Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations to Bruce for having the courage to be himself, however he still a moron, and good for Santorum stating the obvious, he still a Republican!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think what troubles me most is when Jenner explained that she's a Republican because she "believes in the Constitution".

So do Democrats. Just as much.
    As if believing in a constitution was an inherently positive trait anyway.
    The interviewer cut him mid-sentence. Perhaps there was more to it than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether he's actually being genuine or not, we only have his words to go by. I believe the OP is using trans issues as a weapon against Repubs, even those who support trans. This is bad, and makes the OP look petty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Whether he's actually being genuine or not, we only have his words to go by. I believe the OP is using trans issues as a weapon against Repubs, even those who support trans. This is bad, and makes the OP look petty.
    You can take most civil right issues and use them against the republicans as ammunition so if the OP covers some of them there is nothing petty about it.

Call them out for being bigots in the firstplace dont shoot the messenger

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a huge fan of Santorum, I voted against him, however I'm glad to see he said something great. It's nice once in a while and see my state not be on the wrong side of things which seems to happen more and more often now.

I don't sub to /r/conspiracy so I wouldn't put too much stock into OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The problem here is the policies. Republicans have absolutely nothing to offer to trans-people. They don't support mandatory coverage of sex change operations/hormone replacement therapy, they don't support gender neutral bathroom policies enforced on private businesses, there's a pretty big deficit here where there should be pros.

It's like with Republicans and African Americans. Sure, you can pretend to like the pizza candidate because he's black, or throw up Allen West, but you have to also understand that the Republican party does not offer any political advancement for black people. They don't care about stop and frisk, they keep the drug war going and hurting people of color, they cut education funding to inner city schools, I could keep going on.

So, no. I'm not being petty by calling a trojan horse out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    The problem here is the policies. Republicans have absolutely nothing to offer to trans-people. They don't support mandatory coverage of sex change operations/hormone replacement therapy, they don't support gender neutral bathroom policies enforced on private businesses, there's a pretty big deficit here where there should be pros.

It's like with Republicans and African Americans. Sure, you can pretend to like the pizza candidate because he's black, or throw up Allen West, but you have to also understand that the Republican party does not offer any political advancement for black people. They don't care about stop and frisk, they keep the drug war going and hurting people of color, they cut education funding to inner city schools, I could keep going on.

So basically zero proof, and you are essentially acting like a damn bigot by generalizing people. "Oh well they all do this so obviously it's just a ploy."

There are actually progressive republicans in South Carolina though. The people have elected a gay leader senator and a Black senator for christ sake.
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2015-05-03 at 03:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account

and what has the democrat party done for blacks other then empty lip service to get votes?
    Last edited by stabetha; 2015-05-03 at 03:06 AM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    So basically zero proof, and you are essentially acting like a damn bigot by generalizing people. "Oh well they all do this so obviously it's just a ploy."

There are actually progressive republicans in South Carolina though. The people have elected a gay leader senator for christ sake.
    http://www.alternet.org/republican-p...sgender-people

This week in transphobic bathroom panic: A Kentucky Republican has introduced a bill that would force students to use school restrooms and locker rooms in accordance with their “biological” sex in order to “protect” cisgender students — but wait, there’s more. State Sen. C.B. Embry’s so-called Kentucky Student Privacy Act would also actively punish schools that attempt to accommodate transgender students, forcing them to pay students who encounter trans people in the “wrong” bathroom.
    I could just keep finding these. They're pretty easy to find, given the obvious bigotry rampant in the party that you don't want to face.

Also, I'm glad you think that Republicans should get an award for allowing gay people to rise through their ranks. Now, if only the base thought the same when they're not busy uninviting gay lobbying groups to CPAC: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-rich...ue-to-gay-ban/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    and what has the democrat party done for blacks other then empty lip service to get votes?
    Look you can become president son.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.alternet.org/republican-p...sgender-people

I could just keep finding these. They're pretty easy to find, given the obvious bigotry rampant in the party that you don't want to face.

Also, I'm glad you think that Republicans should get an award for allowing gay people to rise through their ranks. Now, if only the base thought the same when they're not busy uninviting gay lobbying groups to CPAC: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-rich...ue-to-gay-ban/
    from your link -
    Grenell made sure to note that he has a lot of friends at CPAC and does not believe anti-gay beliefs are held by the majority
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

15+ Year Old Account
    Ill be honest, I don't understand trans people, they don't make logical sense to me. But they can do w/e they want, who am I care to care about w/e they do.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Look you can become president son.
    thanks to the republicans
    I hate America

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    You are upset that people are sympathetic towards trans people?
    I'm not pleased by it, but I honestly don't care enough to bother someone else with it. I wish trans were less accepted but it is what it is...good thing there is this thing called freedom where people don't have to agree with me. (being serious, I don't think people should be forced to agree with me as some other idiots do)

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow discussion of gender identity here, and since this thread seems to be a combination of that and partisan insults, I'm going to close this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |