Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    No, my link (and quoted story excerpt in the OP) said the same thing his bolded Gothamist quote said.
    While it says that it leads way too much to be assumed. I quoted a quote direct from the Museum. It also clarifies that they didn't have enough chaperones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This isn't racism. It's kids behaving badly and not being able to go - they just happened to be black.
    I agree. And I think the accusation that Guggenheim was racist was racist toward blacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, my link (and quoted story excerpt in the OP) said the same thing his bolded Gothamist quote said.
    What do mean 'no'? Do you not see the quote in his article? I don't care that your link also includes what he quoted, it's everything that followed, including what you chose to bold, is just race bating.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. And I think the accusation that Guggenheim was racist was racist toward blacks.
    The story is manufactured... It's not real... There is no racism to bait...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What do mean 'no'? Do you not see the quote in his article?
    I meant "no" because it seemed like you were confusing the two of us. He said you can't trust the Mail and backed this up by bolding a line from the Gothamist. My story from the Mail said the same thing his story from the Gothamist that he bolded... and therefore didn't back up his assertion that the Mail wasn't to be trusted.

Assuming the entire class was in fact banned, I don't they should have been treated any different.
    No class has ever been completely banned... despite similar behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant "no" because it seemed like you were confusing the two of us. He said you can't trust the Mail and backed this up by bolding a line from the Gothamist. My story from the Mail said the same thing his story from the Gothamist that he bolded... and therefore didn't back up his assertion that the Mail wasn't to be trusted.
    My line from the Gothamist is from the Museum and it is more clear. Your mail leads with racism, when the Museum makes it clear that because they were rowdy and lacked the number of chaperones they wanted they were spoken to, which led to them leaving of their own accord. Just saying "they left of their own accord" and then were banned is wrong.

Your bolded line clearly says "banning" they weren't bloody banned.

Deleted
    Sounds like it was completely reasonable to ban them. There's too much pussyfooting around children these days

10+ Year Old Account
    The story is manufactured... It's not real... There is no racism to bait...
    The story is real, it's the accusations of racism that are manufactured and not real.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are just going to ignore the link he provided, because he didn't copy and paste the comment from Guggenheim to hold daily mail as the truth? Quit race bating...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    The Guggenheim is actually a really nice place.

Anyways, doesn't matter what color you are, if you're acting rowdy, get the fuck out.

Also eww daily mail. It's just a mess of bait.

Misleading title is misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    The story is real, it's the accusations of racism that are manufactured and not real.
    Then quit propogating it... Don't start threads over manufactured racism, bolding part that are not true... That's called race bating...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ife-rowdy.html

Disappointingly, but not surprisingly, the museum is being accused of racism...

Accusing the museum of racism because they held students who happened to be black to the same standards they would hold other students to seems a lot like what Michael Gerson called "the soft bigotry of diminished expectations." It is the idea that black students are somehow culturally or racially "rowdy" and that demanding that they conform to some societal norms of behavior is therefore "racist."
    The Daily Mail are lying out of their fucking asses on this one. Stop reading that bullshit. This is just another pathetic attempt at stirring up controversy where there is none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    My line from the Gothamist is from the Museum and it is more clear.
    I accept that... but both stories say the same thing. The museum says they left on their own and weren't banned for life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I accept that... but both stories say the same thing. The museum says they left on their own and weren't banned for life.
    No, you even bolded the part where it is lying they were banned for life. You chose to bold that part to bring attention to what is a lie...

10+ Year Old Account
    Then quit propogating it...
    It's a lead in to the topic I ended the OP with... the soft bigotry of diminished expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you even bolded the part where it is lying they were banned for life.
    I bolded the headline because headlines get bolded. Please stop with your accusations of race baiting.

bitches need to learn to behave regardless of colour. banning the whole group seems a bit heavy handed vs just the problem kids. Id hate to deny anyone to see stuff in a museum just people that cant appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    bitches need to learn to behave regardless of colour. banning the whole group seems a bit heavy handed vs just the problem kids. Id hate to deny anyone to see stuff in a museum just people that cant appreciate it.
    They weren't banned, that's just a lie the mail told.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lead in to the topic I ended the OP with... the soft bigotry of diminished expectations.
    Your topic is now based on a lie...

I bolded the headline because headlines get bolded. Please stop with your accusations of race baiting.
    Stop posting click bait articles, where the bait is race and I won't call it race bait. As is, you are using race bait as a basis for soft bigotry of diminished expectations, to instead show how people will defend lies that serve their view point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    Do not fall for the bait, no one was banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They weren't banned, that's just a lie the mail told.
    Except the story states that Guggenheim representatives state they weren't banned. Both sides of the story are represented in the body of the story.

Except the story states that Guggenheim representatives state they weren't banned. Both sides of the story are represented in the body of the story.
    Then the Museum states that you weren't banned in the media to set the record straight, you aren't banned. They were made aware of the issue, and left.