Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taybox View Post
    Legendaries They were great when they were only obtainable by top notch raiders
    Since when was legendaries only for top notch raiders ?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    What are alts?
    I don't see how this is related.
    Alts are something you get to 680 before you get the 690 ring anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    And how exactly do they benefit any less if I activate my own ring?
    In a form raid situation there are times that the ring will be more beneficial if there is a plan for using it. If you go rogue and use the ring on your own the CD may not line up with lust, there could be a big income of damage that the ring will help out but oh wait its on CD because someone used it on their own.

If the ring "on use" ability is that big of a problem for you to not use unless called for how do you feel about battle rezs or lust? Those are two abilities that classes have that are not allowed to use them unless called for or dedicated by someone to use. Those two abilities could be the difference from wiping or succeeding just like the ring could be the same. If you wipe at 2% and during the encounter someone used their ring randomly it could of been the difference between a wipe or a kill.

Now this is taking LFR out of the situation because we all know its going to be a cluster fuck with players there. Which again someone will most likely use the ring on the start of the fight and in LFR bosses don't last long so your only going to be able to use it twice, three times at most.
    Signature made by Gamelol-MMO-C

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by opeth150 View Post
    In a form raid situation there are times that the ring will be more beneficial if there is a plan for using it. If you go rogue and use the ring on your own the CD may not line up with lust, there could be a big income of damage that the ring will help out but oh wait its on CD because someone used it on their own.

If the ring "on use" ability is that big of a problem for you to not use unless called for how do you feel about battle rezs or lust? Those are two abilities that classes have that are not allowed to use them unless called for or dedicated by someone to use. Those two abilities could be the difference from wiping or succeeding just like the ring could be the same. If you wipe at 2% and during the encounter someone used their ring randomly it could of been the difference between a wipe or a kill.

Now this is taking LFR out of the situation because we all know its going to be a cluster fuck with players there. Which again someone will most likely use the ring on the start of the fight and in LFR bosses don't last long so your only going to be able to use it twice, three times at most.
    I don't spend months grinding for heroism and battle res.

And I am not talking about using it myself in the context of it activating for everyone... I am saying how would each of us having our own cooldown be any less effective? If anything it would be potently more effective... If I get lucky and have both my trinkets proc at the same time giving me 40% mastery and 30% crit... Do you not think using the ring at that time would be more beneficial than simply waiting and using it in tandem with heroism, which is all that is going to happen? Now imagine everyone in the raid lines up its use with procs like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What's legendary about getting lucky with RNG. I want to Legendaries to feel more "Legendary" too, but you're preaching to the choir. I just want a weapon Legendary.

You shouldn't give a shit that other people can get the Legendary. I've never understood that mentality; it's just toxic and envious. Pretty sure the statistics on the front page indicated barely anyone's even touched the 6.1 quest yet. I haven't for one, but then again I haven't been playing much either.
    None of the past legendaries were "getting lucky with RNG" and I dispelled that rumor plenty. Show me your Illidan kill before SWP opened and then we can call glaives just "getting lucky with RNG".

Also it's more "toxic" to demand you have a legendary brought down to your level because you're jealous of what other people had. Shoe wasn't on the other foot. We had legendaries you had to be good to get and they were steaming jealous about what other people had so now everyone gets one and it's a MUST have for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Oh look another weekly thread about some guy who is pissy that if someone else has something in a video game he doesn't feel like he is unique anymore.

Yes , once again here we are in a thread complaining of the color of an item and how the masses shouldn't have it.
    These sure are fun can't wait till we hear his hard they were to get in the past just love those posts.
    Anyway how are you doing today?
    See you in the next thread they reword to start this I deserve this item and you don't thread again.
    Till then have a nice day.

Deleted
    You know what I hate about the legendary quest line? I have to go back into raid finder or flex every goddamn week just to see the story progress one notch once or twice a month. I just wanna see the goddamn story and I don't want to have anything to do with the raiding part of the game anymore beyond the first clear.

Quote Originally Posted by floud View Post
    You know what I hate about the legendary quest line? I have to go back into raid finder or flex every goddamn week just to see the story progress one notch once or twice a month. I just wanna see the goddamn story and I don't want to have anything to do with the raiding part of the game anymore beyond the first clear.
    Then don't do the legendary quest line.
    Do lfr once till full clear and call it a day.
    What is so hard about that?
    One side of the mouth says they are to easy to get and these scrubs shouldn't have it.
    The other side of the mouth whines it takes so long to get I want it now.
    Just amazing, simple amazing

Quote Originally Posted by taybox View Post
    Legendaries were great when "legendary" was what they were. They were great when they were only obtainable by top notch raiders, and still, not every one of those raiders had them. This makes them, legendary. No, I'm not a top notch raider and I've never even owned a legendary. For some reason I didn't try for the cloak in MoP. Now that this one seems so easily obtainable, my OCD kicks in and i feel that I am forced to get it, on every single toon I raid on.

I am an alt kind of guy. I like to play alot of toons and main swap quite a bit. With this new legendary quest line, i can't play how I want to play. Because we all know, as soon as people start getting them, the only way you till be invited to a raid, is if you have the ring. Which is absolutely silly.

I would much rather just raid and play on my toons how I want and not feel pressured into doing a questline that takes months to go through and be forced to raid outdated content for stones and runes...

Garrisons alone already hinder my alt playing, now with this questline its even worse.

Why in the world should everyone have access to this item? ESPECIALLY being obtainable in LFR... come on.
    My level 100 warrior facerolled Black Temple recentl, ran to boss, thunderclapped, and ignored pretty much all mechanics,and got one of the legendaries (finally) you speak of...should it be knocked down to green quality now because I made no trying or effort at all to acquire it?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    None of the past legendaries were "getting lucky with RNG" and I dispelled that rumor plenty. Show me your Illidan kill before SWP opened and then we can call glaives just "getting lucky with RNG".

Also it's more "toxic" to demand you have a legendary brought down to your level because you're jealous of what other people had. Shoe wasn't on the other foot. We had legendaries you had to be good to get and they were steaming jealous about what other people had so now everyone gets one and it's a MUST have for raiding.
    Glaives, bindings, eye and bow were purely RNG in nature. Atiesh, Valynr, were drops that were not too rare that lead to quest lines to restore said items. Shadowmourne staff and fangs were all quest driven along with some small RNG drops.

Figure this legendaries have changed since they came in. I like the way legendaries are involved with lots of quests and unlock over the course of the expansion. I dislike the fact they are not weapons =[

What I don't get is.. Why are legendaries not Mythic only? Guaranteed personal drops from Mythic bosses. That ensures they are available enough while also keeping their status of 'hard to obtain'. Like you have to kill 50-60 mythic bosses (for Foundry equivalent). And if you also manage to kill the last boss, give it another 5 or 10 ilvl upgrade.

That would leave a lot of casuals and scrubs crying, but it would SOMEWHAT restore the status.

I still don't understand why people argue about the Cloak and Ring vs the others. In all reality, every one of them required time, not skill.

Besides, we all know there is only one real legendary.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The whole definition of "Legendary" is lost to some, OP included.
    Legendary does not mean "rare", nor does it mean "easy/hard to obtain".
    Legendary implies the item is of legend or of some renown to hold fame.
    Gorehowl is legendary, not because of the color of text associated with it or the amount of time/RNG required to get it, but because it is a weapon of fame and import, most notably wielded by Grom himself (kind of a big deal in Wow lore).

Now, that being said, Legendary, as far as the ring goes, means that you are creating the legend, empowering the item that will (story-wise) be pivotal in the downfall of the Iron Horde and such through feats both great and small. The tale of such an item that brought down the Iron Horde will be what makes it "legendary", not the fact that only 0.03% of the player base had it while it was useful.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    My guild had Illidan down before 2.4, is that where the skill lies? Because after that point it IS getting lucky with drops. I couldn't equip the glaives so I didn't care anyway, but we only saw two complete sets and soooooo many of the either the off-hand or main-hand (I don't know which now) to the point where we didn't know what to do with them. I even have one of the extra orphans in my void storage because I didn't have the heart to destroy it. That said, I remember when the first one dropped and it went to the most deserving person in the guild and everyone knew beforehand. Then he had priority to complete the set. No drama involved.

I don't really like the current setup, but I'm okay with it because it's better than not being able to use whatever the weapon legendary might be. I wish the quest items didn't drop from LFR though. If you had to actually clear normal or higher it would bring back some of the exclusivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    What I don't get is.. Why are legendaries not Mythic only? Guaranteed personal drops from Mythic bosses. That ensures they are available enough while also keeping their status of 'hard to obtain'. Like you have to kill 50-60 mythic bosses (for Foundry equivalent). And if you also manage to kill the last boss, give it another 5 or 10 ilvl upgrade.

That would leave a lot of casuals and scrubs crying, but it would SOMEWHAT restore the status.
    Yay here is the casual scrub rip post.
    Been waiting for this.
    You know this is t a true mythic raider because the could give a wet rats fart about someone else's gear.
    A true mythic raider only cares about thier own progression and at most maybe other mythic guilds progression if they have a shit at beating the other teams in finishing raids.
    The color or a pixil item doesn't matter but to wannabe's it is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    But at least with Sulfuras and Thunderfury you get an idea of their epicness because their respective bosses wield them in front of your eyes, and they have very long ass quests to provide some backstory.
    Sulfuras had no questline. You craft a hammer with blacksmithing, then cram a rare drop from Ragnaros into it to turn it into Sulfuras.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    With Thori'dal, it drops from a boss who doesn't even use it and makes no fucking sense and no quests at all to explain anything. With Val'anyr you just ... collect fragments, so epic! /s
    There is, in fact, a questline associated with Val'anyr, which you'd know if you'd bothered to do any modicum of research (though I'll agree with you about Thori'dal). Every legendary since has had a questline too, which I daresay were far more epic than the one for Thunderfury.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Sulfuras had no questline. You craft a hammer with blacksmithing, then cram a rare drop from Ragnaros into it to turn it into Sulfuras.

There is, in fact, a questline associated with Val'anyr, which you'd know if you'd bothered to do any modicum of research (though I'll agree with you about Thori'dal). Every legendary since has had a questline too, which I daresay were far more epic than the one for Thunderfury.
    To be fair to Thunderfury it was a good quest line for its time. The boss was pretty cool to summon back then. Val`anyr quest line is pretty damn cool ties in with having to defeat yogg.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    To be fair to Thunderfury it was a good quest line for its time. The boss was pretty cool to summon back then. Val`anyr quest line is pretty damn cool ties in with having to defeat yogg.
    The boss was amazing to summon. I was the third on my server to get my bindings so we brought damn near the whole community (horde and alliance) down and watched the summon. I miss those days when server community would come together and help one another. When I had to get all the acranite bars made I had a line in Org 50 players deep all lined up to xmute for me. Was awesome to be a part of.
    Signature made by Gamelol-MMO-C

10+ Year Old Account
    Also since I was just QQing about the ring above, on the topic of the shift from rare legendaries to everyone having one, I am glad of the direction they have taken with the cloak and the ring.

The old way was dumb. One person, maybe two getting a legendary in a group when it was current content was dumb. I mean we have seen the charts on raid participation... Even with LFR its like 20% overall completion rate... They don't have normal or heroic stats, but considering it drops to like sub half of 1% at mythic......

Looking back before LFR was even a thing, Firelands only had like 1.3% of all players completing normal...

I get that everyone thinks themself a special snowflake... But putting rewards that only a tiny fraction of an already ridiculously tiny fraction of the population will ever get is absurd. Especially given what others have pointed out... GM gets his, then GM's girlfriend, then her dog, then officers, then ancient veterans, etc... Its dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Yay here is the casual scrub rip post.
    Been waiting for this.
    You know this is t a true mythic raider because the could give a wet rats fart about someone else's gear.
    A true mythic raider only cares about thier own progression and at most maybe other mythic guilds progression if they have a shit at beating the other teams in finishing raids.
    The color or a pixil item doesn't matter but to wannabe's it is everything.
    Naa for years hardcore raiders whined that normal gear looked like theirs. Then when lfr came out they whined even harder that lfr gear looked like theirs and required less effort. Then they whined even harder that now they were forced to run lfr..