Deleted

Holy Paladin - Gold CM - BiS Gear?

Hello guys I was wondering if there's any website or forum which has a list of BiS gear for holy paladins in challenge modes.

Help would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Just go full crit/mastery. You won't need much spirit as you can drink so often. For trinkets go for the ones with Int. Candle should be really good

Deleted
    There was a small discussion in another thread (MMO: /threads/1677442-Holy-paladin-CM-(challenge-mode)-gold-videos-or-tips). But as far as stats go I went crit/haste (dem deeps) and as I mentioned in the other thread, either you choose to go with spirit trinkets and swim in mana or go throughput and spend more time drinking (I ended up going with Candle and DMF). Other than that, pop wings and sacs early and often, and find out what you can BoP off!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's completely personal preference and depends on play style. As previously said mana wont be an issue as you can drink between almost every pull, and with the exception of one or two bosses out of the 8 dungeons, none of them are of long enough duration for you to go OOM. I completed them using the Draenic Alch trinket (620 with Mastery) and Ironspike Chew Toy. As for gear, generally went with a full crit set, trying to maximize the mastery on those pieces, as that can help smooth out the massive tank damage from some of the trash pulls.

Play around with your spec to your personal preference. The one thing I noticed doing these compared to MoP is that minor tweaks on glyphs/talents can be quite beneficial for different dungeons. Maybe this is just me overthinking things, but getting golds in this requires a fair amount of planning ahead, and generally a rhythm you can only get after a few pulls through the dungeon. We definitely are not resto druid, so don't expect to float through 8/8, but it can be done without losing too much sleep. I personally used EF, Holy Prism, and two beacons if their was a melee in the group. Changed my glyphs to Flash of Light, and Protector of the innocent, as I found it basically gave me a smaller beacon on myself. The FoL glyph can be helpful for when your tank is just getting beat on an you need the quick heals repeatedly. Like I said before mana isn't an issue, so spamming FoL with HS for some pulls may be needed.

I'm not saying that I'm a CM expert by any means, just giving you a general idea of what worked to get me 8/8, so take it with a grain of salt. If you have any questions relating to what I said ask away, I'll do my best to elaborate.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cktor/advanced

My Armory if you wanted to take a look at the talents etc.

Basically just any combination of gear that gives you either Crit/Haste or Crit/Mastery for your armor. I personally prefer Crit/Haste for CM's for a couple reasons. 1) At lower gear levels you benefit from haste more than mastery to begin with, and 2) It's a huge benefit to have your healer in CM runs be able to dps when possible, which holy paladins are the best at by far (outside of druids in HotW) and haste benefits your dps potential while mastery does not. Your job as a healer in a CM isn't just to heal, it's utility, and dps is a fantastic utility. Mastery is great but by no means necessary to keep a tank alive, gear for haste.

For accessories you'll want to try to get Crit/Spirit on everything. Trinkets you'll for sure want 1 int caster trinket (Oregorger's trinket works well, also the Blackhand Micro-Crucible trinket is worth noting because it has 232 int while scaled down to 630 ilvl which is absolutely ridiculous), your second trinket can be more flexible. In my opinion for most CM's in a decent group you should be able to get away with double caster trinkets, but if mana is a problem between drinks or during bosses then use either the Candle or a Winged Hourglass/Ironspike Chew Toy.

For talents it's a little different than normal. You'll want Eternal Flame generally, Blinding Light instead of Fist of Justice for most of the dungeons since it's an AoE interrupt for big packs, Clemency, Sanctified Wrath, Holy Prism, and Saved by the Light. Do NOT use double beacon, it's almost completely wasted. Even if you do have a melee in the group as stated above, Saved by the Light will save you way more than Double Beacon ever will. It's basically a cheat death on a 1min cooldown for BOTH you AND the tank. It's one of the best talents for any healer in the game for challenge modes, make use of it and abuse it.

Glyphs can be pretty standard. Merciful Wrath is mandatory for CM's, Hand of Sacrifice is also mandatory, your 3rd you can flexible like always although Protector of the Innocent is always a good filler glyph. Flash of Light can be okay because in general you will cast FoL way more than HL in CM's, but keep in mind that EF ticks eat the buff, so it's almost always wasted.

Also a tip, don't be afraid to throw out dps as a healer, almost every boss of every CM's you should be able to dps ~30% of the time or more. For a lot of the bosses I even use Avenging Wrath to do dps instead of heal (especially if its a bloodlust boss), play it by ear. Also prepot int pots as much as you can, also helps with dps.
    You'll also find yourself timing your Hand of Sac's. Try not to use them randomly, I found that I had it down to a science on what pack and when to use them, and then played it by ear on bosses. Again, if you have a sac up during a boss, its usually a good time to throw out some DPS while Sac is up. And if you have Saved by the Light you know you have the safety net to dps a little bit longer if you want to just force the 30% shield to proc and then top back off.
    Last edited by Nawtqq; 2015-05-07 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    I did CM Gold with Haste/Mastery.
    Worked very well.

Haste for more DPS
    Mastery to get a higher absorb shield and a "higher" average heal.
    So i can DPS more at Boss cuz i dont have to heal that often then

Deleted
    Thanks for the suggestion guys! Appreciate it a lot I will consider each reply and try to work on with that not that I will be playing Holy Paladin in CM's constantly, however to achieve my gold CM's I'd like to roll in with full BiS gear to perform the best and go through it with ease.

Cheers!