Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Hi. I'm a 27 years old male and It's quite common for me to get slapped on the arse, groped on (not on the private parts tho, well, sometimes) and being asked personal questions about my sexual life. Is this considered sexual harassment or am I boned since I'm a male?
    Don't infringe on their right to rape you as women.

At least, that's what they'd like you to believe. Don't waste time on a forum. Skip HR, find a lawyer and sue them independently, not the business.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

I know that this is somewhat off-topic, but very recently I felt the need to actually sit my business partner down and have a long chat with him about sexual harassment.

He's a guy in his early 30's, Cuban-American with all the stereotypes that involves. I literally given up trying to keep track on who he slept with and who is sleeping with. A cool guy all in all, attractive ladies man. Women just melt around him. It's almost surreal.

The girls at work are all universally flirty with him and it was never really an issue, tho I often raised an eyebrow in my case because many of the interactions he has with them is beyond what I would consider permissible. But it always seemed reciprocal.

Recently we hired some new interns. Most of them woman in their early 20's, so I observed the entire dynamic all over again. I got increasingly worried that at some point he'll fuck up somehow and cause a harassment suit or something.

My problem is out of what I observed is that what considered sexual harassment is often arbitrary. I can complement a girl on her hair or nails, or exchange weekend hook-up stories and all is good. My partner, well he can get away with a lot more and still all fun and games. The 3rd guy literally compliments a girl for her shoes and gets called a creeper behind his back.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2015-05-05 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Don't infringe on their right to rape you as women.

At least, that's what they'd like you to believe. Don't waste time on a forum. Skip HR, find a lawyer and sue them independently, not the business.
    Yeah, because that will make him look good.

You should record each such incident in writing (where, who, what, etc.) and report to HR. If they refuse to do anything about it, then threatening the company with litigation is an appropriate response.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would say, screw going to HR and complaining about it. Next time it happens, just say "I'm free in about 5 mins if you want to have a go."

I guess I just don't see the issue with it. Horny older ladies are usually pretty good in bed; experience has taught them some shit.
    You never stated if it makes you uncomfortable or not, just asked if it was considered sexual harassment. The answer to which would of course be Yes. Maybe just tell them that it makes you uncomfortable before you decide to get them in trouble for something that they probably thought was just innocent flirting.

IDK man, do whatever you are going to do. MMO-Champion doesn't need any more threads about being unable to think for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    My problem is out of what I observed is that what considered sexual harassment is often arbitrary. I can complement a girl on her hair or nails, or exchange weekend hook-up stories and all is good. My partner, well he can get away with a lot more and still all fun and games. The 3rd guy literally compliments a girl for her shoes and gets called a creeper behind his back.
    You're going to lose your business the first time a woman working for you figures out the easiest way to get rich.

Yes, women are usually OK with the "hot guy" at the office flirting, and much less so with less attractive males. It's a ridiculous double standard, but there's literally nothing you can do about it except roll your eyes.