Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A pretty good examination of the movement. Most of them spend their time screaming about a problem and not enough time examining and solving it. It's driven by emotions instead of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, not really, I just go with there the chain of logic and reason dictate, if you find racism, sexism or homophobic shit funny, or ok, then you are likely to follow the logic sooner or later, that devaluing other peoples lives based on race, gender, and orientation are ok.

Most people don't wake up or are born hating people like that, they adopt ideology slowly but gradually over time. Saying you aren't a racist, or you ARE a feminist doesn't preclude you from being a racist,or sexist. Just as being a race, sex or gay, doesn't preclude you from being racist against your same race, or sexist against your own gender or hateful of other gay people.
    Your jumping to conclusions and insane strawmanning...only serves to prove what I said to be entirely accurate.

You are hypocritical and naive.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Your jumping to conclusions and insane strawmanning...only serves to prove what I said to be entirely accurate.

And his claims of using logic are so thick in irony you could use a knife to slice through it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    If you force somebody to change their ways, they will not adhere to the change. Racism is bad, sexism is bad, but the underlying issues are fixed through mutual understanding and respect, which is something that is never the outcome of a shouting match. Scale is a big thing to remember too, not all acts of racism are going to be equally harmful. They're all bad, but killing a person because of the color of their skin is a lot worse than using a racial slur. Ideally, we wouldn't have the issue at all, but realistically, this problem can only be solved gradually.

The thing is you can't FORCE someone to believe anything, there is no such thing as thought police, but there is such a thing as being aware of where a certain train of logic and reason go. Remember there is conscious and unconscious action, it's why as a SJW, I don't agree with other SJW, that believe the, well IF IT FEELS GOOD, then why not approach to things either.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    My issue with the SJW "movement" is the extremism. It's the same issue with all organized groups. There are some movements that do have some clear messages. Movements who are seeking real change, with good points being made.

But then you have keyboard warriors speaking under the banner of said group, just destroying their image. A great quote I still think holds so much truth that I saw in these forums is:

The difference between a SJW and an activist: An activist tries to get a ramp added to a building for easier wheelchair access. The SJW tries to get the stairs removed because they might offend people who can't use them.
    SJWs go to the very extreme. There is no middle ground. Any logical discussion terms into a pissing game of, "Who's the racist/bigot/sexist?" In the end of the day, I'm informed enough to know what groups are decent and are sending a viable message and are aware that SJWs are nothing more than basement dwellers carrying out self-fulfillment on message boards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind I didn't read the whole argument. Not gonna post.

10+ Year Old Account

Nope, only proves I am not in self denial, I don't subscribe to theory you can predict based on how someone is BORN you can determine who they will be or what they will believe, BUT, You sure as FUCK can predict based on a line of thinking and ideology where some is going and likely to believe next.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    The difference between a SJW and an activist: An activist tries to get a ramp added to a building for easier wheelchair access. The SJW tries to get the stairs removed because they might offend people who can't use them.
    That's so damn accurate
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

doesn't preclude you from being racist against your same race

Woahh woahh woah, wait a sec... are you saying a white person can be racist to white people? Fuck me half of tumblr are racists then. Atleast.

If people haven't figured out that more than half are probably just reverse-trolling trying to piss off people in a different way - you've deluded yourself.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmox View Post
    [video=youtube;6B3WQPdqTNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B3WQPdqTNs[video]

Too lazy to explain what I think so I'll let this moron do it.
    Wow that's actually a pretty good explanation

Nope, only proves I am not in self denial, I don't subscribe to theory you can predict based on how someone is BORN you can determine who they will be or what they will believe, BUT, You sure as FUCK can predict based on a line of thinking and ideology where some is going and likely to believe next.
    ...what the actual fuck are you babbling about?

None of these are things anyone has said.

You are quite literally, making shit up now.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Being called fat makes you feel bad, but it is nowhere near as bad as being called a nigger. Being called a nigger is not nearly as bad as being beaten for being a Muslim.
    lol what?
    Being called a name sucks either way, dsnt matter what name that is.
    Same with being getting your ass kicked. Dsnt matter the reason behind it.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing is you can't FORCE someone to believe anything, there is no such thing as thought police, but there is such a thing as being aware of where a certain train of logic and reason go. Remember there is conscious and unconscious action, it's why as a SJW, I don't agree with other SJW, that believe the, well IF IT FEELS GOOD, then why not approach to things either.
    You absolutely cannot force somebody to believe something, that is true. This issue is fundamentally an illogical one that more often than not is fought irrationally. Most people recognize that racist is a bad word, calling somebody a racist is going to cause them to circle the mental wagons from an attack. Racism is also rooted in ignorance. If you could present information about why a person may be wrong when making racist comments, you are far more likely to encourage change than by hostilely attacking them. Calling somebody a racist or a bigot will not usually be constructive.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    My issue with the SJW "movement" is the extremism. It's the same issue with all organized groups. There are some movements that do have some clear messages. Movements who are seeking real change, with good points being made.

But then you have keyboard warriors speaking under the banner of said group, just destroying their image. A great quote I still think holds so much truth that I saw in these forums is:

SJWs go to the very extreme. There is no middle ground. Any logical discussion terms into a pissing game of, "Who's the racist/bigot/sexist?" In the end of the day, I'm informed enough to know what groups are decent and are sending a viable message and are aware that SJWs are nothing more than basement dwellers carrying out self-fulfillment on message boards.
    Yeah also called Fence Sitting, you are that guy that comes into every argument and says YOU are ALL fucking extreme or idiots because two sides are arguing about something passionately, but never mind the fact you seem to come from the line of thought you frankly don't really give a shit about anything or take a stand on anything so it is all a joke to you.

Never mind the issue, never mind the weight and what could be at stake ever, If guys on fire and you have two sides saying one "I think we should put him out and help him" and the other saying "well I think we should let him burn to death (Darwin)", Your approach like clock work is, YOU are BOTH CRAZY, YUK YUK YUK!

- - - Updated - - -

...what the actual fuck are you babbling about?

None of these are things anyone has said.

You are quite literally, making shit up now.
    Nope, I am making a point, not accusing you of anything, maybe if you read and comprehended nearly as much as you made smart ass remarks, you might understand that.

Nope, I am making a point, not accusing you of anything, maybe if you read and comprehended nearly as much as you made smart ass remarks, you might understand that.
    Your point is that laughter is a gateway to full blown racism...?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    lol what?
    I present Exhibit A.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    lol what?
    I was specifically using examples within the framework of social justice and trying to demonstrate that not every bad thing that happens to you is equally bad. If you were a fat black Muslim though, that would probably have been a pretty all-around bad day.

And I do think that certain names are going to be more insulting and make you feel worse than others. Being called a silly head is not nearly as hurtful as being called a dumb shit.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I too can MAKE certain words bigger to make my fragile POINTS seem any less weak!

and hot damn dat self denial.

Really simple if you stop to worry about every uninformed opinion, and every stupid ass overly simplified label, and what is cool or popular, then you sure as shit shouldn't consider yourself SJW, or anything else that may or may not be cool under unfavorable conditions.

To me the biggest fucking frauds are the people that worry more about being seen looking good, or doing something productive, than actually doing it, bot SJW and Anti SJW.

If you fucking care about social issues, YOU NEED TO DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER to fight for them, equality for people of Race, Gender, or Orientation. Fuck the politics, fuck the simple ideologies that can be wrong any time, think of what your CORE beliefs are, and ACT in every way you can accordingly.
    Nobody should consider themselves a SJW. It's a bad thing.
    In means you follow hype trains of what's "good", are generally poorly informed on the reality of the situation, blindly follow anything labeled as "progressive", all the while barely doing anything to actually help any causes beyond complaining over the internet.
    The biggest reasons SJWs are terrible laughing stocks is because they sit around pretending they are so righteous, pretending they are fighting for good causes, while in reality they do nothing but sit around talking about it. They make no real effort, they make no real sacrifice, they make no real contribution. They just lord over others how great they are because of their views, which they only adopt in the first place because according to the progressive side of mainstream media those views are "good".