Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    probably dont even have ammo
    Wouldn't be shocking, I used to get put on Ammo Depot guard with a M16 and 5 rounds. I mean seriously, if your going to put me on a allegedly important guard detail, at least give me enough rounds to do something if the need arises.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I always thought that if it was magazine fed, it was machine fed.
    Typically your stereotypical "machine guns" are going to be belt fed. Otherwise it will be a submachine gun ALA MP-7 or UZI, which outside of SF, you won't see issued to soldiers.

Standard machine gunsare going to be M249's M240's or, if the unit wants to go old school M60's

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Wouldn't be shocking, I used to get put on Ammo Depot guard with a M16 and 5 rounds. I mean seriously, if your going to put me on a allegedly important guard detail, at least give me enough rounds to do something if the need arises.

- - - Updated - - -

Typically your stereotypical "machine guns" are going to be belt fed. Otherwise it will be a submachine gun ALA MP-7 or UZI, which outside of SF, you won't see issued to soldiers.

Standard machine gunsare going to be M249's M240's or, if the unit wants to go old school M60's
    i remember after 9-11 they put us on gate guard duty for a week, apparently the first batch of people that was on duty had rounds and they ended up miss firing at some car and they took all the ammo away after that lol

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot the mother of all machine guns, the Ma Deuce.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Remember to be afraid, very afraid. At all times, anyone could be out there ready to blow just YOU up.
    Be afraid of being fat. Be afraid of being poor. Be afraid of not getting to be on TV. Be afraid of Ebola. Be afraid of strangers. Be afraid of being afraid.

This is how the US functions and how the US government is still somehow in power with all the stupid shit it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You forgot the mother of all machine guns, the Ma Deuce.

LOL

I did, I guess I brain farted, I love me some ma deuce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You know more about it than me, lol.
    All Good, I know your hubby is Army, figure id save ya some embarrassment from his friends if you said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Be afraid of being fat. Be afraid of being poor. Be afraid of not getting to be on TV. Be afraid of Ebola. Be afraid of strangers. Be afraid of being afraid.

This is how the US functions and how the US government is still somehow in power with all the stupid shit it does.
    even paranoids have enemies lol.

Deleted
    Guess they should trample those civil liberties and rights to privacy harder, ISIS and pedophiles could strike at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    Guess they should trample those civil liberties and rights to privacy harder, ISIS and pedophiles could strike at any moment.
    Just curious, but which civil liberties have you personally had violated?

Just curious, but which civil liberties have you personally had violated?
    Indiscriminately collecting phone data by NSA perhaps.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Indiscriminately collecting phone data by NSA perhaps.
    How do you know its Indiscriminate?

I mean, I doubt the NSA is going to waste resources listening in to you talking to your aunt susan about her apple pie recipe.

7+ Year Old Account
    A little off topic but my Grandfather always loved the M-4, he hated the M-16. Said he could dump it in mud and it still would fire, but an M-16 would jam in a stiff wind. It may be different now but that was in Vietnam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

How do you know its Indiscriminate?

I mean, I doubt the NSA is going to waste resources listening in to you talking to your aunt susan about her apple pie recipe.
    I'm pretty sure you're smarter than that, especially considering the federal court decision just yesterday or the day before that said such practices which your government does are unconstitutional

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    A little off topic but my Grandfather always loved the M-4, he hated the M-16. Said he could dump it in mud and it still would fire, but an M-16 would jam in a stiff wind. It may be different now but that was in Vietnam.
    I'm assuming you mean the M14 vs the M16, since the M4 is a relatively new weapon.

My father (who was also in Vietnam) agrees, he much preferred the M14 over the M16.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I'm pretty sure you're smarter than that, especially considering the federal court decision just yesterday or the day before that said such practices which your government does are unconstitutional
    Are you American?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    Makes sense, if he meant the M-14, which was the standard infantry rifle for a long time. We still use them as sniping rifles.

Are you American?
    I don't see how that's relevant to the facts

If isis actually does attack the us that will be the end of them u.s/nato would say fuck it and just wipe them out.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I'm assuming you mean the M14 vs the M16, since the M4 is a relatively new weapon.

My father (who was also in Vietnam) agrees, he much preferred the M14 over the M16.
    I STILL prefer the M14 to the M16/M4

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    If isis actually does attack the us that will be the end of them u.s/nato would say fuck it and just wipe them out.
    lol thats a good one, thanks for the chuckle

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post

Yeah sorry, I meant the m-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.