Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Female orc run animation changes in 6.2

ok so, i don't normally make threads. i think this is probably the second i've ever made, but i'm doing it because i'm not seeing any discussion about it anywhere else.

the female orc's running animation was changed and it's a very bad change. i hadn't posted about it yet, because i didn't know how to make gifs for comparison, but thanks to gourmandise i now have gifs.

http://imgur.com/a/b4UJC

as you can see, her spine is like a metal spike instead of a spine now, completely straight backed while running and holds her head downwards like her head's just hanging on that metal spike that's through her.

i actually don't mind the changed position of her arms, it's just the posture that's all wrong. i'm hoping it'll get changed with enough feedback, cause female orc was probably my favorite of the new models.

you can mention other changes to her if you want, i guess make it somewhat like the belf, nelf, and draenei threads. i did notice she got some facial changes too.

Deleted
    To be honest the new one feels more natural to me but that could just be me.... I like the change honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're making all the fun bouncy runs too smooth. :S

to me, it's just waaay too rigid and it makes it feel unnatural. if we look at the human female, her posture while running is similar i believe, but it's got that small lean to it that most people have while running, so she doesn't look like the t1000 from terminator.

The new run animation is much more faithful to vanilla one, the only tweak it needs now is more movement in mid section. Live version is extremely uncomfrotable and I cannot play my dk becuase of it it really feels like is she has a load in her pants.

On a side note :Troll female also have been tweeked before in 6.1. and now in 6.2. her run finally feels natural. So if orc female will go the same road then orc females will get perfect running animation. Hopefully.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-05-07 at 10:02 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Kind of looks like the dumb as hell fem troll run when it first released lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    The new run animation is much more faithful to vanilla one, the only tweak it needs now is more movement in mid section. Live version is extremely uncomfrotable and I cannot play my dk becuase of it it really feels like is she has a load in her pants.
    the new one had some problems, like her leg separation and arm positioning, but other than that it felt right for an orc. it was rough, like she's not some dainty flower that gives a crap about posture, she's a warrior coming to kick the shit out of you and everything you love. it suits the orc more. she's not just a green human.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Kind of looks like the dumb as hell fem troll run when it first released lol.
    Ye but now it's really nice and smooth:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the new one had some problems, like her leg separation, but other than that it felt right for an orc. it was rough, like she's not some dainty flower that gives a crap about posture, she's a warrior coming to kick the shit out of you and everything you love. it suits the orc more. she's not just a green human.
    I see your point but the fact is that majority of players wanted this run back, and wanted models to be faithful to original. I for example wanted new melee animations for troll females becuase they feels weak, even after revamp :P
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

i think the best thing that could be done, is for blizzard to add a toggle. idk how it'd be done, but add a toggle for new run animation and old run animations. it'd add more character diversity and please everyone.

Deleted
    Thank the lawd jeebuz. I fucking hated the hunched over running.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    They're making all the fun bouncy runs too smooth. :S
    Personally i'm glad that they're stiffening them up a bit. They're supposed to be heroes not looney toons.

Deleted
    Please someone. I don't have access to the PTR.

Could someone be so kind and post a video of this change?
    I'd love to see it in action and not just from the gifs. I hated the 6.1 run animation, hopefully 6.2 is an improvement to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Personally i'm glad that they're stiffening them up a bit. They're supposed to be heroes not looney toons.
    yeah, but they're also people... not robots. people aren't stiff, rigid robots.

i know i don't look anything like that when i run in real life, and if i did i'd never run again, because it's just embarrassing.

honestly... it looks like she has to poop. like she's stiffened up and clenching trying to hold it in.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2015-05-07 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infurin View Post
    Please someone. I don't have access to the PTR.

Could someone be so kind and post a video of this change?
    I'd love to see it in action and not just from the gifs. I hated the 6.1 run animation, hopefully 6.2 is an improvement to me.

I can try do it

- - - Updated - - -

There, I hope video is showing things good, I'm not that good with recording :

I miss Mists of Pandaria

thank you for posting a video.

this is actually a deterrent for me finishing my hunter. i wanted a good orc commander, but now... i don't really want to touch my orc again. i was also thinking of faction changing my shaman, but that's completely out of the question now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I can try do it
    Thanks!
    I like it more than the 6.1 one. a bit stiff, but a lot better. Something was just off with how they ran prior to this. Weird legs or something

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a more faithful translation of the original model's run animation and also feels more natural than the low-arm-swinging, forward-leaning trundle we have on live.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    thank you for posting a video.

this is actually a deterrent for me finishing my hunter. i wanted a good orc commander, but now... i don't really want to touch my orc again. i was also thinking of faction changing my shaman, but that's completely out of the question now
    Shamans should stay Horde imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Infurin View Post
    Thanks!
    I like it more than the 6.1 one. a bit stiff, but a lot better. Something was just off with how they ran prior to this. Weird legs or something

Here are gifs that are showing exactly where the "stiff" part is :

So to make new run feel less stiff is to make orc woman sway her hips during run like in the old model.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-05-07 at 01:25 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

i'd like it if they'd add the lean from the new one and hip sway from the original, also make her look up like she does with the current one. proud warriors look their enemy in the face, not their feet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Thank the lawd jeebuz. I fucking hated the hunched over running.
    inorite?

when WOD hit I was mad that they made my sexy bitch run like a cave man. I get it... orcs should both run like orcs, but no. Not the gals. I'm glad they're fixing it.