Poll: What is your relationship to Raiding?

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are you a Raider?

What ho,

Considering Blizzard seems to be spending more and more of its resources on raid dungeons, I figured it would be interesting to find out what we all raid, if we raid at all.

What is your relationship to raiding, at the present?
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2015-05-03 at 08:53 PM.

No poll?
    8/10 mythic so yea im a raider.
    I only play this game for the raids, would never have touched it if it didn't have the heroic(mythic now) raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    No poll?
    8/10 mythic so yea im a raider.
    I only play this game for the raids, would never have touched it if it didn't have the heroic(mythic now) raids.
    Poll is up now.

I'm a LFR raider, but frankly its only because there isn't much else to do other than finish leveling the alts. If I could make equal progress doing something else, I wouldn't do that much at all either. It's not that I can't raid normal or even heroic, its that I just got burnt out on it at the start of Cata after doing it for years. I " raid" because there isn't really any other option as far as progression goes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since when does LFR count as raiding?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1mmersi0n View Post
    You are inside a raid instance and kill bosses inside that raid instance, therefore it is raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulagamingtv View Post
    You are inside a raid instance and kill bosses inside that raid instance, therefore it is raiding.
    Even though it need less organization and skill than hc dungeons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 1mmersi0n View Post
    Doesn't really matter though, since it's a separate option in the poll, this is just you getting your ego across.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably since the time it was named Looking for Raid instead of Looking for Pizza.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Doesn't really matter though, since it's a separate option in the poll, this is just you getting your ego across.
    The OP is clear on this. Blizzard spends a ton of resources on raids, he wants to know how many people actually raid, so difficulty for this poll isn't really relevant. Everyone knows thought that you can't compare LFR to the other difficulties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Even though it need less organization and skill than hc dungeons?

Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it multiple times during all expansions, with multiple roles. Just kept quitting halfway fights because I was getting bored out of my mind. It's just not for me I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    If i would play the amount i did back in TBC/Wotlk and mainly Cata i would prob be fitted in the Mythic raider catagory but since i never actualy raided mythic because it came out after i stopped raiding i went with Hardcore raider (eventho i wouldnt even know what would seperate a mythic raider from a hardcore raider since both are practicly the same).

So why did you actualy put Mythic raider and Hardcore raider as a seperate vote? because to me personal what kind of raider you are is defined by the amount of time you put into the challenge aswell as the result.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2015-05-03 at 10:35 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Yes, currently 4/10 mythic bosses in at the moment so I put my vote in the "Mythic raider" choice.

I think he meant to put "Heroic raider" instead of "Hardcore raider" since its two separate things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, though I currently raid in a friends type guild, so whilst one or two are pretty decent, as a collective we're not that great. 9/10 normal as a guild, 2/10 heroic. 3/10 heroic from pugging (only pugged once).

Now we're winding down I might pug more, I find myself having to pug as healer instead of dps though.

I've previous raided at higher levels, but I'm not one for seeking out guilds to raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaderp View Post
    I think he meant to put "Heroic raider" instead of "Hardcore raider" since its two separate things.
    Probably.
    I chose "mythic raider" even if we only have 2/10 right now (HansFranz 4%, we're getting there :< ).
    But I'm a far cry from a hardcore raider.

Deleted
    Only 4/10 Mythic, but I'd consider myself a mythic raider. Mostly helping out my old GMs in their new guild, so I don't attend if I don't feel like it.

Running LFRs only since MoP, these days I dun have enough time and will to spend 3 hours a day and 5 days a week in instance. LFR provides nice flexibility, I do miss getting my raid tiers though, but at least I can see the progression of the storyline. If I dun feel like raiding, I just slack for couple of weeks and that's it, there's no need to stress out cuz of probability of losing my raid spot anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a serious raider in the past but been far more casual as I've gotten older and had more things in life other than WoW. Put myself down as normal.

Last time I was "ahead of the curve" so to speak was Tier 11. I was in the 4th guild in my server to down Heroic Chogall
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Only 4/10 Mythic, but I'd consider myself a mythic raider. Mostly helping out my old GMs in their new guild, so I don't attend if I don't feel like it.
    You sound like a nightmare to have on a mythic raiding team.

I'm in mostly semi casual friendly guild. We do have all cleared on hc and we are recruiting for mythic tho.