Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What did you do immediately following graduation?

Since this is graduation season... I just wanted to ask lol.

For high school or college. I'm not talking about "what's next" in term of, oh, it's time to find a job. I'm talking about immediate moments after graduation. Lets say you report to graduation at 8 AM, the ceremony begins at 10:30 AM, and it finishes at 12:30 PM. What did you do:

1) 15 minutes after graduation end?
    2) 1 hours after graduation end?
    3) 2 hours after graduation end?
    4) 4 hours after graduation end?
    5) The immediate night following graduation?
    6) The next day?

...how did you feel about every other kids just dispersing and going in different directions, and you all never converge following graduation, say for one last huge mega-after party or something? if you went to the club or something that same night of graduation do you ask yourself: which other clubs are the other kids going too? etc? what are they doing atm?
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2015-05-08 at 09:05 AM.

1) Go to bar
    2) drink
    3) drink
    4) keep drinking
    5) drink
    6) drink (spent my whole day in university's beach club)

10+ Year Old Account
    Went home and bragged in /g
    On the next day i sent my resume to various factories in my city
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    1) Go to bar
    2) drink
    3) drink
    4) keep drinking
    5) drink
    6) drink
    I think you'll find this is most common response. It's identical to my experience.

I didn't particular like my high school friends so it was easy to move on. Although i'm still good friends with the ones I did like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    1. Celebrate having 6 weeks to myself
    2. Play games
    3. Play games
    4. Play games
    5. Play games
    6. Play games and realise I've got to go back in 6 weeks. How droll.

And that's what I'll do this year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    1) Go to bar
    2) drink
    3) drink
    4) keep drinking
    5) drink
    6) drink (spent my whole day in university's beach club)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I think you'll find this is most common response. It's identical to my experience.

I didn't particular like my high school friends so it was easy to move on. Although i'm still good friends with the ones I did like.
    Did you run into other kids at the same graduation while you drink? shortly following graduation, did you ever wonder what are the other kids are doing "right now" and "where are they at"? As in not "in life" as in at the exact moment where you are, where are they?
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2015-05-08 at 08:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went home. Exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    Did you run into other kids at the same graduation while you drink? shortly following graduation, did you ever wonder what are the other kids are doing "right now" and "where are they at"? As in not "in life" as in at the exact moment where you are, where are they?
    I graduated from high school in a fairly small city. So it was pretty much either the pub or the club. The group split off into those 2 depending on personalities. I went to the pub with my friends and a few other groups and although we stayed within our groups there was a sense of celebration through the club between the groups. I can fully imagine I thought what the others were doing that night at the club. It was 10 years ago so I can't recall explicit moments of thought but I would gurantee it happened. These days it doesn't happen, I tend to not dwell on people who longer have a direct impact in my life and facebook fills the void for the few people who I do still think about, albeit rarely.

I haven't really had a party and I didn't really wonder what other students are doing because they never did what I do.
    Last edited by schhiqiul; 2015-05-08 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the hell out of there as quickly as possible and never looked back.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Got drunk with friends at garduation party.

Deleted
    became all sharp and edgy

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    high school I don't recall I had my picture taken. College I didn't attend graduation cause fuck paying $300 for that shit.

Deleted
    Fap.
    /many faps

10+ Year Old Account
    Drink my brains out, vomit, pass out on the floor, and get taken home

15 minutes later? Went out to eat and roam around with a good friend of mine.
    1 hour later? Went back to my home to hang out and play video games.
    2 hours later? Still hung out and played video games.
    4 hours later? Continued to hang out and played video games.
    The following day or night? Went with him to hang out with his family and celebrate.
    The next day after that? Went home by myself and went about my business no different than usual.
    How it felt to see everyone part and go their own way? Pretty par for the course as my class was never that united to begin with.
    Did it occur to me to wonder what the others were doing and to try to meet them? Not at all.

Well immediately after highschool I started planning on my upcoming trip to Japan.
    Immediately after University I started planning on my upcoming migration to Japan.
    I guess there's a certain pattern to be found.

That said, I didn't have any sort of ceremony at either graduation. I guess we don't really do that in Denmark. And I didn't get my diplomas until much later, by mail.
    Think I went to have an ice cream and smile into the sun with closed eyes at some point. I did feel happy and proud of myself after university, being the first in my entire family to ever finish a Master's Degree.

I never cared about what my fellow highschool students did, as they were 90% rich kids who only ever talked about golf and how droll it was to depend on "commoners" for good grades. In University I ended up skipping a year ahead of my classmates eventually, so I had already lost contact with everyone when I started my final year.
    I do sometimes still wonder what they're doing, with some amount of regret that I don't use e.g. Facebook and thus struggle getting in touch with people.
    Last edited by Driahtvacahtve; 2015-05-08 at 09:06 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    Since this is graduation season... I just wanted to ask lol.

For high school or college. I'm not talking about "what's next" in term of, oh, it's time to find a job. I'm talking about immediate moments after graduation. Lets say you report for graduation at 8 AM, the ceremony start at 10:30 AM, and it finish at 12:30 PM. What did you do:

1) 15 minutes after graduation end?
    2) 1 hours after graduation end?
    3) 2 hours after graduation end?
    4) 4 hours after graduation end?
    5) The immediate night following graduation?
    6) The next day?

...how did you feel about every other kids just dispersing and going in different directions, and you all never converge following graduation, say for one last huge mega-after party or something? if you went to the club or something that same night of graduation do you ask yourself: which other clubs are the other kids going too? etc? what are they doing atm?
    High school: Raced this kid who lived up the street to turn our caps and gowns in. Went back for my sister's graduation, 2 years later...never cared about the place afterward, otherwise. Didn't give anyone I wasn't friends with a second thought. Haven't been to one reunion. Haven't friended more than a handful of people on Facebook. When someone called for a "where are you now" story (17 years later), I made up something about being on house arrest so they'd stop pestering me to attend my 20 year reunion.

College: Snuck out of the ceremony early to go to a friend's wedding. The graduation ceremony was a zoo with 6000 undergrads and virtually no policing; random people would write fake names and fake majors on their graduation slips.

Graduate school: Due to some very unusual rules, I had to go to the following June ceremony, 9 months after submitting my written dissertation and 10 months after my Ph.D. defense. I think I celebrated by going out for Thai food with my wife.
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2015-05-08 at 09:13 AM.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    15 minutes later? Went out to eat and roam around with a good friend of mine.
    1 hour later? Went back to my home to hang out and play video games.
    2 hours later? Still hung out and played video games.
    4 hours later? Continued to hang out and played video games.
    The following day or night? Went with him to hang out with his family and celebrate.
    The next day after that? Went home by myself and went about my business no different than usual.
    How it felt to see everyone part and go their own way? Pretty par for the course as my class was never that united to begin with.
    Did it occur to me to wonder what the others were doing and to try to meet them? Not at all.
    How can you do this? how can you just go back to your house, sit there and play video game without the feeling of uneasiness of wondering where everyone else, in term of the classmates at your graduation, is and what they are doing and feeling you need to be out and there, where they are? How are you able to sit in a box and not feel that... everyone else is out there and doing something (you don't know if they're doing it with just themselves and their immediate family or they're hanging out with each other) and you're not there? lol. Just have a yearning of feeling of wanting to be where everyone else is?
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2015-05-08 at 09:31 AM.

1) Cry with joy
    2) Started to not care
    3) Oh god what am I doing with my life
    4) Oh god what am I doing with my life
    5) Oh god what am I doing with my life
    6) Let's go play wow forever