Thread: Quick Cast

Quick Cast

I recently enabled quick cast and I must say, I very much enjoy it. Hardly ever miss Nova snipes anymore and the Kerrigan combo and Murky pain train are much easier to pull off. Haven't found any downsides to it yet, anyone else try it and have a reason not to use it?

Quick cast? This is new to me. What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Quick cast? This is new to me. What is it?
    It's a toggle in the option menu that makes it so that spells instantly go off on where you hover your cursor rather than pressing your spell first turning into a targeting procedure.

It has ups and downs......Personally I prefer not to use it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Oh man I must have turned it on day 1 I forgot this was even an option.

Seriously, you need to use it. Like, there is no argument to not using it. It increases your speed in doing everything. Not using it is intentionally gimping yourself; there really is nothing else to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Hmm, maybe I'll try it out. I sometimes use the reticle thingy to line up a shot and wait though, or to see my character coast into range of a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah imo it is mandatory in mobas. Some skills you still want to manually aim, but since mobas are all about split second reaction times smart casting is the difference between winning and losing.

For me this option is nice for skillshots like Nova snipe but its annoying for aoe attacks like Tassadar storm, because you usually want to hit most targets with it so the aiming reticule is nice for that. But for a hero like Nova its pretty awesome and it gets much easier to hit moving targets with snipe.

Deleted
    I use it because I find it alot easier to combo spells. The only downside is that it is very easy to "missclick" and waste your ultimate or other spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really miss using Shift + Key to have a Quick Cast from League. I tend to aim certain spells while others, I would rather have them on quick cast.

I've used smartcast in league since like forever, but for some reason i still haven't started using it in hots. I probably should now that i think of it. Will be even easier to chase with illidan now.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a third option as well, I forget what it's called at the moment but it's basically a blend of normal and quick casting. Tapping your button fires a quick cast. Holding it brings up the target indicator and casts on release.

This means you can have Quick Cast but still have the option of checking the targetting - most notably seeing if somebody is actually in range of your ability or if it will fall just short, or seeing the limits available for Falstad Fly or Abathur mines etc. Also handy for when you're trying to squeeze shots in between minions to ensure you have enough room and won't clip one, or if you're waiting in ambush and have the time to ensure your shot lines up perfectly.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Just gave this a shot with Valla and holy shit does it make playing the game more enjoyable!
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?