Poll: Why did you quit WoW in 2015?

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm actually willing to find a relatively bugless SoO private server and I'll enjoy it more than I do this shitty ass "content"

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    I'm actually willing to find a relatively bugless SoO private server and I'll enjoy it more than I do this shitty ass "content"
    That speaks volumes if people would honestly rather be at month 20 of SoO than have WoD, heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only came back to WoW to play with friends, and we all weren't feeling it, so we left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

#1 reason: No flying coupled with an almost deliberate terrain design to make your life hell trying to navigate a map.

Followed by garrison burnout, meaningless crafting professions with severe gating on key crafting materials, lack of meaningful new content/story progression in 6.1, selling a freaking flying mount in the Blizzard store.

Edit: And had I known that this legendary ring was going in the direction it did, and that its on use ability could be triggered by some other knucklehead for shits and giggles I would have unsubbed even earlier than I did.
    Last edited by jkbostic; 2015-05-07 at 01:29 AM. Reason: addition of legendary ring proc

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Well then 7 million people pay to play Zero reasons then ...

I am sure the vast majority plays for some goals they like.

My only question to YOU though is ... what are you even doing here ... debating over ZERO ?
    7M sub =/= 7M active/happy players. I'm sub, for the raid only. This expac has been a disapointement for me outside of raiding.

My only question you YOU though is... why are you so upset about people who arent 100% happy with WoW and say it openly? I can only speak for myself, but there is nothing worst to me than someone saying "If you arent happy, go away". No, just no. I spent 10 years playing this game, I love warcraft. And loving also mean telling the hard truth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    • snowflake pandering
    • lack of content
    • terrible communications from the devs
    Could go on and on really.
    Pretty much the reason I'm debating on unsubscribing. The one percent getting catered to is disgusting and the lack of dailies. I have also never unsubscribed since I first started playing(starting of TBC).

Ran out of stuff I liked doing (I dislike raiding).

I quit because was impossible to find good 20 players, not good only in skill someone who don't try to make fight over loot etc..my guild just broke. Don't have any good content outside of raids, I want daily even if it's just for mounts/transmog gear. WoW isn't immortal if blizz continue to pulling shit like this.. How the hell they can do that with more 100 people working now, things was better with a smaller team.

Deleted
    1. Lack of long term out of raid content
    2. 20man mythic killed personal friend oriented guilds such as my old one.
    3. The whole garrisons thing is just like a facebook game and not very involving.
    4. These 3 combined just made me bored of wow in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    That speaks volumes if people would honestly rather be at month 20 of SoO than have WoD, heh.
    Hell, if I find a relatively bugless one which isn't pay2win I'll go for it. When you look at it from my perspective, it's a win-win situation. Not only you get to play the content you actually ENJOYED more than this piece of stinking dung, you don't need to pay for it!

I quit because the prune ruined most classes for me, garrisons and profession changes trashed a significant chunk of the game as well.

WoD has some positives, but none of those stayed interesting in any sort of long term way.

My guild had trouble finding 20 people for Mythic. We kept pugging the remaining five week after week until we just gave up. We are on High Pop server, and we can't find decent raiders. And it seems to be an epidemic.

Not enough fresh and meaningful content, a questionable and unsatisfying story direction and repetitive gimmicks. I still dabble in WoW from time to time but it's rare. I haven't really looked back since making FFXIV my primary MMO and the passion of FFXIV's developers and the rate at which they provide great polished content is incredible. WoW just can't compete for that special spot in my heart anymore.

MMO-Champion might not be the best place to accurately find out why people have left. If they did leave, why would they continue to go to the game's fan sites? Not saying there won't be enough, I'm just saying not enough for an accurate determination.

people giving up on the content.. 20man mythic guild struggeling to keep together on medium ish servers, they toook away the moste important thing in raiding IMO the 10man mythic option. #thestruggle

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    I can honestly say for me, if MOP was still here I'd still be subbed (the class pruning would not have happened and I'd still be leveling some alts.)

Played since November of 2004 on Proudmmore. Quit in March 2015 on Proudmoore. Our guild was 7/7M Highmaul and 7/10M BRF at the time. The game grew boring outside of hardcore raiding. I played simply for the social aspect of the friends I had made over the years. They kept me logging in on a regular basis. It got to a point where, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here, my WoW time consisted of:

1 - Login and queue up garrison missions
    2 - Queue up work orders
    3 - Clear out garden, mine, and queue up those resources
    4 - Raid for 3 hours
    5 - Log out

Literally, this is what the game was for most of our raiders. With the exception of running/selling a gold CM here and there, or leveling alts. Ultimately, we decided that after already losing some key people to attrition we would collectively quit WoW and focus on other games, school, work, family, etc. Some remained or moved onto other top 50 US guilds. However, the lack of content and time between content patches, especially for an MMO with a sub-fee and mico-transactions, is pretty terrible to put it mildly. Almost 11 years for me on the same sever is a pretty good run, I think.

Because of how much Blizzard truly cares about their players.
    The direction of their game is complete bullshit.

It's every choice they've made since, oh, Cata?

There is too much to really say.
    Lack of compassion, and lack of passion.

'Nuff said.

I have better things to do with my time, than to farmville garrisoncraft and farm obscenely rare bullshit. There is literally nothing to do.
    Earl. Z. Moade.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

It's funny how people complain about an expansion and "nothing to do", then the next one comes out and the one they were just complaining about was great and "at least I had something to do"

EDIT: for me it's just not all that fun, I do agree with the above sentiment but I just think it's funny, MoP was boring as hell too, we just aren't in it anymore.

I don't have time to be a raider, and every guild I find is either super casual barely capable of doing normal, or wanting me to work a second job and do Mythic hardcore. Garrison is boring, I like the idea but the way they went with it is really boring. Old content is basically all I do. Eventually I will run out of that. I barely really play much anymore.
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2015-05-07 at 01:50 AM.

raiding is average, pvp is dead and broken, and only thing to do is work orders on alts.