View Poll Results: If you had the power to separate ALL different races to different planets. Would you?

Voters
79. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

21 26.58%
  • No.

58 73.42%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the italian, native american, german, and irish planet.

a planet full of light olive skinned, black haired gods and goddesses.
    Battle cruiser operational!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    No need to separate them!
    I disagree. Female redheads are hot and awesome. Male redheads are useless and annoying at best. Completely different "race" in my opinion.

No I wouldn't. For one thing there are cases such as Sandra Laing
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandra_Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsdeath View Post
    I disagree. Female redheads are hot and awesome. Male redheads are useless and annoying at best. Completely different "race" in my opinion.
    Well we'll have to agree to disagree, I think they're just as great as the women!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    True but lots of planets. The general distinction would be race. Culture or ethnicity would be under that or it could just go by scientific distinction.
    Race is not a meaningful term for distinguishing between humans - our subspecies (homo sapiens sapiens) has no scientifically valid distinction for a race taxonomy. Culture and ethnicity are both sociological terms for broad stroke comparison only. There is no scientific distinction that is meaningful for specifying people as ethnically or culturally homogenous.

Here: pick your state, is everyone in your state the same culture or ethnicity? What about your neighbourhood? What singular culture are you? We would need 7.5 billion planets to do this right, and it would be very lonely.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we'll have to agree to disagree, I think they're just as great as the women!
    That's fine. I just have to say that whenever I see that redhead guy on The Walking Dead I just laugh and laugh. People really take that seriously?

That's fine. I just have to say that whenever I see that redhead guy on The Walking Dead I just laugh and laugh. People really take that seriously?
    I'm probably going to get eaten alive for this but I haven't seen it yet, so no clue what you're talking about. Have a name maybe so I can google him?

15+ Year Old Account
    Rather than race i would go about separating people by the language they speak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Race is not a meaningful term for distinguishing between humans - our subspecies (homo sapiens sapiens) has no scientifically valid distinction for a race taxonomy. Culture and ethnicity are both sociological terms for broad stroke comparison only. There is no scientific distinction that is meaningful for specifying people as ethnically or culturally homogenous.

Here: pick your state, is everyone in your state the same culture or ethnicity? What about your neighbourhood? What singular culture are you? We would need 7.5 billion planets to do this right, and it would be very lonely.

I think generic skin color should suffice. Or scientific distinctions. The point is based on today and what we know would it solve that race problem.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably going to get eaten alive for this but I haven't seen it yet, so no clue what you're talking about. Have a name maybe so I can google him?
    I had to look up his name, but the character is called Abraham Ford played by Michael Cudlitz. Not sure if he's a ginger IRL, but it's hilarious on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

My great, great grandmother was an expert marksman, a chick that can murder a bullseye from 100 yards with a .22, that's Manitoba Metis baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stop and think...

You wake up on whatever planet you're on after everything adjusted to this new normal. You roll out if bed and make your way to get the news paper what's it gonna read?

What's going to be in the news, what's day to day gonna look like?

Politics, sports etc.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I had to look up his name, but the character is called Abraham Ford played by Michael Cudlitz. Not sure if he's a ginger IRL, but it's hilarious on the show.
    Kinda looks like a ginger rambo. Seems cool from the massive hunting knife he's threatening people with in the images on google though. So is he just batshit crazy, or super redneck, or just stupid?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think generic skin color should suffice. Or scientific distinctions. The point is based on today and what we know would it solve that race problem.
    It wouldn't. We have multiracial individuals and families with members that have different skin color/pigmentation. All of my family varies in skin color.

Just stop and think...

You wake up on whatever planet you're on after everything adjusted to this new normal. You roll out if bed and make your way to get the news paper what's it gonna read?

What's going to be in the news, what's day to day gonna look like?

Politics, sports etc.
    Cops shoot another blue eyed person today...

huehuehue

Separate by race? No.
    Separate by culture/religion? Hell to the fucking yes!

Instant utopia!

I voted yes, purely to see what would be used to replace it as a means of segregation. But also think of the advancements in technology it would spur- we would need space marines to invade the other planets. And we would have to invade. It is just in our nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Hah.

I voted no because my race is awful and I like other races better.

People don't need planets, we're good at separating ourselves right here on Earth.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    While I know this is a nasty bait thread Ill join on but not voting.

Difficult question, while I could care less about the person next to me being whatever colour or racial ethnics he is, this would at least eliminate wars based on racism.
    But since skin colour is based on where you live and from who you originated from it would not help the slightest since people living in africa would slowly over time getting darker skin and people living in northern europe would slowly getting lighter skin due to no near to no sunlight.

So while this would remove racial tensions in the short run it would not fix anything and should not really be an option.

So my overall statement I would say no to this proposition.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup