Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Yep. Weird that they switched early in the 20th century.
    Heh, shows the power of what roles we are imprinted with, I suppose.
    I mean, I am an advocate of equality and wouldn't mind seeing society become a lot more gender-neutral. But at the same time my favourite color is blue, and I wouldn't be caught dead, wearing pink.

Even if objectively I know it's just two random colors we've arbitrarily chosen to associate with specific genders with no natural meaning to it at all.

More on topic with the thread. Yes, there have been a lot of threads as of late that appear trolly. Over the top in one direction, just to get a discussion going that won't fall off the front page for a while. Perhaps that is the weakness of forum discussions: If no one gets offended and everyone can express their opinions casually in frank discussion, the thread isn't going to get 24+ pages. It'll get 3-5 max, and get buried.

Which is too bad. Because these are the kind of hypotheticals and exchanges of opinions that could be interesting, informative and educational, if it was in anyway possibly to avoid people going around taking offense at each other, and seeing the need to bash other opinions/people/groups in their own posts. Especially through base insults and dismissals as filth and morons.

Honestly dont see the need for this, people must be truly bored out of their minds if this things are actual issues/topics of discussion... Then again, plenty of people making lucrative careers out of exploiting under-developed minds of late-teen early 20s ideologist people who just now started to see the world, have enough knowledge to start questioning but not enough understanding to realize they are shouting for no reason.

The term infantilization really starts to make sense to me, that or im just growing old.

Edit: Reminds me of this actually, when people start shouting while not really knowing shit.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2015-05-06 at 07:53 AM.

Deleted
    Salandrin Security is on a roll.