View Poll Results: If you had the power to separate ALL different races to different planets. Would you?

Voters
79. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

21 26.58%
  • No.

58 73.42%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    If it were somehow possible, probably. But as others mentioned there's too many variations to really delineate a race. I just think you could avoid so many problems, so much hatred and bigotry if we all just stuck to our own kind. And that goes for physical as well as ideological/philosophical/political ideas too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    If it were somehow possible, probably. But as others mentioned there's too many variations to really delineate a race. I just think you could avoid so many problems, so much hatred and bigotry if we all just stuck to our own kind. And that goes for physical as well as ideological/philosophical/political ideas too.
    Not really.
    When you don't have different skin colors, people just start playing up hatred and bigotry between countries of origin. When you don't have that you get seperation of wealth, jobs, family structures, sexuality, a hundred other things.

You really aren't going to solve any problems by dividing races, just amplify problems that normally aren't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not really.
    When you don't have different skin colors, people just start playing up hatred and bigotry between countries of origin. When you don't have that you get seperation of wealth, jobs, family structures, sexuality, a hundred other things.

You really aren't going to solve any problems by dividing races, just amplify problems that normally aren't a big deal.
    This. Everything you said is true besides the fact that you make it sound like these problems aren't already a part of society at a large scale, which they are, probably on a larger scale than racism itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of decent forum doesn't have rules against racistic threads?? Oh...

Racism is amongst the most stupid things humans can do, we are all Homo Sapians Sapians.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    What kind of decent forum doesn't have rules against racistic threads?? Oh...

Racism is amongst the most stupid things humans can do, we are all Homo Sapians Sapians.
    there's no racism here, just a hypothetical situation, so calm down.

i swear, the thought policing today's society.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not really.

I was including things like sexuality, and the hundred other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    But then I'd be sending friends to different planets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude if I had that kind of power I'd be making the earth a better place, not doing "the quick fix."

And I would absolutely despise being stuck on a planet with my "bretheren", dear fucking god kill me now.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Sounds boring, I'd be more interested in separating groups of people by political beliefs.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Without a doubt. Not for the reason of seperating races but merely for the oportunity to seed human life to a big part of the galaxy.
    I'm sure we can come up with some definitions of race that will seperate earth in as much viable populations as possible.
    Lack of people will stagnate the growth of earth and all earth-like planets for a time, but will be repopulated fast enough. Current earth populations growth is becoming limited anyway.
    Having the opportunity to spread out humanity over thousands of planets ( 7000 if we go for +-1million humans per race. Which should be fine). thats a lot more then the 1 planet humanity populates now. 7000 chances to survive and develop collonization of space beats 1.
    Whatever ethical problems splitting people along race may give is far outweighted by the opportunities it will give.

Deleted
    No but Id probably do it if we could send the 3rd, the 2nd and the 1st world countries to separate planets.

Deleted
    Yeah, I would. Less problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because mid eastern and asian girls are super hot.

Nonsense question, since there is one "race" - the human race.

Deleted
    do my "mixed race" kids get planet hopping tele-portation powers? I think they might enjoy that. Otherwise no

Some of my bestest bros have been of different races than me. And as Genn so wisely pointed out, quite a large number of them are super hot.

No because I'm white and I like hispanic girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread just seems like an excuse to be racist, so I'm going to lock it before it crosses a line.