Struggling to find the right class for me

Hello! I've been playing this game for well over 7 years, and recently I've been experiencing a ridiculous amount of indecision in finding the right class for me. Hopefully, I can describe some things about me and my personality and gameplay preferences and your collective knowledge can help me find some identity in a class.

I'll split this into 3 things: classes I've tried (and what I enjoyed about them), some self-defined personality traits, and some elements of gameplay I enjoy.

Since my raiding career has started, I've mained a couple classes. I started with a Resto druid in 3.2, where I really enjoyed the druid's ability to heal on the move. Starting in Cata, I led a team of my friends into normal 10mans as a Resto shaman. The uniqueness of the shaman felt nice, where it was a combo of HoT and casted heals. After my friends and I fell out, I played a rogue for 4.2-5.0, and I really found a lot of fun and felt a sense of identity playing a single-role class. I could enjoy PvE and some PvP without feeling too diverse. After a brief haitus from WoW, I came back and rolled (ba-dum-tss) with a monk. I leveled as Mistweaving/WW, but at 90, I quikcly got into brewmaster. I really enjoyed the unpopular-ness to the Brewmaster, and their unique playstyle with micromanagement. I've played some alts, such as a Prot warrior, Enhance Shaman, and Feral/Guardian druid. I enjoy elements of all of these, with mostly the aspect of having some defensive bruiser-esque abilities used by a melee fighter.

Personality-wise, I find myself to often as somewhat anti-social, quite dull outlook on the world. I can be really grumpy, but deep down I see myself as the silent guardian. I feel inclined to make sacrifices for others, and I would rather I struggle with something than a friend of mine. This is what pushed me towards tanking. I also have many traits of a strong leader, and I felt tanking was the easiest role to lead people with. While I may not be especially skilled at any given talent, my ability to communicate and assess situations and quickly make decisions made tanking a natural place for me.

Some last few things I've noticed: I'm not a fan of ranged combat (kiting doesn't appeal to me), and healing isn't my favorite thing to do (but I'm not completely against it). I really find enjoyment in a classes' uniqueness, the uncommon, not-so-popular, anti-flavor of the month aspect of a class. I would like to reunite some members of my old team and raid again in the near future. I like to be very self-sufficient, and have the ability to do things on my own is also pretty appealing. I like to have one character and play that one almost exclusively (not a huge fan of alts).

I'm not really sure what other information to add, I don't want this post to seem way too TL;DR. If you would like any more information, please, ask questions! I appreciate your responses in advance; your advice will help me keep interest in this game I've known for so long!

It's a video game. Put a little more thought into life instead of what virtual set of pixels you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    It's a video game. Put a little more thought into life instead of what virtual set of pixels you want to play.
    It's really funny you say that. Maybe it's time to start taking your own advise?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...me-More-Casual
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow threads like this here. We can't choose your class for you. You're welcome to view our class forums to figure out what class you'd prefer to pay.