Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i know not helpfull but it ain't hard gearing up. only hard part is getting the items you want with the right stats. 1st off mix and match items(t1-t3) then complet sets( goes from t5-t6) get the right set g.rift 40. then finally get the right items with the right stats g.rift 45 and there on you need to get lucky on rift.
    items are ether gained by t2 rifts and then g.rifts to about 20 at max blood shard waste all of em on one item (helm, shoulders and etc..) but save the sets you get you'll want to hav em so you can mix and match.

Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    i know not helpfull but it ain't hard gearing up. only hard part is getting the items you want with the right stats. 1st off mix and match items(t1-t3) then complet sets( goes from t5-t6) get the right set g.rift 40. then finally get the right items with the right stats g.rift 45 and there on you need to get lucky on rift.
    items are ether gained by t2 rifts and then g.rifts to about 20 at max blood shard waste all of em on one item (helm, shoulders and etc..) but save the sets you get you'll want to hav em so you can mix and match.
    I have 2 pieces from each of the DH sets right now and none are really that optimal but definitely a good start to the full sets.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I'm reading all over that you can gear up in 3 days tops and easily do T6. Well I'd like to know how because I've been playing my Barb for about 2 weeks now and I can barely do T3.
    D3 is based on luck. Sometimes people get lucky. Sometimes you don't.

Any information others have about "geared in a week" in an RNG based game must taken with a grain of salt. There is little you can do as a player besides play more to increase drop chances. That is the only objective manner of "gearing fast bro". Everything else people have to say is utter bullshit and deserves no regard.

It might just be, luck, but the best way i see to gear a character is to jump into GR as soon as possible, don't care the rank, start at rank 0 ... use you trial keystone then port back to town then clear everything untill you can't anymore, rinse and repeat. Not only will you get you legendary gem faster, you should also recieve legendary item from the rift guardian along with some blood shard. use your bloodshard on the piece that aren't alreay legendary, no need to aim for set right away, just get fully legendary, that should already let you have an easier time in T1+. once in full legendary, start aiming for set pieces while gambling .... that's at least How I gear all of my character in Season SOLO and usually by the time the character is played around 40hours he's fully able to clear T6 without issue

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is semi-based on luck, more so on just grinding efficiently. I managed to get to GRift 45-48 solo after less than a week into Season 3 as a Crusader, which is one of the worst solo classes together with WD.

EDIT: Regardless of luck though, unless you're Bad Luck Brian you will be able to do T6 within the week unless you're doing something horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I'm reading all over that you can gear up in 3 days tops and easily do T6. Well I'd like to know how because I've been playing my Barb for about 2 weeks now and I can barely do T3.
    Jump into a T6 rift public group... most people dont mind giving a boost so long as you arent stupid and keep pace

Deleted
    i've geared up enough to do t6 in a day on both season 2 and season 3 (here i'm talking about playtime on the char)

if you know the fast ways and how to spend your time right, getting gear will be easy

yes, it's still rng, but you can still play in a way to make it faster

I have completed all sets available for season 3. I got 3 SMK, 2 furnaces, one bulkathos set, danetta's, krider, serpent sparker, aether walker.

I was not sure how long it would take to get Tal Rasha's Allegiance but I looked to the wizard forums for guidance. I had full TR6 without it but having the neck enables you to wear Tasker and Theo to help the mammoth hydras.

Jaetch chimed in on a thread someone else posted about asking about the greater rift ceiling one could accomplish without having the Tal Rasha neck. His response was that the OP simply needed to farm more, until he got the drop he desired. He said that you don't have to grind it all at once. You could simply farm 2 hours each night and maybe 5 hours on each day of the weekend, as long as you put time and effort into the game, that it would sooner or later reward you with the item that you desire. You could then apply that to any piece of gear in the same.

I played solo from para 500 to para 590, it wasn't like each day was unproductive. I find when I play with other people that they don't typically drop the gear I need except one time a streamer dropped a gift then I ran over and picked it up. I didn't need it but it is nice to have one on reserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    While RNG can make a fairly large difference (I was able to get a Ancient xbow, generic one, with relatively decent stats bout 50 paragon lvls in that boosted me up a lvl), playing with others will make a HUGE difference in your gearing speed.

Its like this - Magic Find increases the overall number of legendaries you will find. If you find 100 legendaries, with 10% magic find, you will find 110 in the amount of time it would have taken you to get 100.. With 20% magic find, you will find 120 in the amount of time it would have taken you to get 100. So when gearing up, be 100% certain to use the best topaz you can get - Getting a Flawless Royal topaz is significantly more important for gearing then getting a Flawless Royal emerald for your weapon, as every single legendary can count, because you never know when you will get that specific piece you were looking at. Be sure to join groups to rift after farming normal or T6 bounties for your ring. Rifts are a 100% legendary magic find boost, and groups are a 30% magic find boost. So having a Topaz, being in a Rift, on Torment 1 (Which, according to a chart made a while back, provided a 15-20% legendary magic find boost per torment lvl, for a max of 100% magic find boost at Torment 6), and being in a 4 person group would provide you with a whopping 186% more legendaries over time. Thats 186 EXTRA legendaries over the same amount of time it would normally have taken you to get 100 legendaries without it! The chances of NOT getting the legendaries you need from that total pile of 286 legendaries would be pretty slim.

If you want a feeling of "Assured Legendaries", you can slowly climb up Grifts. From my experience, Grifts 10 and onward will always reward a legendary drop, and the gems aren't half bad either. If you can do Torment 2, you can do pretty close to Grift 20, at least 18. Starting at Grift 10 and advancing 1 lvl at a time will yield at least 1 legendary per boss kill, so if you get tired of doing Rifts without seeing anything more then Forgotten Souls, just do low lvl Grifts. The average rate of legendary acquisition will go down, but at least you will be assured of getting a legendary.

Also remember that set bonuses>>>>>> stat bonuses. Even if the set piece you got had absolute crap stats, equip it to get a set bonus.

Finally, remember that the majority of players will find well over a thousand legendaries before they acquire a piece thats within 5% of being BiS. Diablo loot system currently requires a LOT of grinding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    D3 is based on luck. Sometimes people get lucky. Sometimes you don't.

Any information others have about "geared in a week" in an RNG based game must taken with a grain of salt. There is little you can do as a player besides play more to increase drop chances. That is the only objective manner of "gearing fast bro". Everything else people have to say is utter bullshit and deserves no regard.
    Pretty much this. I've been playing a Witch Doctor this season, and I have had the worst luck with drops. I kept getting Helltooth crap over and over instead of either Jade or Zuni. I'm also still without a single Gift to upgrade my weapon for instance. Other seasons I had like 2-3 before I hit Paragon 200.

On the other hand however, it's really quite easy to do T1-T2 in mediocre gear. Really depends a little on your class and build. The real problem for most classes to push high Grifts is that all good builds require really particular items like that Starmetal Kukri I still haven't gotten. The key right now is mostly to aim for builds that you can play with your given gear, and switch to the build you ultimately want when you get the pieces for it.

Best way to gear is gather Bloodshards, and gamble intelligently.

It's all about using game mechanics in the smartest way possible - and this means shared loot groups. They're the best way to get stuff because how the smart loot system works plus group bonus.

Only people having an "hard time" are the first guys starting to farm in the new season - then people get more geared and you can just join t6 public games to find a WW barb clearing stuff for you.

Also i found that people having "more difficulties" actually don't have a very clear idea of what stats/pieces to aim for; knowing beforehand what you want to get makes you take decisions much faster about gear and you won't lose time going with less efficient builds.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    While RNG can make a fairly large difference (I was able to get a Ancient xbow, generic one, with relatively decent stats bout 50 paragon lvls in that boosted me up a lvl), playing with others will make a HUGE difference in your gearing speed.

Its like this - Magic Find increases the overall number of legendaries you will find. If you find 100 legendaries, with 10% magic find, you will find 110 in the amount of time it would have taken you to get 100.. With 20% magic find, you will find 120 in the amount of time it would have taken you to get 100. So when gearing up, be 100% certain to use the best topaz you can get - Getting a Flawless Royal topaz is significantly more important for gearing then getting a Flawless Royal emerald for your weapon, as every single legendary can count, because you never know when you will get that specific piece you were looking at. Be sure to join groups to rift after farming normal or T6 bounties for your ring. Rifts are a 100% legendary magic find boost, and groups are a 30% magic find boost. So having a Topaz, being in a Rift, on Torment 1 (Which, according to a chart made a while back, provided a 15-20% legendary magic find boost per torment lvl, for a max of 100% magic find boost at Torment 6), and being in a 4 person group would provide you with a whopping 186% more legendaries over time. Thats 186 EXTRA legendaries over the same amount of time it would normally have taken you to get 100 legendaries without it! The chances of NOT getting the legendaries you need from that total pile of 286 legendaries would be pretty slim.

If you want a feeling of "Assured Legendaries", you can slowly climb up Grifts. From my experience, Grifts 10 and onward will always reward a legendary drop, and the gems aren't half bad either. If you can do Torment 2, you can do pretty close to Grift 20, at least 18. Starting at Grift 10 and advancing 1 lvl at a time will yield at least 1 legendary per boss kill, so if you get tired of doing Rifts without seeing anything more then Forgotten Souls, just do low lvl Grifts. The average rate of legendary acquisition will go down, but at least you will be assured of getting a legendary.

Also remember that set bonuses>>>>>> stat bonuses. Even if the set piece you got had absolute crap stats, equip it to get a set bonus.

Finally, remember that the majority of players will find well over a thousand legendaries before they acquire a piece thats within 5% of being BiS. Diablo loot system currently requires a LOT of grinding.
    You know that only 10% of your Magic Find works towards finding legendaries. Meaning with 100% Magic Find you only get 10% more legendaries. The stat is useless, and the bonus from groups is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    You know that only 10% of your Magic Find works towards finding legendaries. Meaning with 100% Magic Find you only get 10% more legendaries. The stat is useless, and the bonus from groups is useless.
    Yeah, they can't seem to make up their minds about MF. I think they're just in the process of phasing it out entirely.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Yeah, the bonus from being grouped is only really worth it for the experience increase, which is noticeable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's all about using game mechanics in the smartest way possible - and this means shared loot groups. They're the best way to get stuff because how the smart loot system works plus group bonus.
    Group MF bonus for finding legendaries can be small, but shared loot between players can improve that a lot. In the situation that you're still struggling towards your first complete set and/or decent ancient weapons, the help from more advanced players can aid you faster through T6 rifts, thus more loot.

Whats the % of MF between T1 and T6 with and without a grp? I know when I do solo I see a ton less then when I do with a grp, but then again season 3 range hates me. I also like the Xp to quickly boost the paragon levels which helps fill the gaps in the stat department.

Though I did always have 1 question. Why is it that some grps just tend to bypass 99% of the mob packs to switch zones? I can understand the WW Barbs, but not other classes.

Some times it's just faster to move on and check out the next level if the mob type/density of the current level sucks.

Start of season three I made a zdps crusader and was in t6 the very first night. Farmed to 300 paragon and then switched classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    Start of season three I made a zdps crusader and was in t6 the very first night. Farmed to 300 paragon and then switched classes.
    Yeah, me too. I rolled a Barb and got full Raekor's in about 7 minutes just from standing in New Tristram. It just fell from the sky onto my character. Then I did one rift, got a billion gold and 800 paragon points and retired from Diablo because it's just too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    Yeah, me too. I rolled a Barb and got full Raekor's in about 7 minutes just from standing in New Tristram. It just fell from the sky onto my character. Then I did one rift, got a billion gold and 800 paragon points and retired from Diablo because it's just too easy.
    Someones bitter they don't know how to play the game properly.

You can actually get all gear just from blood shards except hell fire ammy.

And people complaining the game is hard to gear have probably never been in a greater rift over 45

Or even group up with others of the same class and loot share what they don't need.