Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I read about the glyph of tranquilizing shot change. Did it help in tune down the effectiveness of hunters in general at least?
    It is a slight buff for MM and SV hunters. Depending on the comp BM hunter is playing in, it's either a buff or a nerf.

40 focus cost is still unbelievably stupid to use outside of BW. I actually got to use tranquilizing shot once in pvp since its massive nerf to 50 focus cost and since hunters are most resouce-starved class in the game, the 40 focus cost will not change much on that. I will probably never use the glyph (I play MM and SV) and use tranquilizing now and then in hopes I dispel something else than a trash buff, or help my healer to dispel faster.

This change just adds more rng. Two independent stacks of tranquilizing shot on 10 or 15 seconds would be much better and more balanced around all hunter specs.
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2015-05-10 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    It is a slight buff for MM and SV hunters. Depending on the comp BM hunter is playing in, it's either a buff or a nerf.

40 focus cost is still unbelievably stupid to use outside of BW. I actually got to use tranquilizing shot once in pvp since its massive nerf to 50 focus cost and since hunters are most resouce-starved class in the game, the 40 focus cost will not change much on that. I will probably never use the glyph (I play MM and SV) and use tranquilizing now and then in hopes I dispel something else than a trash buff, or help my healer to dispel faster.

This change just adds more rng. Two independent stacks of tranquilizing shot on 10 or 15 seconds would be much better and more balanced around all hunter specs.
    You seem to underestimating how amazing and versatile purges are in the current meta

Deleted
    If your purge costs 50 (40) focus, a global, and you have 25% chance of dispeling what you need, then it's not amazing. You need to realize how long it takes for a hunter to retain the focus back and return to a meaningful pressure. As I said there was only one situation where I used it after the nerf, and that was on a paladin with protection. I took the risk and it landed, and we won the match. I remember it so well just because that was the only situation where I could weigh in risks of lost focus to a potential gain and did it only because our priest was cced.

Deleted
    Hunters and moonkins are the only ranged classes that don't get raped by melee, thanks to Holinka's pruning, and moonkins are about as fun as a root canal.

The issue is not that hunters are OP in pvp, the issue is that all other ranged are shit. If hunters get "balanced" to be at the same level as the other ranged, I will be joining those 3 mil+ who quit.
    Last edited by mmocdb096be3da; 2015-05-10 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    It really only helped to force almost all hunter into bm specc, where you can dispell for 20 focus during their dmg cd. Arguably it is even stronger - less cc/higher trap duration, but very high barrage damage and even if you cc the hunter the pet will rip you a new one. (Although it is kinda easy to cc the pet behind pillars for druids)
    I should probably take a look at some stream some day again to see what the meta is like now again, been a while since I went into the arena now.

Thanks anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I should probably take a look at some stream some day again to see what the meta is like now again, been a while since I went into the arena now.

Thanks anyhow.
    Damn, I just realized I didn't read "glyph" and responded regarding the 50 focus nerf. The glyph... yeah, like Summoner said, the glyph change is probably a slight buff and every hunter will hit tranq shot every 10 seconds, but not be able to reliable dispell every trash buff when it matters (say bop and another buff on the pal)

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I see a lot of hunters in randoms, but honestly its very rare they seem to be doing a whole lot of use.
    I still remember shortly after I came back to the game at the end of Wrath, Cata had already launched and there was a Hunter running around with Arena Master, and he was the first person I ever noticed with that title. That dude wrecked me the whole game. Just CC'ed me, harassed me (I was a healer) and all in all made my life miserable.
    I think to these days, and most hunters I see, are running out of their base in WG, and see a 6v1 heading towards them.
    Go stealth, mount up, drop a frost trap?
    Nah son... going to barrage this s___.
    While I agree I see numerous hunters, I don't see enough good ones to make me really care a whole lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I see a lot of hunters in randoms, but honestly its very rare they seem to be doing a whole lot of use.
    I still remember shortly after I came back to the game at the end of Wrath, Cata had already launched and there was a Hunter running around with Arena Master, and he was the first person I ever noticed with that title. That dude wrecked me the whole game. Just CC'ed me, harassed me (I was a healer) and all in all made my life miserable.
    I think to these days, and most hunters I see, are running out of their base in WG, and see a 6v1 heading towards them.
    While I agree I see numerous hunters, I don't see enough good ones to make me really care a whole lot.
    True. When I'm taking a break from my hunter to play my dk, I'm amazed at the huge percentage of huntards that I can bitchslap even though they should be bitchslapping my dk if they were any decent. And then there is the new BM huntard that is even worse and most BMs are terrible as fuck. Nothing but idiots and backpeddaling idiots. On my hunter only things that can indeed beat me every time are well played boomkins and well played shadow priests, not much I can do against these guys, but these huntards...man, they probably get beaten by fucking arms warriors and frost dks, things any decent hunter (and not BM) should crap all over. However these huntards have read that BM is great in arena so they think it's great anywhere, most of them don't even do arena but still play BM and get wrecked by everyone who is decent and geared.

Deleted
    They obliterated most ranged mobility while leaving melee mobility, cc and dmg at MoP levels. Hunter is one of the few classes who doesn't just retain what they had while being a semi ranged class they also profited from some changes. What exactly did you guys expect would happen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    They obliterated most ranged mobility while leaving melee mobility, cc and dmg at MoP levels. Hunter is one of the few classes who doesn't just retain what they had while being a semi ranged class they also profited from some changes. What exactly did you guys expect would happen?
    Hunters didn't retain what they had, they lost Scatter Shot, Scare Beast and Silencing Shot. Hunters always countered melee, nothing truly changed here. What changed is that all those who used to play other ranged classes are very unsatisfied with how their old mains are looking after the pruning, so they reroll hunters en mass because their old mains suck ass in casual pvp now thanks to Holinka, and very very few actually play 3s where all classes are supposedly balanced.

Like I said, the problem is not that hunters are OP, the true problem is that all other ranged are shit.
    Last edited by mmocdb096be3da; 2015-05-11 at 09:16 AM.

I quit my warlock that i mained since a bit before tbc to boost a hunter to lvl 90 because i only pvp casualy, I like ranged dps and i do it to have fun, not frustration (I already have a job, don't need a second, tyvm).
    Casters counter hunters, but since melee trample on them so hard they are rare. Probably many of those players who had casters now have hunters for the same reasons I have one now.

I know I kept my Warlock for PVE and changed to my Hunter for PVP. I wanted to PVP on my Lock, but I just felt like I was easy honor. I changed to my Hunter and it almost feels faceroll in comparison. No. Really.

It's a result of hunters being able to move and dps at the same time. It should have been anticipated.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Mhmmm a guy complaining about disparity of classes in a random battleground...AMAZING! seen it all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    It should have been anticipated.
    I did, that's why i didn't even level my warlock nor any other caster.
    Last edited by tmtb; 2015-05-11 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    The same is true for any other class, though. You got a few people who are good and the vast majority doesn't have a clue how to play. That's random BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I don't even want to complain about how strong Hunters are. I do however want to comlpain about how Hunters are destroying the fun in a BG with their huge numbers.

All I see are dozens of pets, barrages and traps everywhere >.>

How about a cap on the max number of Hunters?
    All I have time for are random bgs now, and I hardly see hunters. If I do, they just rerolled and don't know how to play. Hunter is pretty easy to kill if you actually took the time to learn other classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I know I kept my Warlock for PVE and changed to my Hunter for PVP. I wanted to PVP on my Lock, but I just felt like I was easy honor. I changed to my Hunter and it almost feels faceroll in comparison. No. Really.

It's a result of hunters being able to move and dps at the same time. It should have been anticipated.
    Destro is really good in group pvp, affliction is amazing all around and so is demo. I've played all 3 specs this season and it's not as bad as you put it. Sure, 1v1 lock isn't a god anymore, but they're not shit either. People switch to fotm classes because they can't be bothered to learn their own class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r1dik View Post
    Destro is really good in group pvp, affliction is amazing all around and so is demo. I've played all 3 specs this season and it's not as bad as you put it. Sure, 1v1 lock isn't a god anymore, but they're not shit either. People switch to fotm classes because they can't be bothered to learn their own class.
    Lock and shadow priest are especially shit at pvp outside 3s. All it takes is a melee with a clue, probably not ret paladin, and you're locked down 24/7 and can't do shit, especially destro.

I still do not understand how anyone can complain about a class in Random BGs as no matter what the class, 9/10 they are bad players. If youre struggling in randoms the problem isnt the crazy number of Hunters, the problem is you.

I play MM hunter and DK, both fully geared, and there is no question that my hunter is more effective in bgs. Nothing much can survive an opening with crows, aimed shot into chimera shot into barrage, which usually puts them into kill shot range. I also have more cc and if I get into trouble I have the tools to escape from most classes.

That said, I don't think a skilled and geared hunter is much worse than a skilled or geared player of any other class. It's quite common to see spriests on top of the board if they are not getting locked down. Hunters might be fotm but bgs are not unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Mhmmm a guy complaining about disparity of classes in a random battleground...AMAZING! seen it all now.
    I faced an RBG with 6 hunters, 1 warrior and 3 healers. Couldnt even get past mid in WSG with all the conc shot if you try to get close, disengage as soon as you got close + traps if you managed to get through the gauntlet. Focus fire burst from 40 yards away while your more balanced comp has maybe 3-4 ranged, with melee being useless. It's not just in randoms where hunters are OP

Stealth? Na - 6 flares.
    Go around? Na - traps on ramp too