Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh "Microsoft Edge", the name Spartan was much better.

Just imagine Spartan yelling at the other browsers "Comrades, today we browse in hell!!!!!!", shield slamming an add and then kicking a spyware.

This name was just glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post

Just imagine Spartan yelling at the other browsers "Comrades, today we browse in hell!!!!!!", shield slamming an add and then kicking a spyware.

kek, yeah. Edge doesn't seem too "edgy" of a creative name. Sounds forced. Over rated. Lame. It's not hipster enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post

Except... entirely wrong Spartans.

Halo reference, meng. Halo.

7+ Year Old Account
    The "new" browser is just IE being renamed. There is no "new" anything. It uses the IE rendering engine, and the IE javascript engine. How is this not IE?

Btw, IE is the old browser, not Firefox/Chrome. Firefox/Chrome are modern browsers. Both of them are over a decade ahead of IE technologically. It's amazing how people just believe everything that comes out of Microsoft's mouth, despite them lying to people over and over and over. "Edge" or "Spartan" or whatever it is, is just the new name for IE. It's not in any way new. Microsoft thinks they can get rid of IE's bad reputation by renaming it. Unfortunately, enough people are dumb enough to believe them that it will probably work.

If Firefox continues to display nearly any website that I wanna go to, I'll keep using it, because that's what I have installed, and that's what works, and that's what I'm used to.

For me to switch browsers, I'd have to have a good reason for doing so, something like...

1). The current browser I'm using no longer works
    2). The new browser being offered does something the current one does not

Can we say this for Edge vs Firefox? Not from what I've seen thusfar.

firefox #1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    The "new" browser is just IE being renamed. There is no "new" anything. It uses the IE rendering engine, and the IE javascript engine. How is this not IE?

Btw, IE is the old browser, not Firefox/Chrome. Firefox/Chrome are modern browsers. Both of them are over a decade ahead of IE technologically. It's amazing how people just believe everything that comes out of Microsoft's mouth, despite them lying to people over and over and over. "Edge" or "Spartan" or whatever it is, is just the new name for IE. It's not in any way new. Microsoft thinks they can get rid of IE's bad reputation by renaming it. Unfortunately, enough people are dumb enough to believe them that it will probably work.
    You know I haven't used IE at home for many years but... your comparison reeks of fanboyism.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    Should html5 reign supreme?
    On this note - I don't think so. It is not like flash is never evolving and picking a winner and saying this is it, well what happens if it turns out it does have security flaws and you have tossed all competing standards to the wayside?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Except... entirely wrong Spartans.

Halo reference, meng. Halo.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Actually... It does not use current IE's Javascript engine. The new Internet Explorer however (yes, they're keeping it for compatibility reasons) is going to use Spartan's new javascript engine if the website is not asking for Chakra.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't think it matters what name they choose to call their web browser. There is a decade worth of stigma attached to any web related things Microsoft try to do. Internet Explorer, Bing and now Edge!

I'm comfortable with Chrome so... business as usual for me.