Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

6.2 Legendary ring concerns

http://www.wowhead.com/news=247508/6...-ring-concerns

They know that people aren't happy with it but blizz don't give a f*ck -_-

you're concerns are noted and disregarded. Like seriously it something different god forbid something unique comes along.

Just read the blue response entirely 100% accurate.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2015-05-11 at 12:01 AM.

Anyone got a better sugestion for the ring proc?

This may seem random but have they said anything about the DPS ring explosion's threat? I was reading through their example about Thogar and the Man at Arms add wave, thought it would be funny if the explosion applied threat to the DPS themselves, and realized I wasn't sure of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    This may seem random but have they said anything about the DPS ring explosion's threat? I was reading through their example about Thogar and the Man at Arms add wave, thought it would be funny if the explosion applied threat to the DPS themselves, and realized I wasn't sure of the answer.
    Even if it does, a tank shouldn't have too much trouble with taunting

The real problem is the LFR trolls, the legendary ring will only be a stat stick in lfr because you can bet your arms some kid will use the ring on the elevator boss...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post

The real problem is the LFR trolls, the legendary ring will only be a stat stick in lfr because you can bet your arms some kid will use the ring on the elevator boss...
    You don't need this ring in LFR. LFR players shouldn't be even getting such a powerful tool. This ring is just that - a tool for progressing the bosses on high difficulties. Worked out with legendaries in the past. Rogues had their daggers in DS, they weren't obtainable through LFR. Anybody complained? Maybe the PvPers because they felt forced to raid... but that's an entire different concern. From PvE standpoint nobody complained that you cannot get it via LFR only.

With a multitude of adds it could present a problem for some tanks. Monks can just taunt off our statue every 8 seconds but a Prot Warrior's banner is on a 3m cooldown.

So I assume they haven't said anything about it yet?

People bitch about fucking anything. Seriously, theres people threatening to unsub because shadow priests will need a glyph to make their mount look shadowy in 6.2.

What exactly are you expecting OP? Them to scrap it at the first voice of concern? Them to completely change it or somehow balance it to be exactly the same for every spec? (Next thread, OP moans about homogenization!)

Seriously, let them just try something oddball without dramatizing it as if its the end of the world.

I'm not a huge fan of the Ring design, it takes what was simply a powerful item for your character, in to a necessary part of progression. It's not really fun, because they either design the fight around having it and using it properly (meaning another thing to coordinate) or not having it and using it correctly (those who do get a massive boost).

I get that they're trying to be creative, but I'm far from 'excited' to finish my ring off I suppose.

I'm just going to macro it. Screw everyone else.

Deleted
    i have only 1 fear - this willbring in huge im balange to the dps numbers between classeswhich benefit from the on pull BL/burst phase while classes which dont exel at it will be much much less desired probably ignored when making team compositions. Same will be with classes whichhavestrickly 2 minute cds - much more beneficial to raid then those with 3-5 minute.

all this speak about "you gonanue it during specific phases" it nice and sexy but most of time bl will be used on pull.

i think its fun idea but will be terrible with execution andtuning of classes acordingly correckly.

The vast majority of people in LFR won't even have it. That's going to be the main reason people even do LFR, to get that ring without raiding higher difficulties and then once they get the ring there is no motivation to do LFR anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    With a multitude of adds it could present a problem for some tanks. Monks can just taunt off our statue every 8 seconds but a Prot Warrior's banner is on a 3m cooldown.

So I assume they haven't said anything about it yet?
    Thunderclap...

well. the raid wide procc is garbage. i already hate it with a burning passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    You don't need this ring in LFR. LFR players shouldn't be even getting such a powerful tool. This ring is just that - a tool for progressing the bosses on high difficulties. Worked out with legendaries in the past. Rogues had their daggers in DS, they weren't obtainable through LFR. Anybody complained? Maybe the PvPers because they felt forced to raid... but that's an entire different concern. From PvE standpoint nobody complained that you cannot get it via LFR only.
    Oh boo fecking hoo, the poor pathetic proles are pilfering my power, Papa!

I never complained about the Rogue legendary daggers being unobtainable through LFR because I was a Warrior in a 10-man Heroic raiding guild at the time. Now, my guild has died because lolMythic and all I do is LFR, and you'd bet I'd complain if I couldn't get a Legendary expansion-spanning ring because some special snowflake screamed sacrilege suspecting shitty subpar scrublords of sapping their super signet.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Thunderclap...
    Monks can statue taunt every 8 second, AND they have Keg Smash. Doesn't change the CD on taunt banner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Yeah, it's pretty funny. I think this is awesome design, except for the explosion being a little too OP. Like seriously, I looked at our raids, and calculated that even with no coordinated CD usage to pad the explosion damage, Flamebender's adds would go from 100 to 30 instantly. But as far as the damage buff, thinking it will only be used on CD is pretty misguided. If raids (other than LFR, which I am totally happy to ignore) are making the decision to use in on CD instead of saving for important adds, phase transitions, or whatever, then those raids need to question their decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty funny. I think this is awesome design, except for the explosion being a little too OP. Like seriously, I looked at our raids, and calculated that even with no coordinated CD usage to pad the explosion damage, Flamebender's adds would go from 100 to 30 instantly. But as far as the damage buff, thinking it will only be used on CD is pretty misguided. If raids (other than LFR, which I am totally happy to ignore) are making the decision to use in on CD instead of saving for important adds, phase transitions, or whatever, then those raids need to question their decision making.
    what, wiping to stone pillars? better pop all my cds on pull to pad meters

They played the "interesting design/thematically appropriate" card way too hard. Despite their insistence, it's not really a more interesting design than just whacking a % buff on a player permanently, and their thematic reasoning is bogus and sounds like something they came up with just as they started writing the post as a part of their justification. Not to mention that the significant way in which the ring is tied to the "you're totally THE commander" story is is thematically prohibitive to there being multiple of them.

Also, their handwave of the whole "people would much rather take someone with a ring than without" concern is terrible. It doesn't matter how the content is tuned. Where group makeup is considered, it's going to have that divisive effect even if it isn't make or break.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2015-05-11 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    They played the "interesting design/thematically appropriate" card way too hard. Despite their insistence, it's not really a more interesting design than just whacking a % buff on a player permanently, and their thematic reasoning is bogus and sounds like something they came up with just as they started writing the post as a part of their justification. Not to mention that the significant way in which the ring is tied to the "you're totally THE commander" story is is thematically prohibitive to there being multiple of them.
    ya, i dont like the whole raid activation thing by one player. not to mention the idea itself. it just feels like in the hands of a great leader and guild, this will be very useful and since blizz is giving it, they might tune the raids a bit to hard, to where other such guilds might have a hard time utilizing it to its best such as fox, amp, bops, etc. im not saying hey dont do it. just saying its problem not a good idea