Problem with GTX 580 card

I currently run a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - 1.5GB - EVGA Superclocked (cut/pasted from computer order), and have for a few years.

Lately I seem to be having overheating problems. I am now at the point where my case is about as clean as it can get, and still seem to be having overheating problems. Right now, playing wow is what is causing it to crash. I'd assume other games with a lot of highly set graphical options would cause it to crash too, so I don't think it is game specific. Right now the temp is running about 45, when I check during wow, the vid card temp is running high 70s and (I would presume) over 80 when it does crash.

Therefore, any recommendations on a low price, mid price, and high price replacement card? Of course other ideas as to fixing I'd be willing to try, but I've taken the case off the card, and it is pretty clean, and the fans/exhaust/etc on my CPU case are pretty clean as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like with a cpu, the thermal interface material between the die and heat sink dries out over time and acts more as a barrier then a conduit.
    If you registered the card with evga and it has lifetime warranty you could send it in. If not your only choice is the take it apart, clean all the crusty old compound off with high percent rubbing alcohol, then apply some new stuff, and reassemble.

Low Price: GTX750ti $120-150

Lower-Mid: GTX960 $190-$210

Upper-Mid: GTX970 $300-350

High: GTX980 $540-600

Enthusiast: Titan X $1k+

Deleted
    80c should still be fine (not optimal ofc) and not be causing crashes.

1. Update your drivers to the latest version.

2. Does Furmark make it crash? 80°C is not that high for a card. It's not a CPU.

3. GTX 970 is probably the best value, high performance card right now, and is a decent upgrade over your existing one.