p1 blackhand Mythic....

i mainly play shaman ele and really good at dps and jobbing, but for some reason we have brg my Spriest 689 IL (AS/TOF/INS) for blackhand mythic, usually i do great dps on heroic fight but yeah in p1 i was only able to do around 32-34k dps and sometime 30k if i was bad lucky with mark with only 2 hunter(so one demolition with no fox) im asking you if im fine at this dps, sorry i dont have log, just asking if i was sucking becuz i was feeling so useless haha i hate it.. but i think i was fine... we all know Spriest is always in the last in opener ? but i was just feeling i was useless lot, but i checked some Spriest pov and dps was always between 35k-38.5k before p2, so i guess i was fine at 689 IL with 2 fox? what do you think about it?

p.s remember i was playing Auspicious spirit and twist of fate for p2 balcony
    Last edited by ruggleee; 2015-05-07 at 02:51 PM.

our sPriest switch to mindharvest and grab some extra orbs prepull, adds a decent chunk of dps.

but if you arent having any problems with getting phase 1 down fast enough I wouldn't worry about it.

I usually do around 35k-39k in phase 1 on our farm at ilvl700. 45-50k with super RNG.

Phase 1 is terrible, you catch up in phase 2.

Yeah phase 1 sucks.

Wiping before the boss reaches 0 hp is always bad for shadow, but it's particularly bad when you have a high movement start (demo phase) and no orbs saved up. And shadow really doesn't have much of an opening burst phase.

Props to people who actually responded to your post. I read it like 6 times and I'm still not 100% sure I understand it, but yeah, shadow priests are consistent DPS with a small bump sub 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post
    I usually do around 35k-39k in phase 1 on our farm at ilvl700. 45-50k with super RNG.

Phase 1 is terrible, you catch up in phase 2.
    so i will considering with 11 IL below you and only 2 fox fine i guess lol.... ty for your answer everyone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    our sPriest switch to mindharvest and grab some extra orbs prepull, adds a decent chunk of dps.

but if you arent having any problems with getting phase 1 down fast enough I wouldn't worry about it.
    yeah was doing that but we had always 2-3 people dying yesterday, so we were always ok to put boss in p2 but extremely close of demo(4)so people was looking me lol:P but heh Spriest blow at opener and even more without CoP :P i explained to them that its normal i was doing this dps with less IL and the spec i was playing, even checked 3-4 videos to be sure and average is around 35-38k for p1 for Spriest with 3 fox, two fox literaly reduce may be 1k dps penality probably, may be slightly a bit more(1.5k)
    Last edited by ruggleee; 2015-05-08 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    Depends on the rng with AS and the tools you have, some guilds like to hero/double pot first phase, put bops on DPS.

Average I would say is 33-40k. I've got out of the phase as low as 33k and finished as high as 48k, its really dumb. Really picks up later on though where until p3, I've seen people average 35-40k for p1 and p2 and maintain 70k for most of p3 and end the fight with a solid rank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    some guilds like to hero/double pot first phase, put bops on DPS.
    Who'd do that? oO

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Who'd do that? oO
    Well pretty sure Midwinter was doing that on their first kill, no one does that anymore though.

Yeah P1 sucks for Shadow. Our guild recently got into P2 and I was catching up, but with most of the P1 wipes I was at half of the DPS of some classes that pop all their cds on the opener. On good pulls I think I was sitting around 35K or slightly higher. P2 helps with the option to multidot and cascade a little more as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post
    Well pretty sure Midwinter was doing that on their first kill, no one does that anymore though.
    That 6 minute w/ 3 Healer Speelkill pulled of BL on pull as well

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    That 6 minute w/ 3 Healer Speelkill pulled of BL on pull as well
    Ye we did hero on pull to attempt to get a quicker speed kill, ended the first phase doing 47k with okey'ish rng and ended the fight with around 50k barly using globels on the siege. It is extremly rng based what a shadow priest can do in those kind of high mobillity situations, and during early progress before the ilvl upgrade i belive me and Perh(other shadow priest) had pulls where we did everything from 30k-38k in phase 1. So what you're doing is not nessesarly 100% optimal,but it isn't wrong either. A factor as RNG can play a huge part in it. What i would consider doing if you only have two foxes in first phase is go reversed grip, and basically try to move for the first two smashes then stop for the last one to pump out some dps before you mousover grip yourself to the rest. You should be able to get in atleast 1 MB cast+2 insta cast/4 tics of MF.

/reports/kAKr17vwHYTzXWGn#type=damage-done (here is the log of the speed kill if anyone was interested )