Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you fight someone that's bigger than you?

You see, I've always been physically above the people I was around.

I'm slightly taller than average ( my dad's a whooping 1.90 but he had to marry a midget and I sufferred for it ) and much more broad shouldered than the average lad.

However, I'm going to be up against a guy that's way heavier and about as tall. The weight difference is mostly fat, though, if that counts.

Since my usual tactic is overpowering through brute force and I can't exactly do that now, how do you deal with such an opponent?

are you boxing or something or is this like an all out meet-me-under-the-watertower-at-3-oclock type fight?

you can always hide a small canister of pepper spray in your off-hand and then spray him in the eyes like its the final fight in Bloodsport
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Quote Originally Posted by anakin57 View Post
    are you boxing or something or is this like an all out meet-me-under-the-watertower-at-3-oclock type fight?

you can always hide a small canister of pepper spray in your off-hand and then spray him in the eyes like its the final fight in Bloodsport
    He's going to fuck up one of my buddies and I'm not going to let him take the fall.

Yeah it'll be a street fight. The guy's pretty fat, doubt he knows how to fight either.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    He's going to fuck up one of my buddies and I'm not going to let him take the fall.

Yeah it'll be a street fight. The guy's pretty fat, doubt he knows how to fight either.
    Nut shots or pepper spray then, unless you're against fighting dirty.

Don't let them get near you of course, otherwise they can literally just sit on you and you won't be able to do much unless you can push him off.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    As Oberyn Martel said, It doesnt matter how big you are when you are on your back. Basically sweep the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    As Oberyn Martel said, It doesnt matter how big you are when you are on your back.
    And don't go on their back, otherwise they'll just lay down on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also fat people have weak joints, a kick to the side of the leg, shatter his knee and he will stop fighting back.

Kinda brutal, but if he pulls a weapon or something shatter that knee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to resolve your differences maturely and don't get into street fights? :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Try to resolve your differences maturely and don't get into street fights? :P
    Testosterone says that idea is lame!

Always let the bigger guy swing then counter, especially if he's fatter/heavier. Don't swing first against a bigger guy unless you are guaranteed to hit.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't put yourself in that position in the first place.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Don't put yourself in that position in the first place.
    Testosterone says that idea is lame!

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Since my usual tactic is overpowering through brute force and I can't exactly do that now, how do you deal with such an opponent?
    Seems like such an obvious answer. When fighting someone bigger and\or stronger, you fight better. Or maybe you just have more fight in you then they do. You know the old saying, Not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Clearly too late to get any training now, so guess it's just a matter of who wants it more.

Constant body blows, senor. Works every time if you know your pressure points.

bring more friends, no such thing as a fair fight, let him know he messes with one he messes with all

Yeah I'm not gonna throw 120 kilos over my shoulder.

Bob and weave with that speed, if he the person you're fighting has speed and power...well you are screwed