Poll: (Read op) Would wow win your sub?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah WoWpedia was little outdated when I looked. There's actually 4 dungeons for leveling.

And you act like challenge modes and pet battles totally makes this MMO worth wild. You also seemed to ignore the leveling point and the price tag. How is it worth that amount? And what other features? You said "Everything else is identical.", which means no other features than what's already in it.
    As I said in the op, Features would be around still. Content that could not be in draenor, such as northrend, would not.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The game has tons of content for new players. If we all started playing today, we would at least try everything once. And there is a lot to try, see what you would like, perhaps you would find completely different areas of the game interest you.

Alas, for an experienced gamer (experienced with WoW at least), WoW doesn't offer much. It's the simple case of been there, done that.

For example, if I was a new player, then all of the 1-60 questing zones would seem really awesome to me with all the lore and such, I would def take my time there. But at this point, I feel like I would have to force myself into doing it, because I've already seen bits or most of the zones and the quest would give me no in-game reward.

i would, simply because i enjoy the game and i much prefer a sub based game to a f2p cash shop model.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    As I said in the op, Features would be around still. Content that could not be in draenor, such as northrend, would not.
    Yeah you're completely ignoring what I'm saying. 0/10
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Impossible to say for sure.
    My opinion is that if WoW was launched today, it would see moderate success similar to other triple A MMORPGs that have launched recently. Blizzard's name would help propel it forward, but it would not be as successful as it has been. It's a solid title, but doesn't really offer anything more then what most MMOs do, neither in terms of quantity nor quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is more or less free to play now... if you can find 20k gold a month. Which isn't very hard.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A WoW without Wrath would be terrible.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Draenor itself is an absurdly small slice of content for a title game, so the answer is no.

Having said that, subs aren't a turn off for me at all. I actually prefer it in MMO's for a variety of reasons, except when there's a cash shop associated with it.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2015-05-06 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    since there is a difference between an expansion and a brand new game this is not really a fair comparison tbh.

An expansion is usually smaller since it takes FAR less time to make, and usually adds on top of something already established.

If we turn it around and said if wow vanilla came out now as it was back then no i would not buy it.

And if you really want to compare an expansion to a full blown game that properly took 4-5 years to make. then you need to take the expansion of every other mmo out there and then say the same thing.

Would I play it if it was only 10 levels and wod, maybe, wod has a nice storyline, good raids fun stuff to do while online.

But this is not how the real world works, and if you believe a full blown game release compares to a expansion pack then you are delusional.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    In recent years, many new mmo's have come out and tried to make it big. Most of them came out with a subscription based method to play, and soon ended up going free to play. Now, I am curious to get some responses on this. Here is the scenario

Say WoW came out today. WoD was its launch content and not an expansion. All the features of the game would be there, other than any dungeons, raids, reputations, continents ect that belong exclusively to the older expansions. Things like pet battles and challenge modes would be around since they work in draenor perfectly.

Given that, would WoW have enough behind it to win people over to get them to sub, or would it fail the same as many other mmo's to maintain a sub based play.

I ask this just to see if WoW could handle it, or if at this point it remains a sub based game because of the time investment people have on it now.
    No. I don't play Pay 2 Win games, as a general rule.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

No, i probably wouldnt only bc i was a late comer to WoW from the land of EQ.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering that even with all my years invested with my characters in WoW that I'm not subbed currently, I don't see how I can spend money to get in now with no history to entice me.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    If we turn it around and said if wow vanilla came out now as it was back then no i would not buy it.
    I probably would buy vanilla if it came out now, not because of omgz rose tinted glasses, but because I always liked the warcraft universe and would be excited to play an mmo set there.

Also I agree that OP is very poorly worded and laid out, and that OP himself obviously cbf fleshing out his own idea and instead prefers to go "*shrug* its just a hypothetical" when he gets called on it.

What would Wow be going up against? Wow has more going for it than just the content. It has 10 years of relationships and an existing culture and community to drive it.

Other MMO's are not really competing in terms of game quality and content as much as they are competing against an established community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    I think it's absurd that a game so outdated and stale as WoW still asks for monthly money at all.
    Because its still one of the best with a massive amount of content and it straight up feels good?
    I tried probably about 20different mmo's and none simply feels as nice as wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They make billions doing it and are still able to double dip and have a shop that out sales most other games too. Why in the world would Blizzard stop taking all this money people are just throwing at them?
    they might care a bit about quality of the game

10+ Year Old Account
    No definitely not, at least for me.

One of my favorite things to do in MMOs is go back and solo older/lower level content. And WoW has an absurd amount of old things to do and a copious amount of achievements for all of it.

Its why I fell out of games like SWTOR, ESO, and GW2. In SWTOR a lot of the lower level content is impossible to solo because there are mechanics that physically require four people (activating four objects at once, for example). And GW2 scales all the content to your level so none of it could be solo'd. And ESO was good at launch, but a few months in they went the way of GW2 and made all the content scale to your level and that was on top of all the content that was like SWTOR and physically required live bodies there to do something.

If WoW was new and the only content was what is in this expansion, I would probably not even try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    they might care a bit about quality of the game
    Which has jack shit to do with them charging a sub fee right now. If people think the game is bad now it would only be worse with a huge revenue cut.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Sure I'd pay, I don't really care for many other game genres as it is.