Some help with a new videocard for WOW

Preety easy .

I just want to upgrade my old videocard - a Geforce GTX 550 TI - 192 bits

My options till now are :

1. GIGABYTE nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 N770OC-2GD, 2048MB GDDR5, 256bit

2. EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ 2GB DDR5 128-bit

Got a I5-3470 3.2 Ghz / 8 G DDR3

My play resolution is : 1980x1080

Did a lot of research and cant seem to make up my mind about this purchase cose the opinnions are so different.

It would help me a lot if some of you acctualy own one of the card i want to buy and ofc play Warcraft cose i wanna know how good they are doing

OFC i appreciate any new suggestions of new models in the same price bracket .

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by nyros; 2015-05-04 at 05:26 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    The gtx 770 is not a huge upgrade over the 960 and most likely the 960 is far cheaper too, which makes it the obvious choice imo.

I know its a bit a of cock move and its a bit offtopic, but I highly recomend raising a few more bucks and grabbing a GTX970, its quite a large step up

so i understand that the 256 bit vs 128 bit does not matter ?

Deleted
    the 970 makes no sense for 1080p@60hz for wow. You won't even cap the 960...

Always search for benchmarks when comparing two video cards, don't compare the two cards based on the name/title alone.

In benchmarks, the 770 is slightly faster than the 960, but also being an older GPU, the 770 uses more power and requires a higher wattage GPU.

Since you used the Geforce GTX 550 TI, which is a very power efficient card, I would also make sure your PSU is high enough wattage and has the correct cables for the GPU you pick. If you want to get real technical, ensure your PSU has decent amperage on the 12V rail.

I'm assuming you'll find the 960 a quite bit cheaper than the 770, so I'd go with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, if WoW is your only real game that you play, pick whichever is cheaper. For a 1920x1080 resolution, either of the cards will run high frame rates even at max settings. I'm running a 660 with most settings maxed out and run 70 to 100 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by nyros View Post
    so i understand that the 256 bit vs 128 bit does not matter ?
    It does matter, and a lot, but it's not the only thing to compare. Their performance is reasonably close with the 770 being 13% better. So I wouldn't look at the 770 unless it's for 13% cheaper.
    Had this been in higher resolutions, however, I would not recommend the 960 over the 770.

Even a cheap r9 280 is enough for wow, take what u wish.