Brawler's Guild Ahoo'ru fight as Windwalker, tips?

This fight is just getting to be too much for me. I'm at 666 ilvl and I just cannot kill this boss. Everything up to this point was a complete joke but now it feels legitimately impossible to beat this enrage timer. I've tried it with a ton of different talent setups and nothing is working. How did you guys beat this fucker? I'm ripping out my hair

I don't play a WW monk, but just by knowing the class, this should be stupidly easy for you? You can easily cleave all 3 angels and have a TON of time for the boss himself. There are other classes that have it much harder and still manage.

The problem with cleaving these is your cleave is dependent upon Storm, Earth, and Fire. The clones draw aggro and die quickly to the angels, causing you to need to reapply them multiple times, it ends up being as fast or faster to just burst them individually.

Monks do excel at cleave damage, but not when their clones are tanking things.

edit: also if you don't have any actual advice other than "i dont play your class but you should have no problems cause fuck you" then why bother posting?

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice:

Use the Touch of Karma, Touch of Death, Floating Butterfly, and Blackout Kick glyph's (unless you need the healing) while running Tiger's Lust, Serenity, Xuen for added dps, Chi Burst or Chi Wave for quick healing, Chi Brew, and Diffuse Magic. Doable without the glyph of ToD to sub in Zen Meditation but it's mainly for killing quickly. Edit: Ahoo'ru quickly, not the adds.

Save Serenity and Xuen for when he's out and make sure to have at least 1 charge of Chi Brew going into that phase.

Also, be sure to put Transcendence down somewhere close by in case things get a bit hairy and when he does the orbs to teleport out as to not get the debuff from them - close by so you don't lose dps uptime with him running across the arena or chance he casts his heal and your too far out to interrupt.

Zen Meditation is your friend BUT do not use it when the angels are charging, learned that the hard way even with the glyph.

You can cheese Touch of Karma a bit by activating 2 angels and popping it on one then fighting the other and running into the bad but it gets a bit risky.

A bit iffy on SEF, I tried a couple of times and found that they were dpsing too hard and pushing them into charging before I was ready but that was with 691 ilvl so it should be different in your case.
    Last edited by Ryuutora; 2015-05-11 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Meaning

Not sure if this still works, and maybe you're already doing it, but I used to stack Tigerseye Brew to 20 before entering the arena with Chi Brew. Made all of the DPS checks a joke. I'd say definitely Xuen/Serenity for the actual boss and don't forget to use a potion. I used Diffuse/Zen Med to roll/run straight to the next angel without worrying about the light spawns.

Personally I did all of the Brawler's bosses as a Brewmaster. It made it all laughable bar this guy, was quite a sketchy kill.
    I'd say opt for anything you can activate on use on the boss - like Xuen, Serenity, Agi pot, active trinket etc etc. Try finishing the angel phase within 1:20 or so. 40 seconds should be more or less what you need for the boss with all cd's up.

A lil more damage squeeze on the boss when he gets activated you can do with popping 2-3 orbs instead of just one or instead of porting out of the circle, by popping touch of karma on the boss. Every bit helps. In the end use Fortifying brew to enlarge your health pool for a bigger ToD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Place a Transcendence marker before engaging this guy.

Phase 1: You can kill this guy without any set up. (no food/chi needed). I burned all my cd's to kill the angles as quick as I could. TOK comes up just before the fight ends so use it then too.

Diffuse is a good trick for this. You really need to push through the first phase. Once you get all 3 angles to charge at him then phase 2 of the fight is a joke.

During phase 2
    Use the transcendence you already set up and you'll kill him. Push as much dps as you can and get him to 10% for the win!
    Use the TOD glyph to ensure you can!

This is a very luck based encounter, if you get crappy spawns it ends quickly. Horde have better camera angles (I'm alliance)

Quote Originally Posted by Hnikar View Post
    Place a Transcendence marker before engaging this guy.

Phase 1: You can kill this guy without any set up. (no food/chi needed). I burned all my cd's to kill the angles as quick as I could. TOK comes up just before the fight ends so use it then too.

Diffuse is a good trick for this. You really need to push through the first phase. Once you get all 3 angles to charge at him then phase 2 of the fight is a joke.

During phase 2
    Use the transcendence you already set up and you'll kill him. Push as much dps as you can and get him to 10% for the win!
    Use the TOD glyph to ensure you can!

This is a very luck based encounter, if you get crappy spawns it ends quickly. Horde have better camera angles (I'm alliance)
    Also alliance, and yea I noticed the camera angles are horrid for finding all the angels sometimes. I also noticed it was RNG, because when I ended up winning the fight was when they all seemed to spawn right where I needed them to. I also was low in the gear department so I really badly needed the spawns to be perfect so I didn't hit the enrage when I started DPSing the boss.

Deleted
    managed to do it last expansion with ~520. Don't be afraid to use zen mediation glyph, ToK, FSK to get to an angel quicker. Start the fight with preferably 20 stacks, buffs and potion and your portal up. Use your first stacks of brew to kill the angels. Pop all cds, potion, brew, etc to nuke down the boss in P2. It will take a few tries. Most important part is to deal with the angels as quick as possible. If you fail 1 angel just die.