Poll: Do you want the new demon models to replace the Warlock pets?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question 6.2: Are you satisfied with all of the new Demon models? (Pics included)

Please look over all the pictures below before voting in the poll!

6.2 brings us new models for many demons. All the warlock pet demon types have a new model datamined already, except for the Succubus, Shivarra and Observer. While this patch may not replace our warlock pets just yet, it seems inevitable for them to get an updated model. In fact, the Doomlord minion has received his model update already on the PTR.

This also means the time for feedback is now. Do we like the new demon models? Do we want them to replace our warlock pets? Do all of them represent your view of them?

Here are old and new compared in pictures. Credit for them goes to WoWHead. I'll start with the those I subjectively like most, to those I like least. But your own view on them is very welcome!

Doomlord:

The old model is removed from the database already, so this is the new Doomlord now and forever, hence me using a screenshot rather than a model picture of the old one. There are some changes to the model/armor but overall everything seems an improvement over the last one.

Felguard:

Most detail of the model remains the same. Though higher in quality, the armor seems a little less detailed. Still, pretty good upgrade.

Imp:

The new Imp is perhaps the most perfect conversion of the old model. Sharper features, but it's definitely still the same imp as before.

Wrathguard:

Model hasn't changed too much, but has gotten a whole new armor. The new one seems cool enough, though the belt does clip through the leg a lot.

Infernal:

The Infernal has undergone much reshaping. The chest is no longer hollow. It has gained fingers, but lost a lower jaw. It now has massive stone shoulderpads. It looks impressive. But it doesn't look much like the old one.

Felhunter:

Changed most of all is out magic-devouring friend, the Felhunter. While both are red with quills, the new one is a sleek skullhound. The old version is a somewhat furred almost reptilian creature with a maw full of teeth. Most noticeable, the Felhunter's iconic "tusks" and the magic-draining tendrils are completely missing in the new incarnation.

Succubus/Observer/Shivarra:
    Missing for now.

Personally I like most of them, except for the Felhunter and Infernal. They aren't so much a model update, as they are a complete reimagining.

These are the traditional appearances of these demons.
    That's the iconic look for me. It's not a felhunter without the magic sucking tentacles.

But that's just my opinion. What is your view on the new demon models? Would you like them to replace the Warlock pet models? Which ones do you like/hate?
    Last edited by Caerule; 2015-04-27 at 08:21 PM.

love them all but Felhunter, what have they done to my poor Bruumyn omg.

I like them, even felhunter, however he should still have those iconic tendrils. As for infernal, he looks far more badass.

Deleted
    I'm not a huge fan of the new wrathguard but the others i think look pretty goodc

Quote Originally Posted by gridalien View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the new wrathguard but the others i think look pretty goodc
    Wrathguard's face just sorta looks.. off. Like it's too long and doesn't fit the rest of its model.

Like everything about it otherwise though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I love the felhound new model, looks like the zombie dog from the Witchdoctor from Diablo 3

It is a shame that it is not a viable pet for PVE anymore

No succubus makes me sad !

I like the Infernal. The felhunter looks good but i dislike the fact that it looks totally different.

I like the new models and voted in favor of them replacing the current Warlock models.

With that said, since your poll is regarding their validity as warlock summons, shouldn't this be in the Warlock forum? If you were simply asking the general community what they thought of the new monster models it makes sense in general, but the poll clearly indicates otherwise.

They all look real good to me. Sure the infernal is a bit off from the good ol' iconic look, but it's alright, still looks like a badass. The felhunter I'm a little meh about, but I bet I'd just need to get used to it. The model is great.

Rest are just improvements overall in my book.

The new Infernal I actually like most of all. The Felhunter...it's okay, but the original one looked a bit more alien, which I like.

Deleted
    Okay, this is not okay. We had this once already when they took Flaafun from me and replaced him with an impostor, something they eventually sorted out. That however, is once again not Flaafun but some red painted doge that has taken his place. Shame on you Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    That infernal looks awesome
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

I like the new Infernal, but I will miss the connection to WC3.

Deleted
    Demons got way better new models than player characters did.

Doomlord: Very good update, looks a lot like the old model but with more clothing and longer horns.

Felguard: While the clothing looks sharper, it actually misses a lot of details from the old one. 50/50 with this one.

Imp: Great update, its just the old one with much better graphics.

Wrathguard: The face looks really odd and unfitting with the rest of the model. Its pretty good otherwise.

Infernal: Its alright I guess, though I'm not a fan of huge shoulderpads.

Felhunter: Easily my least favorite one, now its just a reskinned helhound instead of that Diablo themed zerg thingy that I knew and loved.

I kind of like the doofy old man face on the old felguard. It might be nice if we were offered the new models as an option from the demon trainer, so we could choose whichever we wanted. An updated observer is missing, or as I like to call him, my amazing floating butthole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Succubus/Observer/Shivarra:
    Missing for now.
    Figures. <_<

@Topic: I dislike both Infernal and Fel hunter.
    FH looks too fragile and misses tendrils.
    Infernal looks... just wrong.

Felhunter looks fine as a new type of demon, but it doesnt look at all like the original felhunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, are these becoming the new Warlock pets as well?

NOT THE FELHUNTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    The textures are much better, but other than Doomguard and Infernal I'm not especially wowed by them. It's a coat of fresh paint, though wrathguard looks a little strange. Also not a fan of the felhunter re-design. Doesn't look like a bad job, just not the cute hulky felkitty I know and love.

Hoping that the new Doom Lord Kazzak boss uses the old skeleton animations with a new high quality model. Kazzak was awesome.