Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Why is there this belief that summer offers so much to do? The average person might take a week or two vacation in the summers,
    You answered your own question, there isn't "this belief" you're just hearing from a lot of non-adults.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's silly. If you're busy with a job then the free time in the evening during summer is precious. Why spend it indoors like a hermit?
    Because it's fun. Wow, mind blown, right? Summer isn't somehow special. If anything it sucks because it gets hotter than I'd like(20C or so is perfect for me, once it gets above 30C it gets unbearable really fast). Not everybody enjoys doing stuff outside, so why is it any of your business if they decide to spend their free time inside doing something they do enjoy?
    Last edited by Tradu; 2015-05-06 at 01:14 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Same reason you would raid during winter, or fall... or spring...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So basically you work then you come home and spend all night on the computer? That's not a healthy lifestyle at all.
    Did your mom read that in a Ladies Home Journal magazine so you're repeating it? Get out of the 60's.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Tennisace, it is none of your business and you don't have any reason to think that your lifestyle is better than another one's lifestyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Did your mom read that in a Ladies Home Journal magazine so you're repeating it? Get out of the 60's.
    Breaking with a habit is not easy but once a person drops raiidng for few weeks there is very low incentive to go back - that why many mythic raiders dont stop to raid during summer because they would very fast realise how many years they wasted and even though the weather is nice they have nobody around them to spend time outside of house - so they did themselves deeper and deeper into unhealthy addiction covering it with "i hate hot weather" " i dont like yo go outside" - well duh ofc they dont like if by going outside of their basement makes them realise how lonely they are without their internet wow friends.

the same can be said about any addition : cigaretes , alcohol etc etc - once you stop for good you realise how detrimental for your life it was - exackly same is with mythic raiding and that exackly what most ex mythic raiders say " how much time we wasted in raids"

And about the 60 - much less people had problems with depression and in genearal with psychic health back then so dunno if 60 are that bad example to follow.
    Last edited by mmoc106f79deb3; 2015-05-06 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac2 View Post
    Breaking with a habit is not easy but once a person drops raiidng for few weeks there is very low incentive to go back - that why many mythic raiders dont stop to raid during summer because they would very fast realise how many years they wasted and even though the weather is nice they have nobody around them to spend time outside of house - so they did themselves deeper and deeper into unhealthy addiction covering it with "i hate hot weather" " i dont like yo go outside" - well duh ofc they dont like if by going outside of their basement makes them realise how lonely they are without their internet wow friends.

the same can be said about any addition : cigaretes , alcohol etc etc - once you stop for good you realise how detrimental for your life it was - exackly same is with mythic raiding and that exackly what most ex mythic raiders say " how much time we wasted in raids"

And about the 60 - much less people had problems with depression and in genearal with psychic health back then so dunno if 60 are that bad example to follow.
    Or maybe some of us just prefer people we can turn off and ignore to the real deal. Fuck nature. Fuck nature and all it's "society".

15+ Year Old Account

If not raiding and spending time outdoors makes you happy than do it. No one is demonizing wanting to enjoy yourself outside of WoW. But the OP is demonizing people who enjoy WoW more than the outdoors.

I think hiking is a waste of time but people enjoy that. Watching sports, especially when your team loses is a waste of time as well but people enjoy it. So is playing WoW. I don't go around telling people that their method of burning their free team is worse than mine That's silly, just like the OP's complaint.

If you want to document the effects of of addictive behavior that's for a different thread altogether.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

That wouldn't make sense with me considering I have been pushing end game raiding for many years, took a break during bc, part of wrath and half of mop yet still went back because its what I enjoyed doing. Mythic raiding is not a 'drug', you know the people you raid with, you enjoy progressing with them and that is what makes a stable raid guild. Sure, people need a break, I see people quit all the time but a year or two later, they might come back and get back into the game because they enjoyed the sense of progressing with people they knew and called their friends.

To say any of us hate the outside? I love fall, the leaves turning orange and red, taking hikes and walking through paths to see the changing colours. Winter is always a combination of hate/love depending on your work schedule as the snow can both be an amazing sight and a horrendous pain. Spring is when the flowers come up, trees and bushes spring to life and songbirds fly through the air (before being eaten by cats) If I wanted to take a break from raiding, I would love it in the fall or spring.

No, it's not an addiction. Sometimes it gets boring, sometimes you burn out and need a break, and you know what? It's perfectly normal and happens all the time. If anything, I am less depressed and feeling upset when i'm raiding with my group since there is people to talk to, to help you out and are always there to chat, even when not ingame.

(Plus is fact I only raid 9 hours a week which is a minuscule amount to push mythic progression and kill end bosses)

Your armchair psychoanalysis of people's behaviour is fucking hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account

Good point.

It really seems like they should be taking breaks. Maybe it's not what's best for individual guilds but still, people shouldn't be throwing their lives away over a game.