Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy help my dps (moonkin)

I have been playing balance for many years now. I need some help with my single target dps. My guild has beat mythic gruul but looking at the numbers I did on him, I am very disappointed. With my gear I should be doing more. Because I am new I can not post any links. I am kelfurion on the server ghostlands.

33k single target is just plan bad. any help would be much appreciated

Deleted
    Pretty damn hard to offer any advice, as 33k tells nothing when we have no idea what sort of gear you have. Even knowing that, without logs any tailored help is just impossible.

mmo-champion rules. not allowed to post links. kinda dumb imo but its their rules.

What's your ilvl? Do you pre-pot? Are you using Euphoria / Incarnation? Are you SSing on lunar? Are you refreshing dots at peak, SF every peak, MF every other peak? Do you have a four piece?

As a reference - I'm 693 and average about 47k on that fight, which is still only in the mid 70's percentile wise. I assume that if you're doing mythic content, you're 688ish+ so 33k is not good, hence why I listed the basics to look at first.
    Last edited by Hammerjack; 2015-05-03 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    47k average on 693 ilevel gear seems a bit high, seeing as there are 0 Moonkin logs over 47k on warcraflogs with ilevel 693 on Mythic Gruul.

33k on the other hand seems a bit low, but with 685ish gear with bad rng movement (cave-ins, overhead smashes) it can actually go that low. Just remember not to pop cd's if petrification is incoming soon.

Otherwise this is all speculation since there are no links to your gear or logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazer View Post
    47k average on 693 ilevel gear seems a bit high, seeing as there are 0 Moonkin logs over 47k on warcraflogs with ilevel 693 on Mythic Gruul
    Yep, I am on heroic, and he clearly wrote mythic on his post.

My fault. Excuse me for the bad info.

Yes to everything you just asked. I prepot. using the talents you mentioned. I have a 4 piece. yes to all of that My item level is 691. sorry i still cant post links. Trying but not at enough posts yet. I raid with 2 other balance druids. So we are running with 3. On mythic beastlord and mythic ore. I do great. even beating the other 2 balance druids. On gruul they only beat me by a very small amount.

- - - Updated - - -

I know there are a few things off the top of my head that would slightly improve my dps. For instance i had to put a rejuv on me on our first kill. otherwise i would have died. The healers were having a hard time keeping everyone up. The rng was not to terrible. Did not have to move much from smashes. I compared my logs with one of the best ranking balance druids on that fight. We got off the same amount of moonfires and sunfires. I noticed his spells are hitting a lot harder then mine. My average starfire on that fight was 66k, his was 99k. Our two kills on mythic gruul so far are pretty long fights. I know that can bog down numbers some.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can post the url with a couple of spaces, etc and someone with 10+ posts can paste the link for you.

I did some digging for you: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

But at the time WCL wasn't loading so I can't give you analysis on the fight.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

thank you for that xtramuscle

My last kill was with 693 and about 39k. I have another boomkin in my raid similar gear and pulls dps around yours. Her issue is probably similar to use and thats just moving around more than you need to. Really the fight is mostly just stand still. Realistically you should probably be around 37k. Mostly any type of movement screws us over. Focua on moving less and hope that RNG plays in your favor.

So the only things I see are, your burst is rather low on the pull, I'll say because you're using the BH Mythic trinket that you got from cache, since you're using that for the INT boost I can understand but Beastmasters would be better due to proc then the gorens you're using. Also looks like a bit of RNG with your trinket/enchant procs they seem low. Looks like you use your SS procs, however on a log I'm using to compare to yours from my own I do cast wrath 20 more times than you. So less moving for you I would say, and use the haste trinket from beast.

Yours -
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1

Mine -
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=22

- - - Updated - - -

Also I pulled an older log of mine just to show what someone with similar gear can do. Best of luck buddy!
    Last edited by Nikcug; 2015-05-04 at 12:26 PM.

Bad rng on rolls has prevented me from getting beastlord or oregorger's trinket. I even use my bonus rolls for that. All of your cast's are hitting harder then mine too. if your only two item levels higher then me but your average starfire is 14k more then mine there has got to be something wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by kelfurion View Post
    Bad rng on rolls has prevented me from getting beastlord or oregorger's trinket. I even use my bonus rolls for that. All of your cast's are hitting harder then mine too. if your only two item levels higher then me but your average starfire is 14k more then mine there has got to be something wrong with that.
    I'm very curious why you guys are using BL at the end of the fight?

Looking at: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1

That alone will lower the dps since you benefit so much less from BL there rather then the start.

BL means bloodlust i believe? That is just the way my raid leader likes to do it. I can't control when the RL calls for it, although I do agree that at the start would be better.

Yes ofcourse it's up to him/her. But you will see a significant change in the overall dps when you do it like that, so i don't think you should worry that much. Also, on the matter of Nikcug's starfires hitting harder, it is very hard to say "something must be wrong". Due to it's all about how you are utilizing your ecplise and starsurges, and also how much mastery you have.

I'm aware of that i have better gear then you, but just to show you the difference: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=15

If you compare our openers i do almost double the dps in start then you (i want to add that on this kill i had ~695 ilvl, i got my neck (previos 685) and trinket (previous 685) after this boss. (armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ingtaco/simple)

So as you can see, BL does alot in the start.

But just a few pointers on your log:
    You used starfall in your opener, i'll just assume it was a missclick. (even if you cap it's not worth starfalling on one target, just use starsurge to drop charges).
    You can and should keep atleast a 99% uptime on Moon/Sunfire (there is no reason why you should let them drop on a fight like this).

All in all, it can be pretty RNG depening on how much you need to move from smashes and cave in's (i always position myself so it's close to impossible to get hit by fiery meatballs) and like in your case, you dont use BL at start. Logs are often very skewered since it does not reflect anything more then how much you can cheese and ignore tactics in a fight.
    Last edited by Keeft; 2015-05-04 at 05:27 PM.

I do use starfall, but i cast it when there is like 3 seconds left on the pulltimer, never waste a gcd on it during the actual fight. I have tried several times not using it at all on heroic gruul and it seems i burst higher at the start when i do. also we do BL on the start of heroic. Having 2 other balance druids to roll against, plus lots of healers and other ranged dps it can be hard to get bis gear but that is going to happen lol The only other trinket i have besides the mythic blackhand one. is the crafted trinket at 4/4. Would that be better to use? the staggering intellect difference between the two trinkets makes me think the mythic blackhand one is better

Quote Originally Posted by kelfurion View Post
    I do use starfall, but i cast it when there is like 3 seconds left on the pulltimer, never waste a gcd on it during the actual fight. I have tried several times not using it at all on heroic gruul and it seems i burst higher at the start when i do. also we do BL on the start of heroic. Having 2 other balance druids to roll against, plus lots of healers and other ranged dps it can be hard to get bis gear but that is going to happen lol The only other trinket i have besides the mythic blackhand one. is the crafted trinket at 4/4. Would that be better to use? the staggering intellect difference between the two trinkets makes me think the mythic blackhand one is better
    Using a charge on Starfall before pulling will be a tremendous dps loss in your opener, you rather want to cast a Starsurge at -1.5 pulltimer so it will connect right as you pull.

Mythic BH trinket > 4/4 crafting, the ones you use are'nt bad, just that the beastlord is better for singletarget then blackhand. Otherwise BH is "second" best.

ok, I will use your advice next monday. We got an entire week missing our MT so T can't really test this out until next monday

Deleted
    Just found an old log with 691 ilvl where i did pretty decent on gruul.
    But we got like 40 seconds faster kill time.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rc3dZH#fight=8

If you look at the crit percentages mine critted alot more, but I think that's more or less because the synergy of beastlord/ore trinkets. I don't know how many pulls you have had on this boss but I know in the beginning I struggled with him until I go more comfortable and just moved less. You guys should be lusting in the beginning, saving it for the last 35% or whatever it is, is silly. We did that a full pulls but benefits nothing. Also if you go SoTF on this fight might see a slight increase in DPS however I don't use it just because I don't like change

Best of luck on your progression!

i got mythic beastlord trinket from a garrison mission. Hoping i can put this advice to good use and not be last in my raid team on that fight lol. on beast and ore im top 5 lol