Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzard has been fucking lazy as shit this entire expansion. More pigs and wolves just show how fucking lazy they really are and how little they seem to even care about this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Garrisons have been a gold sink, most of every vendor item is. I don't know what they were smoking, but I don't want it.
    I'm pretty sure you're smoking something if you think Garrisons are anything other than a license to print money.

Funny thing is that these wont count to the content meter. If they had cost valor instead, that would be content we could grind, or at least something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    They want more money so they put extreem gold rewards in so ppl keep buying tokens.

I would not be surprised if they will put 1.000.000 gold mount in at some point.
    Only to notice 2 months later that it is 1 gold above the cap, yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    100k is nothing, rofl. You can make 40k every 2 weeks with 2-3 characters that have a few TH followers. Literally money printed from clicking on a table and clicking send mission.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Looking at the PTR they just added some hefty ammounts of gold to certain mounts I personally hope are just place holders. The Inernal Direwolf which costs 150.000 apexis now costs 100.000 gold atop of that.
    Sounds like a placeholer as you can only have 60k apix afaik?

What do you guys think about this?
    WoW needs gold sinks now that gold is so laughably inflated and easy to get. I've got literally nothing to do with all mine except give it away, buy BMAH mythics for alts, or add another decade to my subscription with tokens.

Not that I would spend that on a dumb green wolf anyway. I wouldn't throw it away on something that's not badass looking. And nothing in WoW has looked badass since Wrath.

Wrath set the bar with undead dragons. If Bliz wants to sell me a mount for gold, it better be an undead dragon... that's on fire. Or no sale.

Pro tip for Bliz: No one wants another cat, bird, horse, or wolf. Come up with something awesome and original or don't bother spending resources on reskins.
    ~RAWR!

10+ Year Old Account
    You know Blizzard has used reskinned mounts the entirety of WoW, right? Don't pretend this is some new "problem."

I find the people who complain about "reskins" usually 1) don't even know what "reskin" means and 2) have no sense of the exact number of reskins and remodels Blizzard has used in the past.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You know Blizzard has used reskinned mounts the entirety of WoW, right? Don't pretend this is some new "problem."

I find the people who complain about "reskins" usually 1) don't even know what "reskin" means and 2) have no sense of the exact number of reskins and remodels Blizzard has used in the past.
    Because that totally makes it okay right?

Deleted
    Actually these in most cases aren't even "reskins", they're slightly color altered versions of the same mount. Galakras is technically just another proto drake reskin but at least they invested some effort into making it look unique and nice. These mounts, not so much. And for "gold sink" they should look the part also. The Yak did and it only costed around 104k~.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Because that totally makes it okay right?
    Why doesn't it?

Don't claim some precedent that doesn't exist.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget the gold (kinda), 150k apexis is ridiculous. That's, what, 3 months of the daily? More? I mean, not a ton else to spend it on...but that's pretty high. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You mean "gold source" right?
    My Garrisons are throwing so much gold at me that I have to duck and cover when sending my SLAVES on missions. :>
    This. Simply logging in and doing my garrison alone nets well over 10k a week. Doing nothing else. That doesn't include the 4k a week I get from mythic Missions coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually these in most cases aren't even "reskins", they're slightly color altered versions of the same mount. Galakras is technically just another proto drake reskin but at least they invested some effort into making it look unique and nice. These mounts, not so much. And for "gold sink" they should look the part also. The Yak did and it only costed around 104k~.
    Aaaaaand wrong.

Recolor = reskin. A color change on a model is a reskin. Why? Because you're taking the skin (the 2D painting that wraps around a 3D model) and changing it. The Swift Razzashi raptor and Armored Razzashi raptor are "reskins" of one another. The base 3D model they share is identical.

Anything with a new plate of armor or spike or horn is a remodel. Galakras is not the same model as a proto drake. Why? Because proto drakes don't have armor on them. Galakras does. Therefore, he is a new model. (He also has a new skin as well.)

And, addressing another thing people often get wrong, anyone with two brain cells to rub together would also make the logical conclusion that the sky screamers and dread ravens are not "reskins" of the Proto Drake, because they have completely different models.

Also, the Expedition Yak looks garish and awkward. I'm a mount collector, and I can afford it, but I've never bought it. My Tundra mammoth is much cooler and offers the exact same utility.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2015-05-07 at 03:12 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    This. Simply logging in and doing my garrison alone nets well over 10k a week. Doing nothing else. That doesn't include the 4k a week I get from mythic Missions coming back.
    How? The highest gold fron a mission i saw is 200g and i barely get any gold missions
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    LOL no it isn't
    Garrisons are gold factories.
    This. If you're garrison isn't pumping gold you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    How? The highest gold fron a mission i saw is 200g and i barely get any gold missions
    Treasure Hunters
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are gold-sink mounts, they have been there since, well, forever. In Vanilla, epic mounts costed 1k, which, at the time, was a large amount for the vast majority of your players (There were no dailies back in the day, so the only way to acquire gold was from vendoring drops, and the currency looted from mobs. Sure, there was the AH, but gold doesn't magically appear). In BC, flying mounts were also 1k each for just the 60% flight speed one if I recall correctly (Although BC added dailies which caused the amount of gold amognst the general populace to gradually rise ever since). WotLK, Chopper and Mammoth. Cata, Sandstone Drake. MoP had a huge number of gold sinks - The primary ones were the Expedition Yaks, the rockets (I still am missing the gnomish one, need to fix that) and the JC panthers, with some minor ones being the water strider and the scorpion).

In WoD, we have had the chopper, and a 50k costing mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Looking at the PTR they just added some hefty ammounts of gold to certain mounts I personally hope are just place holders. The Inernal Direwolf which costs 150.000 apexis now costs 100.000 gold atop of that. While the Witherhide Cliffstomper, the very same mount skin you get everywhere else in Draenor already costs 20k, 20k for someone slightly adjusting the color code on a mount.

To be honest this is kinda of disappointing, not only are those mounts just slightly changes to already in game existing mounts they throw at us all over the place shortly after the introduction of the token (yes call it tinfoil) they seem to have ramped up the prices for them quite a bit. (The faction mounts cost 5k gold + 5k apexis, the new mounts cost twice or four times as much while being the same ones again.)

What do you guys think about this?
    what i think is simple:

recolor a mount is cheap for blizz. no time or money investment.
    to sell that crap ingame for 100.000 k gold is good for the wow token market (5$ for blizz yeah).
    activi$$ion bli$$greed.
    thats all what i think.

and no, wether i believe in conspiracy theories, nor i am a nerd. i am just realistic. its not that complex to see what happens in blizz town these days. sad to see what blizzard (north / vivendi) become. there was a time they really want to make great games in the first place, and make (as any company) maximize their profit in the second place. this times are over. and i think thats much of the reason why many ppl are upset these days. even if you are stupid, you feel it when you get punked.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2015-05-07 at 03:25 AM.

You guys realise how amazing the wolf looks tho right? It is one of the hardcore green fel wolves. Definitely worth the gold and apexis farm. 100k is like a week and a half in the garrison these days anyway. I would be swimming in gold atm if I didn't drop it on TCG mounts all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

i think what it is, bottomline. the start of the expansion and how garrisons have been used has generated a lot of gold. this is blizzs way of getting some of it out of the economy. look at the ppl who claim they make 11k a week from the garrison. thats generated gold, blizz feels it needs to be thinned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Every MMO that sells gold tends to wander towards increasing gold sinks making playing "free" harder.

Lets hope WoW is the exception and this is just a place holder. I think these are just placeholders IMVHO.
    yes. cause these mounts are required for you to be able to play the game.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    This. If you're garrison isn't pumping gold you're doing it wrong.

Treasure Hunters
    Ok. That explains it. Still trying to power level mine
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor