a different approach this time...

So i am thinking leveling my 5th alt..i am bored as hell to do the usual stuff...eg. barracks at first, then trading post or lumber mill for resources..the war mil for follower upgrades...

So this time i will go a different route.. my first medium building will be inn and will upgrade to lvl 2 as soon as possible. First 2 followers will be scavengers.

Then i ll make a mage tower(over the default barracks) and upgrade to lvl2 when get the book from talador and start generating apexis crystals through work orders!!

at level 100 i ll make a trading post as a second building to start generating some more resources but still try to figure the second large building..

I ll also make salvage yard and gem boutique since my char has jewelcrafting and jc daily is also a nice income of money..

What do you think? I am not gonna powerlevel him to 100. Once i get the book from talador for lvl2 mage tower i will slow down and take a time for lvl him.. maybe will take me a week to level him cause i will play main.

Have you taken different approaches and what?did they work or you gone back to the usual building plan?
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2015-05-05 at 08:17 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

mage tower to build apexis is definitely a good plan. barracks is practically useless while levelling, you don't get a bodyguard and you're not likely to have enough followers to need it yet. having apexis built up ready for the legendary quest is a huge help though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    mage tower to build apexis is definitely a good plan. barracks is practically useless while levelling, you don't get a bodyguard and you're not likely to have enough followers to need it yet. having apexis built up ready for the legendary quest is a huge help though
    You get sent to ashran to pick up a bodyguard at level 91. Vivianne, a mage for horde and erm, Delvin or something, a blood death knight for alliance. You get the level 2 garrison at 92/93 and can upgrade the barracks soon after (not sure of the requirement, but the book from talador quest chain at 94 should suffice). So you could get a good 5-6 levels of bodyguard aid.

You can also pick up Tormmok at level 92/93 in Gorgrond, with Leorajh not being available until about 97.

Well i only built barracks on my other toons for the +5 follower cap.. never used the bodyguard cause found leveling easy and fast (have 3 crafted epics from 91)...

and bodyguard often slow me down.. and all those missclicks when try to loot or interact with objects/npc and instead i click the bodyguard frustrates me
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

far as I remember upgrading the large buildings, like barracks, can't be done until either 98 or 100, so no bodyguard until then. I may be wrong though

far as I remember upgrading the large buildings, like barracks, can't be done until either 98 or 100, so no bodyguard until then. I may be wrong though
    I am sure that once you get the red book from Talador questline (lv 94-95) you can buy a level 2 blueprint for any large building and use it But you cannot buy more level 2 blueprints with gold at that level.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=116395/c...truction-guide

You get that for completing the Talador storyline for the assault on the ogre stronghold at level 94.

Deleted
    Is there any reason to upgrade the mage tower to 2 though? You get all the benefits from level 1 tower, the work orders for apexis crystals/instant mission completes as well as the blue 100% crit zones. Yea you get more portals but those things are useless anyway, they take you to places no one wants to go anyway and its usually easier and faster to just use a flight path.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    So i am thinking leveling my 5th alt..i am bored as hell to do the usual stuff...eg. barracks at first, then trading post or lumber mill for resources..the war mil for follower upgrades...

<snip>

What do you think? I am not gonna powerlevel him to 100. Once i get the book from talador for lvl2 mage tower i will slow down and take a time for lvl him.. maybe will take me a week to level him cause i will play main.

Have you taken different approaches and what?did they work or you gone back to the usual building plan?
    Do whatever you feel like.

As to your second question on taking different approaches in WoD. I can say I have tried, but for first alt (not gotten to other alts mainly - not even used Level 90 boost yet)

Here is what I did so far on my 1st alt:
    Leveled to 94 entirely in FFR. Next stop is Gorgrond, though I may consider opening Talador outpost first. Currently gathering gold(dust) by doing missions. The plan is to level without using dungeons and complete the quests most for the phasing, gold and additional followers. I am considering doing the chains that I did not do on the main. I replaced barracks with War Mill for item upgrades which compensates for no dungeons. there is no plan to use heirlooms. I will also try and collect all the bodyguard followers on the way. I do not know what to add for 2nd large building but its a choice between spirit lodge and barracks. Not level 100 yet, though.

This alt is also a herbalist so there is that option as well and there is also an option to do pet battles if I am in the modd or if I come accross some pets I need to collect (I got many pets past 25 thanks to menagerie on main). Pet battles is also a nifty option to level L85 toons if I want to speed up pandaria leveling as the experience gain is not too bad for that activity.

Another option for leveling - is doing event related quests - you can get some goodies on the way (like more pets and the xp is ok) but ofc that depends on whether you want to do the event quests again.