Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cyber "sexual crimes" in video games

http://dudecomedy.com/girl-claims-sh...aped-in-gta-v/

Alright, so linked website aside, this is a Worldstar "news" report of some kind. At first I thought it was satire but I'm really not sure at this point. (I didn't know Worldstar was more than a site with homemade videos of people suckerpunching each other)

Let's keep the discussion clean, we're not talking about actual rape here but rather about a) whether you think this is satire or not, and b) if it's not, do you think this actually constitutes a legitimate problem.

(I think it's ridiculously hilarious and a non-issue, but I felt that way about gamergate too and some people got really upset about that topic, so...)

This is a real video, was on a Canadian news station.
    • Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
      Fashion magazines not trying to appeal to men is misogyny.
    • lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    How could you even think that this is not satire?
    How?
    Because I've seen the shit tumblrites get butthurt about and it's pretty similar to issues like this. You can't tell me that "They can rape your kids through video games" really isn't something that a lot of non tech-savvy, conservative parents might easily buy into, too. =)

Literally only has herself to blame.

As in she set those situations up using debug mode.

Also, what the hell is up with the orange cone?
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumbest thing I have ever heard. You cannot be raped in a video game, if you think otherwise you are an imbecile and Darwinism needs to start working on you.

Deleted
    No, it's not a "legitimate" problem. It's exactly the kind of complaining about totally unimportant crap that makes people go "really feminists?"

The best part of this video was 24 year old Ahmed making sure his little brother doesn't have a headset, and isn't able to communicate with randoms when he plays online.

Also, this video is rather old.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-05-05 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    No, it's not a "legitimate" problem. It's exactly the kind of shit that makes people go "really feminists?"

Also, this video is rather old.
    I hadn't seen it before, apologies if it's been around, I was just introduced to it today on steamgifts.

This is a non issue. This person is just trying to capitalize on a trigger word and a media punching bag (GTA) for free publicity.

She should be ashamed of herself for diluting the issue of rape with such nonsense.
    ~RAWR!

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is just whiny people whining about things that whiny people whine about.

This chick's CHARACTER IN A VIDEO GAME was mock raped by someone that had hacked GTA 5, and mock raped everyone that they saw. To her, that somehow means that every male gamer is a rapist, and video game companies ALLOW IT.

She is a moron. She calls herself a gamer, but doesn't understand that someone hacked the game?

TL;DR: She is just another scumbag crybaby screaming for an entire culture to be demonized because she was inconvenienced by someone who she assumes is part of the culture she is screaming to demonize.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I find disgusting is the readily accepted behavior of people not only ruining the game for others but simulating virtual rape on others. However that said my guess is going into gaming from my experience many others it's just the way it is.

Although it's also true the same minds that do this kind of garbage also glitch, crash and wreck the game in other ways by using exploits to dupe cars, hack GTA cash and warp into other players, including the environment. So much so Rockstar had to massively ban a bunch of these jerks and reset a lot of gamers money and levels.

I think Rockstar much like most gaming company's are going to have to deal with some of toxic players they've accumulated. Especially when it comes back to bite them costing them $$$ in DLC.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

all those years of getting teabagged in video games, I never knew it was rape.

I feel so violated, does anyone have a ball room for me to recover in.. sans the balls.

The more the boundaries of "what rape is" are pushed, the less it means.

Feminists/SJWs think stories like this somehow benefit their cause, when I'm pretty sure reality is exactly the opposite. "Rape culture, patriarchy!" yada yada nonsense.

The people who have legitimately been raped realize how insulting this boundary pushing actually is.

Didn't someone make a thread very similar to this? Anyways, I agree anyone claiming they were raped because their character was some how raped is retarded. I could make a claim I was murdered because my character was shot.

We had this thread yesterday I think?

It's also old as shit.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every fucking one sexually harasses people in Halo. So fucking what? It is a video game.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Somehow I get reminded of this video.

(Warning, this video may trigger you...to ask for your 1:20min of life back)

https://youtu.be/oWaCMel2FLg

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo.. It's pefectly OK, someone can (in-game) come up to you and put a bullet between your eyes, but the person is not allowed to "rape" you?

Get your priorities straight..

People just want to find issues, where none exists..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2015-05-05 at 06:51 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I don't get it. This is a mod is it not? As in, you'd have to install it yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Never seen it happen in-game and I've never heard anyone talk about it until now. I sincerely doubt this is actually happening and is more likely created for the sole purpose of giving pseudo-feminists more fuel for the fire.

Deleted
    Wait, so it's ok to kill tons of people in various forms, and let's agree that some games just go way too far (Postal, Manhunt, Hatred), but it's not ok to rape. Yeah, sounds legit as fuck.