Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Making the Gold for Tokens

Hey.

I was just wondering how people were making the gold to buy tokens monthly. With my new work scheduled the US time zones fit me more than EU for the time being. This might change so I figured I'd make a US account and buy the game time with gold exclusively via the tokens so I don't waste RL money and have my work schedule change again.

So for a fresh account with no level 90-100 what would people suggest would be the best way going about making 20-30k a month to buy a token? The first month of course I will have to pay for myself. From playing on EU professions haven't been bringing in much income (Enchanting, Alchemy, Cooking, Blacksmithing, Jewlcrafting). Gathering professions also seem to be rather dead on EU from my experience lately on various servers.

So, what's people's advice and how are you making the gold over on US to get a token each month?

1. Soloing - Soloing wrath - cata dungeons can net you 10k in one week easy
    2. Make alts - Alts are a great investment and you can make aload of DKs then just place them in there garrison and just do the gold missions and just watch the gold come streaming in.

If you at least play even 1-3 hours a day, even missing days, making the amount needed for another 30 days is rather easy. Doing anything in the game nets you gold, everything that isn't grey usually has some value to someone and vendoring greys does add up.

I do my missions in 3 characters daily, make profession items, whether it be pets, weapons, armor, whatever can sell. Salvage yard loot depending on what you can get can sell, heck even the vendor trash adds up.

I often skin wolves near the Garrison or skin in Nagrand while in LFR/Dungeon ques.

You will passively make the gold if you just play the game. I'd only dedicate 30-60 minutes a day actually farming gold, by the time the end of the month comes, you should have accumulated enough gold for another subscription.

Garrison on one toon alone should bring in over 30k per month, just do some old raids to make sure u have enough.

I guess they are all saying you better level 1 or more toons to 100, then make gold in your garrison.

I have 3 chars in a server that I don't play other than doing the garrison stuff giving me enough gold to buy a token every month.

Treasure hunters with several alts. The amount of gold you get per character per day can vary a lot, but it's not uncommon to get up to 1000 gold. My best estimates for an average would be around 300-400 gold rewarded by missions per character per day. That includes sending out followers just once per day, some alts without a level 3 inn, some alts with very few treasure hunters and alts with very bad ability spread on treasure hunters. If you optimize you can easily double that average.

Here is an easy way to get an initial sum of gold and generate more. It's not the most efficient for GOLD-MAKING but will get you to a decent sum of gold ASAP. Once you're at the end, you can add in your own farming methods.

Level your first character all the way to 100, predominately though questing and some dungeons, selling absolutely everything. The only thing you should buy is bags so you've got room to store stuff. Vendor everything unless it looks valuable (e.g. world drop BOE) in which case sell it on AH.

Get mining and herbalism and sell everything you farm on AH. Don't worry about maximising profit on it, just gather it and sell it straightaway.

Buy the fastest flight you can that you can afford - this will reduce questing time to 100 (where you can make the real gold).

When you get to 90 start building your garrison - for a small building, get Enchanter's Study first and disenchant all the quest rewards you get in Draenor - this will net you a lot of Draenic Dust which you can either sell directly or convert to Temporal Crystals for sale. Don't bother replacing Barracks, save the Garrison Resources for upgrading to level 3.

Complete Shadowmoon Valley quest achievement as part of your levelling. When you get level 2 garrison, get a Trading Post. Get your ores/herbs from your mine/herb garden once you reach level 92/96 respectively and whenever the Work Order for Trading post is ore/herbs, fill up as many as you can. For a second small plot get Salvage Yard.

Levelling through, try to complete at least 2 more zone quest achievements. Once you get to 100, if you haven't got enough Garrison Resources to upgrade to level 3, go to Ashran and buy treasure maps for the zones you completed - go grab the treasures, lots of them are Garrison Resources (anything that's not can normally be sold). If you see Rares, they tend to drop GR as well. Once you can, upgrade to level 3, build an inn and get it upgraded asap for treasure hunter recruitment. At this point you may choose to switch your trading post for a barn to make savage bloods, but these are less valuable now.

There's a lot of guides on how to make a lot of gold with treasure hunters and garrison missions, but the method above is probably one of the quickest ways to level to 100 and have a good sum of gold when you get there. If you've got around 30k when you get to 100, don't spend it on a token until you've built your garrison to the stage where it can produce gold for you.

You should be able to get to 100 and have you Garrison built up and a decent amount of gold within the first month.

Levelling an alt the same way will add another load of gold.

Some notes for the above:

- Salvage yard requires a quest chain in Spires of Arak and becomes available at level 96
    - Generally don't DE Draenor stuff unless it's of rare quality. No point in DEing a green that can sell for up to 45 gold for one or two dust. Instead, just level up enchanting on the character instead. Profession DE gives more materials than the building does.
    - Avoid the treasure maps in Ashran and get the HandyNotes addon instead. It's free, gives more information and also adds the location of rares on the map. Grabbing treasures while leveling in a zone is also quicker than doing it while leveling and they award significant XP to boot.

I play EU but i imagine the economy is roughly the same. I do very little on six toons and get a nice amount of gold every week for it. 5 of them are tailors so i get at least 5 heaxweave bags a week to sell (can be more depending on rush work orders) which nets between 7-10k. I have level 3 barns on all of them and every sunday i gather up cages for an hour or so, enough to last for a week of work orders on each character. That usually gets me around 150 bloods which sell between 160-200g each, so you're looking at 20-30k there. All of them have a level 3 salvage yard and i log on once in the morning and once in the evening to do missions, giving me around 80-100 salvage boxes from which i vendor all the gear and other crap giving me another 1500-2000g each week per character from salvage, so that's another 9-12k total. I didn't bother with an inn to get treasure hunter followers i just left it to rng to see if i got the trait from leveling them up and i have 3 or 4 on a few toons. That gives me nice amounts of gold rewards from missions every now and then.

On average i get around 50k a week, so even on a smaller scale you'd easily get enough to buy tokens on US servers. This will probably change in 6.2 though with the value of bloods and bags going down in value for varying reasons.

Of course the thing to remember here is that getting the garrison set up to that point takes initial gold investment and also takes a while to get enough resources to build up the buildings, but once you get them set up you pretty much shit gold.
    Last edited by Gully Man; 2015-05-03 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    Easiest way is getting alts and do garrisons, that's what I will do. I only have one main and one alt max lvl atm and have already bought 7 tokens. On my way to level two more alts now, and will probably be 2 more after that if I have the energy, but then I will be good to go. Salvage yard, trading post are good choices. Also mining is good since ore sell like crazy now, around 500g stack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Also mining is good since ore sell like crazy now, around 500g stack.
    Ore stacks to 1000 pieces now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Ore stacks to 1000 pieces now?
    No, 200 ore in a stack :P I don't know, I'm on a big server even though it's only alliance but for some reason people are buying ore like crazy... and I'm getting rich and for once in a lifetime feel like I should make my run through that mine every day, which felt useless in the past =) Are the EU alliance people crazy?=)

With 4 level 100s I make 50k alone just doing Garrison Missions for gold each week. Have 9 Treasure Hunters on each char. Level 3 Inn, logg into WoW every 3 hours to send them on missions. I buy 3-4 tokens each week, aiming for a 2018 renewal before I stop purchasing these things.

This isn't even including Salvage Yard rewards + Savage Blood from Barn and Rush Orders (My servers dust to gold rate is garbage so I spend my resources on rush barn orders)

What I am mainly saying is the more level 100s you have the better. Toss in Scavenger + Treasure Hunters for followers. A few Epic Mounts help, but not really necessary. I'm small time compared to some people making gold on the Garrison. But if you can mange to get more than one level 100, it's worth it. Never have to pay the 15$ fee again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Easiest way is getting alts and do garrisons, that's what I will do. I only have one main and one alt max lvl atm and have already bought 7 tokens. On my way to level two more alts now, and will probably be 2 more after that if I have the energy, but then I will be good to go. Salvage yard, trading post are good choices. Also mining is good since ore sell like crazy now, around 500g stack.
    Usually even higher here.
    Blackrock ore if usually around 3g each, peaking up to 4g sometimes. Ore is more expensive than dusts (:

Mythic Raider... So I get 4 cache's a month. Each one I have set to have 3k come in with all of them. So that right there is 12k already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Auction house is your friend. See what you have access to and is expensive. Usually some lower level herbs are especially sought after, yet no one bothers to farm them. Easy to gather with flying as well. Don't bother with high end stuff, though.

Might want to also clear Black Temple and Sunwell every week. Karazhan too if you have free time. Those have some incredibly valuable stuff dropping occasionally that sometimes even pay for a token, not to mention how much the other stuff sells for. And always remember to use professions! Especially tailoring and enchanting.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Garrisons. I make 8-10k per day just from the raw gold from garrison missions on my main server(11 100s), and I'm still nowhere near fully decked out in treasure hunters. Just level a bunch of characters even if you don't actually plan on playing them, it's worth the time investment. Other than that, solo Cata raids every week, I guess?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 level 100s, one of them is fresh and will have 9+ treasure hunters. That alone pays for most of the token, but I often win and sell hc BRF BOEs, convert some GR to gold, solo old raids for mog items, so basically I just play normally and have the gold for the token.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run old instances, most of the Wrath one net about 500g on 10N and obviously more if you can do 25H. Cata instances I haven't figured out yet what 10N nets, but 25H you get like 125g per boss JUST in gold, that isn't counting vendor trash. Obviously it's a lot harder to solo than Wrath 25H's.

I typically clear the following each week:
    Kara (for mount, and I stop at Curator)
    Black Temple (full clear, looking for Felsteel Longblade pattern)
    About to add Sunwell to my list, I keep skipping that one.
    About to add TK, forgot about the mount that drops in there.

Ulduar 25 but skip Yog, takes too much effort and doesn't net much (unless going for the mount)
    ICC 25 (already have mount, still clear for gold)
    Naxx 25
    Vault of Archavon if Ally has it (we don't, usually, on the days I check)
    Obsidian Sanctum 25 (quick run, decent gold)

Blackwing Decent 10/25H, depending on the boss. I can't kill Maloriak on 25 without at least one wipe, which loses gold. I can't kill Chimeron on 25H either. Can't clear final fight on 25N, have to bump it to 10H.
    Bastion of Twilight 25H for most of the run, though I can't fight the 25H end boss (forget her name) so I skip her.
    Firelands 25H full clear, none of the bosses are complicated here
    Dragon Soul, up to Ultraxion on 25H, Ultraxion on 10N and stop there.

I vendor pretty much everything. Cloth goes to my tailor to make bags, which I'm still slowly upgrading amongst all my chars to Frostweave bags in banks. If a green will AH for more than 200G, I send to my bank char and post. Most BoE epics that drop in Cata instances aren't worth AH'ing, just vendor. Overall, I net about 5k per char per week doing all of these, but it is extremely time consuming and if you aren't geared enough or skilled enough, some of the fights will end up costing you quite a bit in repairs. Right now I use a 614 Destro lock and a 610 DK (blood and frost, depending on the boss). Will hopefully soon add my pally to that list.

My garrisons are hit or miss. I currently have 2 level 100s and a level 94 with level 100 followers, my 100s have about 6 treasure hunters, and I'm really not netting all that much from them. I do occasionally find greens to sell on the AH from Salvage crates with a level 3 Salvage yard, but they're extremely slow to sell and not very reliable. I haven't tried selling any ores or anything yet, though I may look into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.