Mythic Flamebender Help [With Logs]

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...id%24false%240

We just downed Mythic Hans and Frans, horray! And are progressing on Mythic Flamebender. These are our first attempts so some are messy... our main problem from what I can see is the fixated players not exiting the wolf stack point quickly enough and dropping weapons / lava slash too close.

We keep range on left and right side of the room and keep the entrance wall clear of bad things to make stacking wolves in the center. We were saving hero for first wolves and second pots for second wolves but found ourselves getting to third round of wolves without being able to burn the boss. So we swapped to hero at pull and got her to 16% before wiping to third wolves (had about 5 dps dead going into it).

The fight is pretty much move out and bad and burn wolves fast. I think we'll get it next week but what can we do to increase our chances? Any glaringly obvious raid fails?

Thank you so much for any tips. Please be gentle as most of our raiders are new to mythic and we have a lot to learn. Appreciate any help!!

Deleted
    Have your bear tank the wolves, he will have better CDs for magic damage than your warrior. Get him to take glyph of survival instincts and take the talent 'bristling fur'.

You should only take 3 breaths maximum; on first breath use barkskin, on second use bristling fur, on second use survival instincts. If you need to do a 4th for some reason, use survival instincts again. He will have his CDs up again by the second wolves.

For your guys who are moving into melee, give them CDs. Right now you are spending all your CDs on your warrior tank when your bear can do it without them, instead give a hand of sac/barkskin/vigilance/pain sup to each person being meleed so they can survive.

That's great tips thank you!! We did swap to our bear tank on wolves the last few pulls and agree we should have done that from the beginning. Thank you so much for the CDs to use, that will save us the option of using them on melee targets as mentioned. Perfect

DBM tells you when you're fixated.. but not when its done fixating on you. Perhaps a raid leader announcing "Next set of fixates" or something like that will help out the people who are more focused on killing the wolves together. (Easy to tunnel and forget to move out)

We pop all cds on pull.
    Lust for first set of dogs
    Save CDS for 2nd set of wolves with 2nd potions
    Ignore 3rd set of wolves and kill.

Also, your disc priest seems to really be struggling on this fight. Key bubbles on fixated targets even clarity of will for this fight helps.. especially for those people who are double fixated or lack personal cds to live through fixates. I bet once your disc priest learns this fight you guys will kill it. Its only a 10-20 wipe fight.

Thanks so much Base! Great tips.

Agreed on the "doesn't tell you when fixate is over" problem, I did find a weak aura that will also show the timer so correctly using that will help a ton on getting out quickly. I think tunneling and being unsure when fixate was over was definitely a culprit.

I am unsure if we are going to be able to burn down the boss (ignore third wolves) without utilizing hero on pull - how is your dps comparing to ours, so I can get some indication on what our team needs to shoot for to get the kill without hero on pull? We were finding we got 3rd set of wolves and she was at 25% if we used hero during first wolves as opposed to the beginning of the fight. I'm sure our DPS can pick it up a notch once mechanics are more auto-pilot and less panic.

The disc was a filler for our Mistweaver - having life cocoon shield one of the fixated targets will be an added bonus. I agree, our healers can step it up (myself included) and if we can keep everyone alive through 2nd wolves it should be GG.

Thank you for your help, appreciate the reinforcement on fixes we've thought about, and the new tips! Keep pointing stuff out if you find anything else.

We use hero on pull - pots for 1st adds (it does come up) and DPS cooldowns (2 minutes + sit on 3 minute CDs) for 2nd set.
    Make sure DPS who get fixated aren't using immunities or threat drops. It will cause the dog to fixate someone else, usually someone who's already fixated, and double fixate hurts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are you handling wolves fixates? Kiting or face tanking? We kited for much of our initial progression but ultimately swapped to just face tanking them in melee. The faster melee can cleave dogs down, the easiee the fight gets. Wolves really should die before a new overheated is chosen (right after 3rd breath). Of course make sure your wolf tank is utilizing external cooldowns for breath 2 and 3. The players face tanking dogs will need some healer attention.

Weapon placement is crucial. Ranged or healers spawning a weapon in or near the melee can really make things messy. Emphasize people watching there feet after for the fire crap on the ground around firestorm time. And make sure you're ranged isn't spawning bad lava slashes that bounce around in the melee. As was said before lust on first wolves, save dps cooldowns and pots for 2nd set. Boss should die before or right as 3rs set of wolves spawn.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest factor in avoiding the problem of people with fixates not moving out in time and getting Lava Slash on melee, etc, is actually killing the wolves in a timely manner. And in that respect I think your stacking point has a lot to be desired. I watched a few replays and it takes upwards of 20s for you guys to get all the wolves stacked and in some cases a full minute to kill them. If at all possible you should move your stacking point closer to where the wolves spawn. Just have people spec full AoE for this fight because the only difficult part is killing the wolves quickly. The quicker those wolves die, the more time you have to move out before the next Lava Slash, and the wolves won't fixate a second target.

This will be important to you. Everyone should try to get on Choco's level.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    I think the biggest factor in avoiding the problem of people with fixates not moving out in time and getting Lava Slash on melee, etc, is actually killing the wolves in a timely manner. And in that respect I think your stacking point has a lot to be desired. I watched a few replays and it takes upwards of 20s for you guys to get all the wolves stacked and in some cases a full minute to kill them. If at all possible you should move your stacking point closer to where the wolves spawn. Just have people spec full AoE for this fight because the only difficult part is killing the wolves quickly. The quicker those wolves die, the more time you have to move out before the next Lava Slash, and the wolves won't fixate a second target.

This will be important to you. Everyone should try to get on Choco's level.

Such a great point, thank you. It always helps to have someone point out something obvious and shift your perspective Yes, we were originally tanking the boss where it spawns and then moving to mid for the wolf phase to get out of the lava slashes on the ground. It makes much more sense to flip flop that, start with boss in mid and then move towards wolf spawn. That will probably be the game changer for us, so thank you!!

Previously we were getting 4-5 breaths which it sounds like is far too many. Just to clarify, if we burn them before 4 breaths she should not cast lava slash until after wolves, correct?

Thanks again that was a great pointer I should have thought of.

Update: Flamebender is dead! We downed him the next few pulls after reading all your great advice. Thanks guys!