Deleted

SWTOR keeps crashing on me and I don't know why...

I experience 2 kinds of crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME.

The first kind is a crash when I open the preferences window.

The second kind is a during the initial login screen, when I'm entering the world on my character.

I've reinstalled the game completely, even removing all the traces of the game, which kinda fixed it, but it started breaking again a few days ago. The only solution I've found so far is removing the swtor folder in my appdata/local, but that resets my UI and removes all my preferences.

Does anyone know how I can fix these problems permanently?

Deleted
    Have you tried running the repair tool?

I don't really know why it would keep crashing, so I would try the repair tool first and contact support whilst looking for a solution.

Perhaps update the gfx driver?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by magnoberta View Post
    Have you tried running the repair tool?

I don't really know why it would keep crashing, so I would try the repair tool first and contact support whilst looking for a solution.

Perhaps update the gfx driver?
    how do you start the repair tool? The Repair button on the launcher utilities window is greyed out, and I don't have a fixlauncher option.

I found something that MIGHT have fixed it, by changing my window mode to windowed (fullscreen).

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    how do you start the repair tool? The Repair button on the launcher utilities window is greyed out, and I don't have a fixlauncher option.

I found something that MIGHT have fixed it, by changing my window mode to windowed (fullscreen).
    You have to sign in first. Then the repair tool is enabled. (I struggled with this as well.)

Deleted
    I found that it has to do with my preferences getting corrupted somehow. If I change something in my graphics settings before entering the game (like fullscreen to windowed-fullscreen), it works.

Deleted
    My guildie had the same issue; he said he updated some drivers and it got fixed.