Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Games in solo queue QM where everyone seems to know the game are down to about 1 out of 5 since open beta, which I find weird since keys were so easy to find. Maybe it's the mental barrier of needing a code for access that stopped people. I assume the same barrier should exist for beta. For example when hearthstone was launched as someone who didn't play the beta I remember thinking "Oh, I guess I should check that game out now..."

So I expect it should get worse next week, hurray!

My team with two new players almost won a game against a team that clearly knew what they were doing and got 100% of the tributes, just last night. At first we had two people pushing bot during tribute and I asked them nicely to help us get tribute. No reply. Later same old thing instead of raging I just asked if everyone was a new player. One of them responded it was his 2nd game. It was obvious by that point he wasn't clearly connecting the mini map/ping sounds/on screen messages quite yet, so I didn't even bother talking the rest of the match.

Almost winning in that scenario felt better than actually winning does most of the time.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Azmodan can spec Healing Ward.
    True, but Healing Wards are really weak now after the patch (coincidentally Azmodan is probably the best hero at KILLING Healing Wards, he can just dunk once and take it out).

Not many Azmos go HW. I only ever took in in a situation where our team had 0 supports but the enemy had one (or more). But ever since they made it match support vs support or none at all....I rarely see the need (especially since his dunk talents are so much better).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    True, but Healing Wards are really weak now after the patch (coincidentally Azmodan is probably the best hero at KILLING Healing Wards, he can just dunk once and take it out).

Not many Azmos go HW. I only ever took in in a situation where our team had 0 supports but the enemy had one (or more). But ever since they made it match support vs support or none at all....I rarely see the need (especially since his dunk talents are so much better).
    No one should take Healing Ward anymore imho. Before the dunk stack farming build was popular on Azmodan, Healing Ward was actually pretty good on him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    No one should take Healing Ward anymore imho. Before the dunk stack farming build was popular on Azmodan, Healing Ward was actually pretty good on him though.

HW still has it's use, but you can't use it mid team fight anymore....more you set it up outside the fight as an emergency heal area.

I honestly think they are going to increase it's health a tad in a patch if they see a lot of people stop taking it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

HW still has it's use, but you can't use it mid team fight anymore....more you set it up outside the fight as an emergency heal area.

I honestly think they are going to increase it's health a tad in a patch if they see a lot of people stop taking it.
    That pretty much makes it useless since you sacrifice other talents to take something like that. Pretty much all heroes who took it have to give up either Protective Shield or the newly buffed Promote, so you'd be absolutely crazy to take Healing Ward over those.

HW works great on dumb pugs... the number of times I've had to yell at my team to shoot the damn thing instead of wailing on a warrior or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    HW works great on dumb pugs... the number of times I've had to yell at my team to shoot the damn thing instead of wailing on a warrior or something...
    They can be hit by AoEs now. Most of the time they die just because of the normal fighting around them...

Healing wards aren't as bad as people think, especially in quick matches, they just added some skill to using them. Before you just chucked it into the middle of the bullshit so no one could AA it and let it work. Now you have to place it strategically so it won't be in the way of AOE but still in range to heal people. Off to the side, a bit more back, or where your ranged will most likely kite enemies. I still take it on Tass most of the time and it works pretty well (most of that tier sucks except oracle CD against zera/nova, or reinforce on haunted mines).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

They can be hit by AoEs now. Most of the time they die just because of the normal fighting around them...
    Smart healers drop them behind their hero ball or somewhere relatively safe though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Healing wards aren't as bad as people think, especially in quick matches, they just added some skill to using them. Before you just chucked it into the middle of the bullshit so no one could AA it and let it work. Now you have to place it strategically so it won't be in the way of AOE but still in range to heal people. Off to the side, a bit more back, or where your ranged will most likely kite enemies. I still take it on Tass most of the time and it works pretty well (most of that tier sucks except oracle CD against zera/nova, or reinforce on haunted mines).
    Promote is godly now, no way you should take HW over Promote.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's so Odd, I can go 7 wins in a row one day, the next day is 7 losses. I rarely ever get a 50/50 ration for win:losses in a session and get them in groups of either.

90% of my wins tend to happen when I play Zagara though. I play a mean Zagara. usually Top Hero/Siege damage and exp. Best Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Smart healers drop them behind their hero ball or somewhere relatively safe though.
    And that's why I play Azmo....there is no safe place to drop a HW when Azmodan is around.....

Carries are happening pretty often in QM both teams are just bad enough to let an experienced player really abuse their enemy.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Carries are happening pretty often in QM both teams are just bad enough to let an experienced player really abuse their enemy.
    Yeah...been having a blast with Murky. Play him right and the new players have no clue what to do to counter the little bugger.
    (seriously, I even saw some of them WALK UP TO MY EGG and ignore it. They probably had no idea what that "thing" was in the bush!)