Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    See no it doesn't. I'm not in favor of more division within the gamr. It strikes me that the game stops being an mmo and simple becomes whatever little flavored piece on content you like. If people want to dungeon for tier pieces let them. If it means people stop raiding or opt out of that them face up to it and stop making raids.

Have everything reward valor. Dungeons, raids, dailies, hell have fishing award some as well. Use that currency to purchase gear, the same gear. Not raid gear for Jimmy or dungeon gear for Timmy. If people want to fish their way to gear I don't care. Just stop.funneling people into one form of content by removing the reward from another. It's super lame. It's made the entire game a hollow shell empty as hell.
    But that's the problem we have presently. They got rid of that barrier, and now we have WoD where people can technically absorb all of the content in no time if they play enough. Gold needs to be split off from purchasing gear. I didn't mind Valor, like, at all.

I think we're actually agreed on this but I just presented it in an odd way, because everything you just said I actually agree with lol. My bad man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bench333 View Post
    Completely wrong. Quite the opposite in fact. Dungeons are multiplayer. Dungeons died in MoP by having them completely farmed-out by overgeared players grinding them for Honor, Heirloom, and item level upgrades.

You seem to forget that a game is something people do for fun. The majority of players actually aren't represented by the small minority of zombies who live to farm everything to death so long as there's some kind of reward at the end.

Actually the majority of players are completely turned off by the idea of "grinding" and sitting through braindead content - which is frankly all that MoP had to offer the majority of its players, and is all that WoD has to offer them too right now.

Let's be clear here. 80% of the playerbase will never have a character in full Heroic Raid gear, so there will be no shortage of players who will want to get 685/700 gear from the mythic dungeons.

Incentivising that small minority of players with some braindead farm to get heirlooms/honor/etc just puts the game right back into the abysmal state it was in during MoP, whereby the majority of players still have no meaningful gameplay, and no multiplayer.

Again, if you want to be incentivised to do some faceroll content which you can mindlessly farm in your elite Heroic/Mythic gear then that's fine - the game can have other content like that for people who want that; that could be where Blizzard might want to think about bringing back the instanced Scenarios which don't require a tank/healer.

You need to realise that your personal preferences and playstyle aren't reflected across the broad spectrum of WoW's players. There are people who don't raid but still actually play the game for fun; WoW is literally a single-player experience for those people right now. Those players shouldn't be deprived of gameplay just because a small minority of heroic/mythic raiders want to spend their time in the game farming currency.
    Like conpared to in WoD, where dungeons are completely dead and abandoned and noone cares shit about it? So basically kill a content to satisfy tiny minority of players to have "fun"?

Of and by the way people still faceroll dungeons in ilvl 700 gear nowadays too.

So tell me how dungeons can be "relevant" without rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    The badge system should definitely be re-implemented. The problem here is that Blizzard wants to justify the creation of raid environments to investors, so they tried to make LFR as appealing as possible, leaving dungeons forgotten.

However, there is potential for a system where dungeons can be relevant, while players also get to see the raids and even run them regularly. What I would do is remove two of the current raid difficulties to narrow the gear gap and avoid repetition of content (Most likely heroic and the current implementation of LFR). I would also add two different currencies for the non-hardcores to play with, let's call them justice points and valor points for convenience.

Justice points would be obtainable from world content and dungeons. They would be spent on gear that is slightly worse than normal raiding gear of the current tier. However, Justice points would only buy jewelry and armor. Valor points would be used to puchase the equivalent weapons and trinkets. Valor points would be obtained from the new LFR system. The new LFR system would essentially be an LFG tool to find a group for the normal mode raid of the previous tier, this way players will also get to see previous raids. Maybe we could make this system even better by scaling all previous raids of the expansion to the level of normal of the previous tier, that way there would be more variety. As for the final raid of an expansion, it would become available for LFR during the long gap between expansions, along with gear that is slightly worse than mythic.

I should also add that I hate the welfare legendaries. I'm not even close to hardcore, but they strike me the wrong way for many reasons. For one, they have become a requirement that needs too much grinding instead of a bonus. Another reason is because they felt more legendary when they were weapons and you could actually see them being wielded. I seriously wouldn't mind only the elite getting them if that got rid of these problems. With my suggestions everyone would end up having decent gear anyway.
    Last edited by mmocae49c451bc; 2015-05-19 at 05:00 AM.

The badge/emblem system worked great for 4 expansions, and gave people a reason to help lowbie geared fresh max level players gear up while having fun trouncing 5mans.

Yes, I said fun trouncing 5mans. It was like zen/relaxing/sweet to just blow through a 5man dungeon and grab some rewards, although many MMO-C elitist types would whine about how heroics really weren't "heroic." Then they implemented challenge modes, which solved that problem.

The lack of valor/justice type rewards was a design mistake in my opinion, of which blizzard has seemed to make mistakes in almost every area of WOW this expansion.

Well, if they tied it only to raids and not dungeons or LFR, it would be a good incentive.

But with garrison caches and bonus rolls it's already a joke to gear these days. Gearing has never been easier.

Not sure there is a point for gear outside of raids.

Deleted
    I can't see why not. It was nice and sweet in wotlk, if you wanted to gear an alt just spam heroic dungeons for an evening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Like conpared to in WoD, where dungeons are completely dead and abandoned and noone cares shit about it? So basically kill a content to satisfy tiny minority of players to have "fun"?
    Have you seen the 6.2 patch notes? I doubt that the mythic dungeons will be dead or abandoned - there are no valor points anywhere to be seen however.

The 5+ million players wearing LFR gear will have plenty of reason to run them if they want to. The players wearing Heroic or Mythic raid gear probably won't, however.

Of and by the way people still faceroll dungeons in ilvl 700 gear nowadays too.
    I'm sure some do, not a significant number however. Certainly nowhere near the number of overgeared players who were facerolling the MoP dungeons every week.

So tell me how dungeons can be "relevant" without rewards.
    Try reading what i've posted perhaps, and you'll notice that I said the opposite. The thread is about valor points (and specifically the MoP valor points), it's not about rewards.

I said in my previous post that dungeons need rewards which do not incentivise players who outgear them - in the case of 6.2 that will only be those in heroic/mythic raid gear.

Again, the problem with valor in MoP was the Heirlooms/Honor/voidbinder upgrades, and also the fact that the dungeons were undertuned from the outset.
    Last edited by mmoc2462c4a12d; 2015-05-20 at 08:32 AM.