Poll: Why did you quit WoW in 2015?

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I moved to FFXIV.

I love raiding but 20m only for mythic killed my motivation to raid, I prefer smaller groups than big groups. FFXIV hard raids are for 8 players so that's great for me.

I enjoy having interesting things to do outside raiding. Currently in WoW it's only garrisons (no, I'm not interested in hunting treasures/garbage to sell) which is horribly boring. I liked the idea of garrisons but they were awfuly implemented. In FFXIV I can: craft (which is almost a game inside the game, crafting classes have their skills, gear, rotation,...), do dailies (every 10 days of dailies your reputation rank increases which unlocks more story for the best tribe, except for the Ixal which is every 4-5 days), collect random stuffs like Triple Triad cards or minion, mess with my house, complete those big side stories...

I also enjoy playing different classes without feeling that I'm being punished (or missing something). Thanks to the Job system in FFXIV I can have all classes on the same character so I can always progress keep progressing my character even if I'm playing a different class.

Oh and it'll be adding flying mounts, funny how one game removes it from relevant content and the other adds it hehe.

Now, what I think that WoW does better: bigger raids and better PvP. Everything else (in my opinion) FFXIV does better hence I moved to that game but I'm always reading about WoW here in MMO-Champion hoping that they'll improve the game.

other, mainly no flying

got bored and just having an active subscription isnt worth it :>

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit because of the clusterfuck that is pvp this expansion..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    poll is biased, doesn't even offer no flying as an option.
    For all the posts that just say "no flying' I'm pretty much taking that one as a given at this point.

Or at the very least assuming every "other' is somehow no flying.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    No flight and the marginalization of dungeons. And the overreliance on raids as the ONLY source of pve progression.

Cuz I've been taking breaks from WoW since after TBC. It's fun in small doses.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't care for seeing my arms warrior reduced to 3 buttons, while prot and other classes got to keep their 20. Only iconic warrior abilities left standing are charge and mortal strike. And MS was gimped years ago. And Charge was gimped this expansion! Because apparently after 10 years a stun was too powerful without a giant cooldown, but a feral druid can have mountspeed and immunity to roots 100% of the time...

No fucking logic in the Dev decisions, just playing favorites.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quitting cause of lack of flying? Wow.. shallow much are we?.. Lol to each his own I guess.

WoD was fun at first and quickly died once you realize its a massive fucking shit show that we paid more for. Less content and we paid more. Pure laziness on their part.

No content aside from raids and the raids can eat my dick they were so bad, garrisons can blow my asshole after taking a massive shit, nothing meaningful for rep items, no world content, heroics we pathetic and once you completed them you never had to run them again, classes condensed to a couple buttons which is flatout ridiculous and so dumb on their part, I mean I could go on and on and on. This expansion was by far the worst one they have done. On top of all that, if you take a look at the patch cycle youll see their patches are basically the same shit every single time.. Well it used to be go dungeons 1 patch > Raid next patch > dungeons 1 patch > raid. blah blah blah. BRING BACK THE OUTDOOR WORLD PVE CONTENT FOR FUCK SAKE!!! Get rid of phasing, get rid of instances, keep flying out. Game reinstated to its former glory.

*Lack of daily quest hubs.
    *I don't have the time to do organized raiding anymore, and I've maxed out my gear from LFR.
    *I finished the legendary questline.
    *Item level balance has shifted such that dungeons - even heroic ones - no longer provide meaningful upgrades for any significant period of time.
    *I don't care for PvP.

Ultimately, it all boils down to a lack of meaningful endgame PvE content outside of raiding. I'll resub come 6.2, of course, but how long I stay beyond completion of the next legendary quest chain depends on what else there is to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Didn't care for seeing my arms warrior reduced to 3 buttons, while prot and other classes got to keep their 20. Only iconic warrior abilities left standing are charge and mortal strike. And MS was gimped years ago.
    Yeah, another reason for me quitting is the sheer amount of stuff they removed. I honestly don't believe Blizzard even looked at what the class was supposed to BE while they were doing the removal.

Three words:

Garrishon.

No capital cities was a big one. It just felt like a single player game most of the time to me sitting in my garrison all day outside of raiding. Nothing much to do if you weren't raiding, sending followers out to experience content for you, horrible rep grinds, no real garrison customization, can't move them to different zones, no Farhalon. I don't know lots of things made me quit, it's not like they just did one thing very wrong in WoD it was a lot of things they screwed up and should really be embarrassed by the low quality work they put out.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Ice God of the Elder Blizzards glanced at me, and said:

RAID OR DIE.

Also:
    No rep like 5.1's (story instances? FUCK YEAH! Screw those ugly grinds like Shaohao)
    I don't want to enter a raid more than once, and since the story is gated behind the legendary quest, and that is gated behind going to the same raid over and over and over and over.... Bleh.
    Lore inconsistences: Cho'gall's model, Doomhammer's poor presentation, no Farahlon, low % of mushrooms... They already HAD a Draenor. Why scrap it to make this new one that looks like an Azeroth?!?

I know Gameplay > Lore, but this time, they aren't even making the effort to make the lore plausible. Nope. Everything was just "Iron Horde is attacking! Let's fight back! RAWRAWRAWRAWR". I miss Pandaria exactly because of this: They had a cool lore being worked from the begining to the end of the expansion.

I plan to renew my sub just to finish the main storyline: I'll go into LFR, finish my legendary ring, then unsub again.

I mean, what is a MMO-RPG without the RPG part? They got the first part right, but they forgot the second. Laziness.

Edit: The good side of all of this: Now I'm experiencing other mmorpgs, and I'm generally happier with my playtime. Variety is the key!

Other

No flying
    Professions completely useless
    Dailies gone
    No new battlegrounds
    No new dungeons
    No incentive to max reputations
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

left during the lull between MOP and WOD.
    subscription cost is too high imo.
    i do the same subscription cost with my ps4 but it includes all my games.
    this could also be why their other games that don't have a monthly subscription cost, D3/Hearthstone/HotS, have more users.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got bored, and all of my guild left too. Garrisons were a good idea, but were so boring it was ridiculous.
    There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly because FFXIV is a better game, way more fun, I gave my last chance to WoW with WOD, and
    by far is the worst expansion ever, even cataclysm looks awesome vrs WoD, even MoP had something,
    WoD has nothing.
    The New World of Warcraft Expansion: "Corgis Unleashed"

Lack of flying.

Nothing to do outside of raiding (which i've earned aotc in).

No new pvp content (ashran doesn't count)

I'm not sure if I'd be considered a true WoW-quitter but I quit hardcore playing and went extremely casual (logging on only once every few days) because of the time commitment. If you're a raider, you need to make sure you spend the time gearing up, getting food, getting flasks/potions, doing research on fights, etc. It's just too much of a time sink on top of the time you spend raiding for a game. I didn't continue once I retired from raiding because outside of the leveling experience, there really isn't much to do for a casual player at max level, especially one that moved from being a hardcore player to a casual. I've never been a fan of hardcore pvp, I dislike pet battles (I was never one of the pokemon people), and I don't have the time to raid.

On top of all of that, I still can't understand why Blizzard can't balance each spec for each class so people can play what they enjoy. I absolutely hate Subtlety but if I DID want to raid and do well, I'm pretty much forced into that spec outside of cleaving. I understand it's hard to balance classes against each other but being unable to balance specs within a class? Come on, get it together.