmoc552eb3cdf8; 2015-04-30 at 01:06 PM.

They dun necessarily appear cuz of gaining extra weight. I, personally, find stretch marks on girls sorta attractive, moreover, I have quite a few on my waist and hips, cuz I grew up quite fast during puberty, so I just have no right to complain about em
    Last edited by ls-; 2015-04-30 at 10:26 AM.

Technically, my husband is responsible for my stretch marks. So reap what you sow! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I am kinda fat, and I have stretch marks around my tummy.

Don't hate or like ehm but they are not that visible tbh. They kinda faded over time. They are quite visible if I stretch the skin though but on normal glance no.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Well seeing how I have a lot of them myself since I used to be obese. It wouldn't feel right writing someone off over them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Never bothered me, have them myself on my arms and back and that caused to stop going without tshirts and shit during the summers for a few years, now i just dont give a damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people have stretch marks somewhere. No, they wouldn't turn me off, and haven't with the girls I've dated in the past.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Theyre pretty gross. I was really small when I decided to start working out and putting on weight. Did a lot of squats and deads and have huge thighs now. Have stretch marks where the legs attach to the groin on the inner thigh. Glad they aren't in a highly visible spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Not a dealbreaker in the slightest.
    They usually fade quite a bit with time anyway.
    A lot of people have stretch marks simply from growth spurts during puberty. A male friend of mine has stretch marks like that near the base of his back and he is built like a racing snake.

I have some on my hips, thighs and boobs from puberty. They're really faded and not very noticable now.

Really depends on the person too. My mum has had 3 kids and total 5 pregnancies that went close to term (she unfortunately had to go through giving birth to 2 still born babies) and has barely any stretch marks on her tummy at all. I guess some people's skin is more elastic than others.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I've got them all over my back, horizontal. Had them since a young age (I guess when I was 12). My dad has them as well. I don't know a lot about it. How they're caused and whether it's hereditary. They don't really bother me to be honoust.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I've got them all over my back, horizontal. Had them since a young age (I guess when I was 12). My dad has them as well. I don't know a lot about it. How they're caused and whether it's hereditary. They don't really bother me to be honoust.
    Did you have a growth spurt around that time? My guess would be that's where they came from.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Before I say my opinions, I must say how shocked I am by the first page of posters. After seeing some incredibly ignorant and idiotic posts by many people in off-topic this morning, it's amazing to me how I expected everyone below the OP to be like "EW WTF GROSS", and yet no one (at least on the first page) is. Thanks, first 19 posters for not being so superficial.

OT: I really could care less for a few reasons. First, personality/character will always trump outer beauty. Second, most people I meet probably has a few, because I'm personally into, well, larger people, and finally, I just flat out don't care or don't even recognize them. So yeah, most definitely not a deal-breaker by any means.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    To OP wait till you have a gf and then you have kids,stretch marks are inevitable, its just the bodies skin stretching its nothing to be scared of. I even have a few on my back, i've never been fat but because im so tall my skin stretched a bit so i have like 3 or 4 on the base of my spine/bum.

Long story short get over yourself if this bothers you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    I still have a few left from losing a lot of weight years ago. I call them my battle scars.
    Losing weight doesn't give you stretchmarks. Rapidly gaining it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    To OP wait till you have a gf and then you have kids,stretch marks are inevitable, its just the bodies skin stretching its nothing to be scared of. I even have a few on my back, i've never been fat but because im so tall my skin stretched a bit so i have like 3 or 4 on the base of my spine/bum.

Long story short get over yourself if this bothers you...
    I never said it bothered me at all though, and yes pregnant women suffer the worst, though I myself don't intend to impregnate anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Rapid weight loss can also give you stretch marks.
    Are you sure? As your skin is sort of deflating not stretching.

Deleted
    I got really bad genetics when it comes to stretch marks. I got some just by simply growing in my teens and now after years of going to the gym I got them on arms, shoulders, lats and legs. Over the years they bleach out and you do not recognize them that much...I am not really bothered by them. What bothers me are idiots who know crap telling me that it is my own fault because I did not use a certain body lotion, oil or something like that.

I don't mind them, really. They are battle scards of some sort. Look at it this way - someone was fat enough for their skin to tear a little, so if you see someone skinny with stretch marks, it just means that the person had enough will power to abandon unhealthy habits and change for the better.

Nope, the human inside is what I am into...call em "stripes" or scarification or whatever helps you get "around" the "issues"..seems rather superficial to me to be honest...and by rather I mean VERY.

Don't ever have kids with a woman...your superficial little mind will EXPLODE.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2015-04-30 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    I have some around my biceps/armpit area and I have never been obese so I guess you can also get them from weight lifting? In my case they are white/pale so not even nearly as noticeable as the ones in those images. If others have them it doesn't bother me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    I have some around my biceps/armpit area and I have never been obese so I guess you can also get them from weight lifting? In my case they are white/pale so not even nearly as noticeable as the ones in those images. If others have them it doesn't bother me either.
    Yeah, if you naturally gain muscle fast you will also get them. It all depends on one's skin, to be honest. The white/silver ones are the "healed" ones that are just a regular scar tissue. The most visible red ones are the freshest and if you can, you should apply treatment to them to reduce their visibility in the future. From what I've read, and I won't bet my life or hand on it, you can't really do anything with them once they go white/silver.

I have them on the inner side of my biceps as well, and they're fresh. I'm afraid to scratch that area as they're very delicate and I always fear that I'll tear the skin there :P