Deleted

BH MM P3 dps problems

Hey everyone,

Recently went on BH MM with my guild for the first time (got there recently) and I only had 6 pulls on the boss before the down (yep got totally PL I know).

My guild seemed pretty satisfied with my dps / balconies clear. However I was not, it seems that my P3 dps is really really low compared to what my class can do.

Logs of my last phase : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...YbNk64#phase=3

As you can see, 44k dps... Whereas the other warlock in my guild (who has stoped raiding) was at 56k dps on this part of the fight last week. He has a bit more stuff but that doesn't explain 10k difference. Logs of HIS last phase : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&phase=3

The order of my DS : one on the pull / one in transition to clear the east balcony / one in mid p2 for soulfires dump / one on the 6th smash to clear the east balcony / remains one for p3.

Any tips ? Explanations ? Can a pro log analyzer tell me what I m missing ? ^^.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by mmocd906c32dbd; 2015-05-11 at 01:02 PM.

i had a quick look at your logs, they seem to start like 5 mins in, not sure if I'm tripping or something but yea not much i can tell you from what i saw. a full log would help
    Last edited by Pherox; 2015-05-11 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Grammar

Deleted
    He linked the P3 filter, wtf man.

Bad Doomguard, not lined up with your proccs/cd. Look at the difference with your mate.
    Also he lined up his DS/pot with Heroism, while you lost 1/3 on the bloodlust.

The P3 damage is all about the heroism/DS/pot phase. If you find the way to have HoG x2 + full fury dump on this phase, its GG. (and ofc RNG with Oregorger trinket and stuff, but yea...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically comes down to what callmenota said. You want to do your best to have 2 x DS, 2 stack of HoG, fresh DoTs, Pot, Bloodlust, Service, 800+ Fury all lined up when the boss hits 20%. I've watched some top Warlock streams and their overall dps goes up ~5k in that phase.

10+ Year Old Account

Some pretty legit uptimes for your other warlock in P3. Your uptimes were pretty high too, though mainly the difference is some glaring errors you made. With your last and only Dark Soul in P3 you did not use Grimoire of Service. You should always pair DS + Pot with your last grimoire on this fight. If it's still on CD from the previous phase you will need to hold it if you are looking to maximize P3 damage. During your last Dark Soul you also stop to reapply Doom (which should never be done during DS). You also stop to re-apply corruption while Howling Soul + Pot are active, costing you a Soul Fire (another large no-no). You should also lead into your Dark Souls with a 2x HoG stack OR cast Chaos Wave during Dark Soul (ideally both if you plan charges correctly).

I don't think the problem was just "line up your doomguard with your DS". Your main mistake was that you delayed your previous grimoires for too long making it not ready for the BL + 20% when you want to pop every CD, so basically: be strict with using it off cd every time and u should have it ready appropriately for when you want to use it in the last phase. Otherwise what Furty said is correct, if it happens to not be ready you need to hold your cds + pot together for it.

I'd stay away from using Demonic Leap if you have Demonic Portal available.

You can go into last phase with higher fury to push an extra spender phase with any excess MC procs you would have before reaching 25%.

"one in mid p2 for soulfires dump" I'd skip this DS and save it for last phase or use it in the first phase.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2015-05-12 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah I supposed that the main reason why I was underperforming was that I didn't line up everything in p3, I still did with pot + BL tho. 6 pulls in not that much to get the timings right ^^.

I ll skip the soulfires dump under DS in phase 2 even If I m stacking 2 charges for 1 min more or less (phase 2 is pretty fast in my guild anyway). Before the transition from p2 to p3 I need to use one DS in order to clean the balcony on the 6th smash (or maybe I won t do it, on my only down the Boss was at 32 % hps....I think I ll just take the smash to soak the damages but go down asap).
    So I ll transition into phase 3 with one DS and one 2 mins later If I clean this damn balcony. P3 is about 2 min 30/40 long so I can spend the full BL under DS If I have 2 DS charges.

And yeah I delayed my previous grimoires for 4/5s each and it was up after BL was down when had 10 % hps :x, pretty gross. Made a big weak aura for it, sometimes I don t press it instant.
    However full fight was 7:19s long, with a BL at 6:10 (after 2nd smash) that is one guard on pull, one at 2:00, one at 4:00 and then 10s delay for the 4th guard in a perfect world/

Also need to manage my fury more effectively in order to be - as you guys said - full fury with 2 hoG charges around 6:00 waiting for BL, and then drop aggressively DS + pot + service and begin the spam SF + CW. Should I TOC in order to refresh corruption or is it a fury waste ?

Thanks for your advices all u pro logs reader (except for the 1st one to reply xD). I don t have a clue how U guys did see all that I surely need to learn how to use perfectly WoL asap (got any tutorials ? :-O), that s weird that I reached this level without dis knowledge (got PLed tho).