Page 1 of 3
LastLast

All Death Knight Heroic BRF, Patch 6.2 - Shipyard Costs, Blue Posts, DLC #487

Patch 2.2.1 and Crafting, Infernal Machine Farming, Seasonal Items Expiration

Deck Spotlight: Dragon Paladin, BRM Arena Tier List, Top Decks for April 2015

Rotation for May 5, 2015, Abathur Teleport Hotfix

10 Death Knight Heroic Blackrock Foundry
    Raegwyn and his Death Knight friends have managed to clear Heroic Blackrock Foundry.

Patch 6.2 - Shipyard Costs
    Since we last looked at the shipyard, some of the placeholder costs have been reduced.

Building the shipyard now costs 150 x Garrison Resources and ~150 gold, down from 5,000 x Garrison Resources. Building your first ship now costs 150 x Garrison Resources, down from 1,000. Building subsequent ships now costs 300 x Garrison Resources.

Level Name Rewards Objective
    100All Hands on Deck
    Construct a Level 1 Shipyard for your garrison.
    100All Hands on Deck
    Gather materials and construct a Level 1 Shipyard for your garrison.

Ship Equipment
    Ships have two equipment slots. The cost of eqiptment has been reduced from the 2,000 x Garrison Resources placeholder to 50 x Garrison Resources.

Level Type Name Cost
    1Consumable Bilge Pump50 × 
    1Consumable High Intensity Fog Lights50 × 
    1Consumable Trained Shark Tank50 × 
    1Consumable Ice Cutter50 × 
    1Consumable Gyroscopic Internal Stabilizer50 × 
    1Consumable Blast Furnace50 × 
    1Consumable True Iron Rudder50 × 
    1Consumable Felsmoke Launchers50 × 
    1Consumable Salty Crew50 × 
    1Consumable Unsinkable50 × 
    1Consumable Food Storage Bay50 × 
    1Consumable Automated Sky Scanner50 × 
    1Consumable Ammo Reserves50 × 
    1Consumable Sonic Amplification Field50 × 
    1Consumable Extra Quarters50 × 
    1Consumable Q-43 Noisemaker Mines50 × 
    1Consumable Wreckage Recovery Module50 × 
    1Consumable Tuskarr Fishing Net50 × 
    1Consumable Ghostly Spyglass50 × 
    1Consumable Nitro Fuel Tanks50 × 

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The State of the Game - and Ideas to Fix it
    The impending sense that the game is dying is far from new; in WotLK people cried “bring back TBC!” in Cata people cried “bring back WotLK” and so on and so forth… But as someone who has played since TBC it's fairly clear this game is not what it used to be (in good and bad ways alike). Spend five seconds on the Twitch front page and WoW is so far down I wonder how many people even play (stream) this game anymore. Many of the top WoW streamers have either started playing much less, or quit altogether. Though we should not exclusively use the opinions of top streamers as a litmus test for the game as a whole, it is important to appropriately weigh the experiences of people who have played this game at a very high level, for a very long time. We should certainly not base our personal experiences of the game on who streams or doesn’t, but my experience has been largely the same. My once extremely active friends list has dwindled down to a couple of players who are rarely even online, some only logging on to do garrison chores.

Despite these feelings, what GCDTV has been able to do has been an extremely good sign. Not only is it a venue for high level players to play and for anyone interest to watch, but it shows there is still hope for the game, and most importantly, what this community can do if a few people step up.

Quoting Babbi: I !@#$ing love this game, well at least I used to. The main question is: WHAT HAS CHANGED?

And that’s what I’d like to figure out. Inspired by numerous posts on these forums and Arenajunkies, I’d like to start an intelligent and calm discussion and try and figure out where this game has improved, where things have gone south, and what we (the community) and blizzard can hopefully do to address them. I’ve compiled praise, complaints, and suggestions from many, and though I don’t necessarily agree with all of them, I’ll include as many as I can because it is important to have a discussion on this topic. This will make observations on the game as a whole, but mostly focusing on PVP.

II. TL;DR Version:
    There have been many improvements to streamline the game as a whole, but they have come at the cost of “MMORPGness” and immersion.

PVP Problems
    Though the game is more balanced (meaning nearly every spec has a top tier comp), people seem to be having less fun.

Burst damage is too high, sustained damage is too low, and burst/sustained healing is too high in comparison.

That results in a meta that somehow both feels slow, and too fast. (Because people’s health spikes up and down significantly under CDs, yet nothing happens when CDs are down.)

Dumb/unskilled CC still exists. CC breaks should have their model changed from reactive to proactive (used before CC hits, instead of breaking it after it lands).

Too many defensive cooldowns perpetuates the current problems in the meta & encourage training targets.

Too many spells (damage and healing) that provide significant burst are instant casts.

The number of interrupts in the game requires that there are many instant casts. (Add something like an interrupt DR so the game can be shifted back to casting.)

Mana is no longer an integral part of arena, which forces dampening (bad mechanic) to end games. (Make healer mana relevant again, no longer need artificial fix.)

Pruning abilities resulted in unfun mechanics at the core of many classes. (Rather than pruning damage rotations and niche abilities, mobility, passives, defensive cooldowns and CC breaks should have been removed/merged.)

There is a difference between mechanics and tuning. Look at both and address bad mechanics as well as tuning.

There are many tools the game has to make changes for the PVP community that only affect PVP.

We as a community need to be more positive and helpful (in dealing both with ourselves and Blizzard).

(This post is much much longer, so please click through to read the entire thing)

This was a very interesting read. Thanks for taking the time to put this together, as it obviously took a lot of work. I'll try to respond to what I can.

Regarding pruning: we actually see a lot of conflicting feedback here, even in this thread. Players want their CC effects back (even niche ones like Scare Beast), but feel that the game has too much CC. Or they want burst damage toned down, but want us to give back abilities that contribute to burst (such as Colossus Smash for Fury).

For example, this thread makes the argument that, due to pruning, players don't have enough options to respond to something another player is doing, which leads to predictable gameplay. It also makes the argument that classes have too many defensive cooldowns, too much mobility, too many CC breaks, and too many interrupts. Don't those two arguments contradict each other? If not, why don't they? Honest question; if I'm just missing something here, I want to know about it.

Don't get me wrong -- we're very open to feedback about which abilities you feel shouldn't have pruned, and what you feel is missing from your class. Just be aware that if you feel like you're missing another CC or defensive ability, you're essentially asking for us to put more of those in the game.

I also think it's dangerous to make the argument that niche options add a skill element. There was an example given of a Priest using Mind Soothe to eat Spell Reflect. That's definitely a good trick that a skilled player would use, but I would stop to question what exactly it is about that trick that makes it stand out.

At least in my opinion, the difficult part in that example is recognizing that Spell Reflect is active and quickly casting something unimportant. Mind Soothe made an obvious choice, when it was available. Now that it isn't, you have to think about the potential repercussions of whatever spell you cast being reflected. Doesn't that actually add more skill to dealing with Spell Reflect? Again, honest question.

I'll also stress the importance of remembering that there are a lot of people who play this game, with a lot of different playstyles, in a lot of different communities and sub-communities. That's not just a PvE vs PvP thing -- it happens even within the PvP community. While a multi-rank 1 Gladiator might like having a few niche abilities they only use in specific circumstances, an entry-level PvP'er could be turned off by having to learn so much about other classes they've never played. A nerf to a class that's over-performing in Arenas could make them completely undesirable in RBG's. The challenge to our designers is in finding ways to accommodate all of those players as much as possible, which often means making hard decisions to make the game better for one group but potentially less enjoyable for another.

Now, having said all of that, let me try to get one final point across: we agree that PvP in WoD is not the best it could be. We think we made a lot of great changes, and we've seen a lot more people trying out PvP in this season, but there were certainly a few missteps. Perhaps more importantly, there were some very valuable lessons learned for the future.

I wouldn't expect any huge, game-redefining changes in Patch 6.2, but that doesn't mean we aren't listening and acting on your feedback, and taking it to heart as we make our plans for what comes next. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Dark Legacy Comics #487
    DLC #487 has been released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then, so it begins.
    Let the information (trickle) flow!

How does this not show that DK's are a stupidly retarded class.

dat state of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    dat state of the game
    translation: 7.0 will fix it

Quote Originally Posted by caash View Post
    Because being able to solo content as 10 DKs has always required some of the best gear and the best players. You can't just find 10 random DKs, give them voice chat and win. It's never been that simple. Current-game solo has never been that simple, for death knights or not.

Back in Wrath and Cata we had Raegwynn wiping out bosses left and right but he was a tank with Heroic gear in a decent Heroic progression guild. The entry costs are high.

This shows how stupid gear inflation and raiding is.

After pvping to get some transmog... I don't know what happened after Wrath but it is absolutely retarded what pvp has become. This comes from a bias, however, as I never really cared for pvp anyway.

Healing, especially, is outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanwryn View Post
    Because being able to solo content as 10 DKs has always required some of the best gear and the best players. You can't just find 10 random DKs, give them voice chat and win. It's never been that simple. Current-game solo has never been that simple, for death knights or not.

Back in Wrath and Cata we had Raegwynn wiping out bosses left and right but he was a tank with Heroic gear in a decent Heroic progression guild. The entry costs are high.
    It's heroic BRF not Highmaul. That this is possible is a complete joke and shows how fucked up this game is.

I would feel terrible if I was stuck on heroic BRF right now.

Deleted
    "listening and acting on your feedback, and taking it to heart as we make our plans for what comes next. "

Better 7.0 come rather quick, because at this point in 11 years, this was the game content with the least player activity thus far.

You "butchered" the gathering profs, and all we need to do is stay in garrisons to see profit.

Anyhow, looking forward to 6.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    "Immersion" I hate it when people site this as a missing feature from wow, it was never Immersive and never will be, if blizzard focused on immersion the game would be shite, if you want immersion go get some immersive mods and play skyrim, that's an immersive game, wow really really isn't.

Deleted
    All the good changes will be in next xpac i hope",but in wod the pvp is kinda bad so atm they cant do anyting about this just w8 for new xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It's heroic BRF not Highmaul. That this is possible is a complete joke and shows how fucked up this game is.

I would feel terrible if I was stuck on heroic BRF right now.
    well, we're stuck on HC Blackhand, so I feel terrible .. oh wait, I'm DK tank, I feel supreme now, ALL KNEEL BEFORE MEEE !!! hehe
    Last edited by Vassago; 2015-05-05 at 09:58 AM.

So the Blue response to the PvP post was, quite literally, the same old same old:

"We appreciate your feedback. In regards to the points you made: People play the game differently. Thankyou for your feedback, and we hope you enjoy playing exploring the savage world of Draenor!"

because other classes have done it aswell...

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed reading through the State of the Game.
    Very well written with some good point, but does does seem to center towards one side of the coin, which seems to be the Want the Complexity vs Want the Simplicity, where Blizzard is currently heading toward the other side due to the increasing amount of casual players (not a complaint)

what a retard post, a blue have attention to

Too many defensive cooldowns perpetuates the current problems in the meta & encourage training targets.

Too many spells (damage and healing) that provide significant burst are instant casts.
    and then
    Pruning abilities resulted in unfun mechanics at the core of many classes. (Rather than pruning damage rotations and niche abilities, mobility, passives, defensive cooldowns and CC breaks should have been removed/merged.)
    2 conflicted state, and well others few wrong statements that are not really true

another fucking pvp scrub just crying out, yet have no real feeling of a game

Deleted
    "While a multi-rank 1 Gladiator might like having a few niche abilities they only use in specific circumstances, an entry-level PvP'er could be turned off by having to learn so much about other classes they've never played."

That made zero sense, it should be the opposite otherwise you playing the game for wrong reasons. Its like saying that i dont enjoy playing soccer because i get turned off by how good a professional soccer player is. Its the opposite, when i see a cool move and want to learn it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Someone really needs to make a similar State of the Game thread regarding PvE, about streamlining, leveling being so easy that you feel completely uninvested in your character, talents every 15 levels quickly making you feel like everything is spoonfed to you, Garrison being way too self-sufficient, removal of attunements/faction rewards/necessary world mats for professions/hidden rewards all stomp out all world activity because you can achieve pretty much the same standing still browsing lists of pugs/LFD/LFR.

WoW suffers tremendously from this paradox of removal of dull elements (attuning, unlocking difficulties, faction farms for worthwhile items, keys, certain gear thresholds) making people bored, because many player-friendly changes over the years, cutting down on things you "don't want to do" makes you not appreciate what you achieve. Do you think you can only feel satisfied hitting max level once or twice before it's just nostalgia? Leveling has reduced a ton of clutter, made it more fair, giving classes all the tools they need early, side-effects of overhauls has left almost everything in the world complete pushovers. There were times when you actually had to THINK for a moment to avoid getting overrun and killed. You learned from mistakes, you actively engaged to conquer obstacles. Now you run from mob to mob, one-shotting, able to remove your healthbar because it's irrelevant, and this makes you frustrated whenever you're not progressing as fast as you can, because all challenge is effectively removed. Which also makes other players obstacles and not potential aid/friends because you sure don't need to party up and have an incentive to chat and help each other.

But the discussion is completely neutered because people just think "oh it was never hard just time consuming". You're wrong, but you refuse to see why. And that's understandable. It's a shit ton of factors together that has created this situation.

We don't ever want to feel left out when we happened to play a class that wasn't needed in a particular setting, so we got the Bring Player Not The Class treatment, that has sadly reduced everyone to tank/healer/dps... and in a wider sense that is a good thing, that we no longer think that X boss MUST be tanked by a paladin, or you NEED atleast 3 druids on Y fight to combat constant raid damage... but it takes away flavor.

And the Garrison... Blizzards complete paradigm shifts incarnate. Truly the Garrison and Draenor world content is the epitome of "choice" that the players "craved" in MoP. Where we felt "forced" to do "mandatory" tasks in order to catch up. So that's gone. Pretty much nothing in Draenor is enticing once you've passed 630. We didn't want to have raid level items "gated" behind factions, so we lost that carrot-on-stick to care about factions. Hell I don't even know where half the quartermasters are. I have no reason to care.

I do blame this paradox, this constant urge for Blizzard to "improve" our experience, but together takes away something you cannot put in words. Players just do not care anymore, because effort is no longer rewarded outside of top-level arena or raids.

Success is guaranteed until you hit normal raids.

You think that makes the game engaging?
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2015-05-05 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Someone really needs to make a similar State of the Game thread regarding PvE

Success is guaranteed until you hit normal raids.

You think that makes the game engaging?
    Well, you do it then. Or are you a poor EU-Pleb like me who isn't allowed to post in the official US-forums?

Your second statement merely shows how little Blizzard cares about everything that is not raiding. They dumped the difficulty so that EVERYONE can do it w/o much hassle and called it a day.