How to get around this? (Gold token issue)

Here's the deal:

I want to borrow gold from my friend, buy a wow token and then farm the gold back for my friend. The problem is, my wow account is frozen and I don't have enough gold on it (I have about 4k on my main, spent all my bank stupidly ). Is there ANY way without actually paying any real life money to get around this? As far as I know, tokens can't be gifted and I think I can't receive any gold when in "starter edition" account mode.

Would be grateful for any ideas.

Sincerely,
    WoW junkie on withdrawal.

There is not a chance you will convince a Blizzard employee to get your friend to pay for your sub.

That is a can of worms that probably makes most GMs fall to their knees and shake just thinking about.

Won't happen. Sorry. Pay for the subscription as normal, farm the gold and then carry on from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    There is not a chance you will convince a Blizzard employee to get your friend to pay for your sub.

That is a can of worms that probably makes most GMs fall to their knees and shake just thinking about.
    Yeah I figured that out. I hoped I can redeem the 7 free days from the old WoD promotion but my account is apparently not eligible... :/ I guess I'll have to pay up

You will play more than one month I guess? Then buy a single month gamecard. You can't be that broke that you can't afford a single month. If you are - you shouldn't focus on playing WoW right now .

During that month you guys can do your gold trading thing for the next months.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Yeah I figured that out. I hoped I can redeem the 7 free days from the old WoD promotion but my account is apparently not eligible... :/ I guess I'll have to pay up
    I wouldn't fully agree with that.

GMs are kind and have gifted me things that weren't unreasonable, last I remember I wanted to transfer to play with my friends, even in 6.0+ fully CRZ world era and had not the cash, but yet I was gifted said transfer (granted they like 'veterans' more) so I don't know about you but try opening a ticket and explain your situation.

Just basically say your friend miscalculated your play time, you really don't have any money and you don't want to waste their time but it would be very very kind of them to gift you one day of World of Warcraft so he can have you running up again with a Token which you would otherwise be unable to play without.

There's like 80% chance they'll grant some wishes if you don't overdo them (too soon, too big. etc) and that one seems pretty simple, plus the Token is their new thing and it leaves more money than a Sub so I'd assume it's in their interest for you to buy them, also.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2015-05-10 at 11:55 AM.

Try asking customer support for a day of free game time and then let your friend give you the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Try asking customer support for a day of free game time and then let your friend give you the gold.
    Yup, this works. Also, check if you have a free trial available, that works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Can confirm that they will give you a day, ESPECIALLY if you call phone support (they've always been super awesome in contrast to the [usually awful] ticket system/GMs). They gave me a day on my second account just so I could transfer gold over to it to buy a token! I called asking if I could use a token on a RAF account to get the rewards, but asked them how I could transfer the gold while it's frozen. Rather than having a smart system [e.g., uses gold in your mailbox as well to buy tokens], they just gave me a free day to transfer gold over from my main account.

PS for the future: You can buy a token on a Level 1-20 character and then redeem it in the (distant) future at any time because Level 1-20 characters are free to play, even if your account is frozen.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    PS for the future: You can buy a token on a Level 1-20 character and then redeem it in the (distant) future at any time because Level 1-20 characters are free to play, even if your account is frozen.
    No need. If you have a token on one of your chars and you got no game time the system will ask you if you want to use the token on of your chars in the character screen.