Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm a massive loner. I'm a 23 year old introvert, awkward socially, got only a few friends, fewer I regularly chat with or see, and in my spare time I just sit by my computer, play games, make Let's Plays, all to escape reality and/or give myself the illusion that I'm talking to other people or I'm part of something more grand than real life.

Really not healthy for me either, hoping to work on that eventually... :S
    Last edited by Wishblade; 2015-05-05 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    It's not "twister", it's "hobo"!
    It's actually drifter.

Deleted
    I have no clue if I am a loner. I can manage either way, sometimes I like being alone and sometimes I don't. People do find it wierd that I can go to the movies alone for example, but that is more me really wanting to see a movie and less me enjoying being alone. I have 1 good friend and a few other friend, but I only really hang out with that one friend. But that might be because we al have busy lives and my schedule tends to match up with that one dude.
    I used to consider myself a loner when I was fresh out of highschool but that was related to my social anxiety, but that changed drastically when I moved out on my own; an adapt or die type of situation. I think the only social department I am lacking at is the relationship part. I feel very uncomfortable opening myself emotionaly to people, so it is hard to connect with girls (and people in general for that matter) on an emotional level.

I might as well be. Nobody would consider me socially awkward, unless quiet in general bothers them, and I do have a few good friends. But I rarely hang out with them, am heavily introverted, make no effort to meet dating prospects, and spend the vast majority of my time by myself. Imagining a grander life than my real one, as someone else accurately put it.

33 and everyone I know has done something with their life of become a dopefiend.

No wife, girlfriend, kids, beasts or friends and no leads

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    20, never really had any friends. Dont drink, dont go out, lots of mental problems and stuff. Mostly with my family and pets and on the computer. I want a social life though but I dont see that happening, I have absolutely no idea how to make friends.

I am 30 and used to be really introverted till a few months ago. Now I am not as introverted, but I have only 1 friend I talk to and rarely see in person. The other 'friends' I have contact me maybe once a year if that. Do I like being alone? Not at all. I hate being single, but when you're broke with no friends and 12 years older then all the other students in your classes you don't meet very many people. Yes I'm in college right now hence my last statement.

Often I think about joining a church or something to meet a girlfriend since I have no interest in a bar fly. But churches and I have a weird relationship. So who knows. I am hoping to 'turn it around' on the friend/relationship front soon as being alone is shitty.

Yep. Can relate with a lot of what is being said here. 36 years of age with no SO, no friends and very little contact with my family. I was together with a girl for around 10 years (pretty much my entire early adulthood) and after that ended I've been more or less completely alone. Must be around 5-6 years now. I have work colleagues, but all of them have their own lives with wives/girlfriends and children etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess.

I have friends, but they now live 10 hours away. And even when we lived in the same city, I would sometimes just wander off on my own to recharge my batteries.

Too much social tires me to no end.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    33 and everyone I know has done something with their life of become a dopefiend.

No wife, girlfriend, kids, beasts or friends and no leads
    Disregard females, acquire currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They say men stop making friends in their mid twenties or so after that they depend on the women in their lives for social acquaintances and friends.
    I agree with that. As a 31 year old male, I can say I don't really have anyone I would consider a friend at this point and am finding it very hard to make social friendships. Deciding against having kids basically alienated all my friends I did have in my 20's that went on to have families, leaving me the odd one out and those friendships basically died.

I have some online friends I play with, but I know they will never turn in to real life friendships, mostly due to the extreme distance issue. My work is the only social interaction I get now, and frankly it leaves me wanting more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 1 good friend irl who I've known since childhood, and then a few people I usually hang out with when with him. This happens once per month or so. Most of the time I have zero regrets and love just being at my PC all the time, but every now and then it gets lonely. I tend to get worn out really fast when I hang out with people :/ So I guess yeah, I'm a loner.
    Last edited by BHD; 2015-05-05 at 09:47 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    no but i cant get any friends

im the most socially awkward person in my school i guess

I consider myself introverted. As in, I don't like being around people. I'm more comfortable being alone. Yet, in spite of this, I'm married, i have two kids, and I have a large group of friends (mostly because of my wife and children). I'm 39 years old. This above all, I noticed my family (oh, especially my children) have taught me a lot about patience. So I no longer become antsy when around people for extended period of time.

There are times, tho, when my wife takes the kids to go out and do errands, leaving me home alone. I savor those moments, because it enables me to play video games to my heart's content without interruption.

Don't get me wrong, I treasure my family above video games, but it's nice to have those "me" moments.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Often I think about joining a church or something to meet a girlfriend since I have no interest in a bar fly. But churches and I have a weird relationship. So who knows. I am hoping to 'turn it around' on the friend/relationship front soon as being alone is shitty.
    Iono, if you're currently not going to a church, wouldn't this instantly be something that divides you two?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I like my alone time, but I also enjoy the company of my family. I don't really have many friends, but that's because I choose not to associate with Military wives.
    Why not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I like my alone time, but I also enjoy the company of my family. I don't really have many friends, but that's because I choose not to associate with Military wives.
    military wives can be super bitchy, but they can also be the best of friends.

Yes. It was a concious decision though. I got to a point where I realised I actually was hating and dreading having to go out every weekend so I slowly and systematically started distancing myself from the people who still wanted to do that. I replaced them with people who like staying at home as much as me - plenty of people to talk / play with and still got a group of people who I can call on if I wanna go to the movies or something.

I'd still say I'm friendly enough and I get on well with other people at say work and such. We are all 'friends' and have a good laugh they just know I'm going to say no when they ask me to the bar now.

27y Male.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    20, never really had any friends. Dont drink, dont go out, lots of mental problems and stuff. Mostly with my family and pets and on the computer. I want a social life though but I dont see that happening, I have absolutely no idea how to make friends.
    +1 Corgi friend.

There!

You just made one

i just have my family and a friend that i talk to regularly on icq or whatsapp, but he lives like 10hours away with the train so ive never met him in rl after knowing him for 10 years now.
    i get in "contact" with strangers at work, but i try not to get too fruendly with them and i mostly decline all invitations to go drinking and stuff. i have nothing to talk about anyways and i would just be a seatwarmer :>

i am a 30yr old male

my general outlook on life is that im just waiting for the end and i hope its sooner than later :>
    i cant be bothered with suicide because my family is kinda important to me and i dont want to be "that guy" :B
    i often think that maybe having/finding a girlfriend could give my life some kind of purpose but i also dont want to bother random girls.
    i also dont have any social contact with women in my work/privat life where i could get to know them casually, so the only way is really to just go and talk to a stranger... never gonna do that though because of reasons..
    also my parents and some work friends keep telling me that im a "good guy" and that i would easily find a girlfriend if i just tried, but i dont believe them a word. one guy is even regularly offering me hookups with women that he knows, but that seems too fishy for me to even take it serious :>
    Last edited by Ghul; 2015-05-05 at 10:17 PM.