Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    When the fun is gone then so am i.

Unless there was another mmo I wanted to play, I think when the time comes for me to stop my current mmo would be when I'm kicked out of the guild. I'd probably take my characters to where I want them to retire and just log out and not touch an mmo again.

Deleted
    Well...
    ... I'm new in this forum, but I went through a lot of games.

Sometimes you play because you've friends that asked you to, and if you didn't like the game that much you'll probably stops playing as soon as your friends do. Sometimes a game is just too repetitive, and this usually happens with MMOs: new update, new stuff... but no real game changes, and after a while you're quite tired of the same stuff. MMOs are all quite alike however, so you might be just tired of that kind of gameplay and aim to something else.
    And sometimes you still like the game but just think you also want to see something new instead of living in the same fantasy world.

I played on Aion because of friends and loved the open PVP, but left when I got bored after two years; joined Rift when Aion friends went there but without playing that much (the game is okay, I was just tired of MMOs), and tried SWTOR because of the setting but I'll probably leave it as soon as I won't be able to find decent RP anymore.

So, you just need to understand what's fun to you.

There is like a checklist of when a game is taking a nose dive into the grave

- Ignoring feedback, or strongly going against what the feedback almost unanimously agreed upon. Check (Ability Pruning, Removal of Dailies, Ashran and more)
    - No longer releasing content for major patches, or releasing content that should have been in the release of the initial expansion at a much, much later date (Firelands, Blackrock Foundry, Tanaan, Heirloom Tab)
    - When the vast majority of your playerbase is doing nothing but sitting in their garrison talking in guild chat (if max level) while waiting on raids to reset
    - When servers reset on tuesday/wednesday and you have 'nothing to do' by wednesday / thursday. (this is a big one, it shows clear lack of content. It has happened during every 'down' period in wow, namely Firelands Patch, 6.1 and 4.3.
    - When they start removing complexity at every turn, even if it was artificial complexity such as the old talent system. You still have idiots current day picking awful, awful talents (which shouldn't even exist right now, with so few choices.) there is no reason to remove them, and this again goes back to point 1. ignoring feedback and peeing against the wind

Deleted
    If I'm not looking forward to logging on and playing a game then I don't, it's that simple. I don't think there are any specific definitions to it. I've played - and am not currently actively playing many MMOs, from Runescape to Everquest to Ultima Online, to 7 years of WoW, to GW2, Wildstar and ESO with a bunch of brief free to play games in between. I don't think that stopping playing an MMO requires much drama to it or for the company to be "failing me" in some specific way. When it's not fun to log on I don't, when a new game comes out I give that a try instead.

Biggest factors are usually value for money (if a game is subscription based), friends who are playing, lack of fun (for me), content (this does not necesarily mean raids for me).