Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    They should just implement school uniforms like a lot have and it squelches all the complaints.
    Pretty much. A uniform sorts out the clothing issues at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post

are dress codes sexist against women? Why does it matter what a girl wears to school?
    I'll raise you this video

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure if men started wearing Mini-skirts with G-strings and shorts where half their ass hung out like they did in my High School on a regular basis they would get the same treatment.

Nothing sexist with teaching people to have Self respect in a public learning area.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    FTA:

It seems like you can't open a browser window nowadays without confronting news that another school or university is catching flack over a dress code singling women out.

Yep, can't be bothered to read past this absurd hyperbole.

Regarding dress codes... women can wear skirts at work, but I can't wear shorts. I don't see any articles about that however.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I wish the U.S. would just make school uniforms mandatory.
    Not to mention that it doesn't take much to distract a boy of high school age.

Read some articles about school uniforms and they said there were a lot of positive benefits like girls don't have to spend so much money on clothes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the dumbest thing ever.dress codes are there to keep the girls looking decent and the boys to not be blamed for being perverted. I lived all around the world and I REMEBER almost getting expelled cause a girl in what I considered slut clothes ,super high almost crotch level shorts heely sandals and a shirt that showed half of her boobs, said I was staring at her. I wasn't btw I was looking at her hairy monkey arms and also my class work.

But years later I'm happy for the strict code, and sorry ladies this is one of the times you don't get to have your cake and eat it to. You can't dress like a slut or a girl from a music video and then complain. You just can't cayuse it's not just guys who will look it's everyone.
    Luckily my college seems to understand this unspoken rule since I've seen a lot of skimpy clothed women(teachers included) and no ones made a fuss about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneus View Post
    Pretty much. A uniform sorts out the clothing issues at least.
    Yup. I had uniforms all through mid-high school. Boys and girls were required to ware White (Short or long sleeve) Polos and Khakis, Belt required, Shirt Tucked in, Shoes: Black/Brown/Tan or "clean" Tennis shoes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    I'll raise you this video

I remember when I was a kind we had opposite day when the boys dressed like girls and the girls dressed like boys. I wore a skirt, I remember my friends mom who is a teacher and said we all looked like hookers/sluts, we took it as a complement. We totally out did with the make up, the had bras filled with shit to make it look like we had huge breast, was so fun. That is how I got my nickname Becky.

Let me get a little serious right now. Do you think that women/girls have been more free with they're body because they kept them so clothed back in the days? Do you think because of that, they have gone a bit 'overboard' with it?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I want to add another thing.

Girls at my school wear those booty shorts things. You know, those basketball like shorts that make em look like the have nothing on if their shirt happen to go a bit below their waist. Well In the Army the Ranger PT uniform shorts are super short like that. We call them "Ranger panties". My female friend told me there is nothing wrong with women wearing tiny shorts and it's comfortable.

Well I told her I was thinking of getting a pair of Ranger shorts since I agree that they are super comfy. She said I was crazy and that is way too much skin for a guy to show and it looks bad.

I just stared at her.

So forgive me for not sympathizing too hard with this war on women's dress codes. The only perk i get as a guy is I can walk outside topless...but only in certain places and in NY both sexes can do that.

I hate to sound like a bitter MRA douche, but i am just kind of tired of everything being seen as some sort of slight targeted at only women.
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post

Let me get a little serious right now. Do you think that women/girls have been more free with they're body because they kept them so clothed back in the days? Do you think because of that, they have gone a bit 'overboard' with it?
    I don't actually think so. They sure are pushing the bounds of decency but i doubt it has anything to do with the past. The teens of today mostly don't know or care about that stuff to be honest. I think it's just a fad. They see all this sexy crap on TV by Nicki Minaj types and they want to emulate that. I think they will grow out of it. I blame the parents mostly. Parents should instill some bit of decency in their kids so they take pride in how they look. You can be sexy without exposing 90% of your skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    I REMEBER almost getting expelled cause a girl in what I considered slut clothes ,super high almost crotch level shorts heely sandals and a shirt that showed half of her boobs, said I was staring at her.
    In 7'th grade me and a friend got pulled outside because a girl said we were sexually harassing her. By staring or whatever. She thought we were talking of banging her. The truth is me and my friend were talking about Dragonball Z since it was rather popular at the time. Android Saga I think on Toonami. Also, I kinda hated this girl. Felt like she was truly an evil person.

She declined to pursue it but it was her choice. Nothing me and my friend said mattered.Teachers didn't care. All i could think of is why a 13 year old girl needed ruby red lipstick, makeup and a skirt exposing her ass in Science class. Also, my teacher ate chocolate covered roaches and nibbled chalk. <--relevant..I think
    Last edited by Rhine101; 2015-05-01 at 04:08 AM.

Deleted
    I hate to sound like a bitter MRA douche, but i am just kind of tired of everything being seen as some sort of slight targeted at only women.
    Like World Wars. Iam looking at you Hillary.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually think so. They sure are pushing the bounds of decency but i doubt it has anything to do with the past. The teens of today mostly don't know or care about that stuff to be honest. I think it's just a fad. They see all this sexy crap on TV by Nicki Minaj types and they want to emulate that. I think they will grow out of it. I blame the parents mostly. Parents should instill some bit of decency in their kids so they take pride in how they look. You can be sexy without exposing 90% of your skin.
    They don't need to know if it happened or not, women just started wearing less and less and if effected them causing it. Men have been wearing pretty much the same thing while women just started wearing less and less.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Oh come on, you linked Jezebel.com as a source. They're terribly bias and think everything is sexist or discriminatory against women.
    There's nothing inherent about dress codes that are sexist towards women. There's a dress code for both genders, so that's not sexist towards women either. And how comprehensive a dress code is usually reflects the variance in clothing that the establishment using the dress code has run into. In case you didn't realize, men and women tend to wear different clothing. You generally see more variance in women's clothing in general, and women's clothing trends towards the more revealing side. So surprise surprise, dress codes tend to be more comprehensive for women. If guys showing up with spandex pants that accentuate their cock was a common thing in a particular area, I'm sure you'd start seeing the male dress codes of establishments in that area expanded upon too.

And humans are sexually dimorphic, they have different sex organs to consider when making dress codes. Women have breast, which are viewed as a sexual body part by most of society. That's a whole other can of worms to get into though.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need to know if it happened or not, women just started wearing less and less and if effected them causing it. Men have been wearing pretty much the same thing while women just started wearing less and less.
    Well if tv is any indication...men did stop wearing suits or the button up shirts as much.

Of course they don't need to. I was just saying that I think they would start wearing trenchcoats if the current teen idols started doing so as some kind of new fashion statement. Guys do it too. Maybe not wearing less, but they do emulate what the current artists wear. Remember when pink became a thing?

lol skin tight clothes no good... stfu and uniform.. qq

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Well if tv is any indication...men did stop wearing suits or the button up shirts as much.
    .....Tv is not a accurate thing for anything.....If I believed things on tv then aliens man, aliens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know... Sometimes I do not mind some sexism in high school dress code.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Not to mention that it doesn't take much to distract a boy of high school age.

Read some articles about school uniforms and they said there were a lot of positive benefits like girls don't have to spend so much money on clothes.
    By girls spending money I bet you mean their parents, but if the parents are so easy to let go of their money like that then they need to parent up and not spend $200 a month on even clothes when they have closets filled with them.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2015-05-01 at 06:19 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Pretty much agree. Look the part.

And speaking about High School - you're there to learn. It's not a fashion show and you don't need to look like a skank. Dressing appropriately is something we all have to do.

I wish the U.S. would just make school uniforms mandatory.
    Ja! School uniforms! Just like the Hitler youth. How very lame of you.

Also, why wouldn't a hot girl not be able to learn while looking like a skank. I'm all about diversity. Of skimpy clothing on girls.

I don't mind a fat booty in yoga pants ( dammmmn ) and I praise the gods my uni has no such issues ( our girls:boys ratio is like 3:1 so daaaaamn ) but it is inappropriate in a professional environment.

I don't know what the ''official'' usage of yoga pants is but the true meaning is '' look at my ass '' and that shouldn't be a thing in schools.