Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 25 years old with around 10 close friends. We all moved from the country to Copenhagen the same summer, 4 years ago.
    Maybe that's why we're all still close. We all have 1 day every month, where we all get together and do something. Well now it's more often, since we all sit together and watch Game of Thrones on mondays. Otherwise I see a few of them 2-4 times a month.
    I dont feel like partying as much as I used to, so when they wanna hit a club, I stay home 50% of the time.

Dating-wise it's also fine. I dont know what happened, but when I turned 25 last year; picking up girls got so much easier. The bad part about that is, I'm becomming more and more picky. I used to have the "yes" hat on all the time, now I'dd rather go home and eat pizza for the most part.

So no, I dont feel lonely.
    I like juice

Yes. Most of my social interactions are on the way to/back home from work. Some outside, but not much. I used to have a really good social life, lots of pals, always out, but I developed bad mental health problems, which caused me to lose those and now I am mostly better, I still haven't got them back, don't know if I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh...I'm 37 and married and a complete loner now days...but not by choice...and honestly it is a shitty and depressing way to live my life.

I moved from a city in California where most people stuck around (or came back to) and as a result I had at least few dozen neighbors I've known since I was a little kid but I was always meeting new people as well. Six months ago I moved to Colorado so my wife could make a big step up on the corporate ladder. Consistently some of the shittiest human beings I have ever encountered and I've spent months at at time in plenty of other states for work related stuff so that is really saying something.

I hardly ever see my wife any more so I'm basically a single parent raising two kids. That only compounds the issue of making friends since most people don't want to waste their free time with someone that has two little kids whining and crying at them all the time.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2015-05-06 at 06:56 PM.

Yep. 33 years old and every friend I've had either moved away for a job or changed to the point of incompatibility. I've always been more content by myself, though and at this point in my life I couldn't care any less about knowing anyone. At all. I've never had more than 2-3 friends at a time throughout my entire life and the only time I ever feel lonely is when I'm around other people I don't relate to.

"My books are my friends.....and the shadows.....and the wind......"

-W.H. Pugmire

I tend to be rather reserved in person and keep my thoughts to myself unless prompted to share.

This tendency towards introversion does not, however, prevent me from acquiring friends as most of my long-time friends are annoyingly extroverted and make it their mission to get me out of the house and doing things with them. I meet a lot of people via my friend's friends and have no trouble making these new acquaintances into new friends.

I am told I can be quite charismatic when I finally decide to say something that is not a mere monosyllabic response to an inquiry.

As the old saying goes, 'still waters run deep'; being an introvert does not mean you can't make friends, you need only the right venue and audience to wow folks with the profound thoughts of one who is always introspecting and whom reserves protracted speech for when it is necessary or productive.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2015-05-06 at 06:32 PM.
    ~RAWR!

10+ Year Old Account
    30 years old and pretty much a loner now days. Most of the very close real life friends I made in school and university have emigrated to Australia or Britain. I have lost touch with the rest of them since I started working and I really don't have any motivation to make contact again. Spending my Saturdays drinking and watching football just doesn't have any real appeal anymore. I prefer spending my spare time sleeping or playing wow.

Deleted
    I do a fairly good impersonation of a popular guy with a large circle of friends. A lot of the time though I prefer my own company and that of my SO.

I'm OK once I'm out but I have to really force myself to go out. I think society pushes people too hard to socialize. My friendship circle is composed of good people and they have made my life a lot better-but don't let any one tell you should go out for the sake of it. Do what you want with your life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

In the end, it's about taking chances. You won't kick the chair leg and trip yourself. You won't spit food out into their face when you try to speak. You won't bump into them, spilling their drink. And if you do any of those things, laugh it off, play it up. Cuz the worst part of it has already past.
    Done all those things and it never made any difference because the girl wanted to sleep with me anyway.

Stop worrying and do it.

Not really and I don't like to be alone for too long of a time. I do like some alone time here and there though.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like people. I've got plenty of friends but I get drained trying to keep up with them all.

Most of them live back where I went to school. So I only get to see them on weekends since I've moved back home for work/more school eventually.

I do my own thing and try to bring people with me if not then i'll just do it alone. I donno if I fit into either intro or extro categories tbh
    Last edited by dixincide; 2015-05-06 at 07:02 PM.

Most of my friends have moved out of the area where I'm going to school, and most of my friends from school are graduating this year. I'll be a senior next year and then will finish my master's in another year so I'm stuck here for two more years. I guess I miss having close friends but being 30+ and going to school with mostly 18-22 year olds, I find that I don't have a whole lot in common with them so I don't form more than superficial friendships with both of my classmates. I get by though, I just use my time productively in school to better myself when I get out.

I'll worry about friends then. =)

I'm 27 (28 in 3 weeks). I am a big time loner. I have a good core group of friends, who live about 2 hours away, and another set of friends who live about 45 minutes away.

I tried the dating scene when I first moved here and found some cool people, but no one I could remotely attach to. I spend most of my free time, playing video games (during the week). I haven't made a single "friend" here outside of work, and really can care less.
    I think I've come to terms that although I am a cool person, and decently attractive, who I am and what I enjoy isn't very appealing to the vast majority of people

I'm 32. I have terrible anxiety problems around people.
    I have tons and tons of online friends, but maybe only a handful of people I see on a somewhat regular basis (once every month or two) I get lonely from time to time but every time I go out I end up not liking it and go back to hiding for a few months.
    I've always been happier when I'm alone.

I have gone through phases of being a loner and being more social in my life. I am married and my wife is my best friend, so I'm never really alone for long periods of time. We game together and share an online circle of friends. When we were in our 20's, we went out with friends all the time and had pretty full social lives. At the moment, I don't have many friends that I hang out with regularly because I moved a couple to a different state a couple of years ago and haven't found it easy to make friends in a new place as a 30 something year old. Most of my friends are scattered around the country and I see them each every few months. WoW has been really integral to me preserving friendships after moving. Most of my buddies play wow with me.
    The Sons of Turalyon - Wyrmrest Accord www.thesons.us

I talk to a handful of associates online and maintain two friendships in person but only correlate with one such friend on a regular basis. Friendships can be quite draining on me as I enjoy my alone time, but talking on Skype with some online buddies or going out for nighttime walks with the one friend is fine. I just couldn't fathom trying to keep up with more than that.