Deleted

I bought CPU in Sweden

I'm doing a rebuild of my rig. I live in the UK. It is impossible to buy CPU here in stores - preorder online is the only way to buy. I do not have the patience to wait 3 days for my i7 4ghz. So, I booked flight from London to Stockholm and return in the same day. I took off at 7am got to Stockholm at 11am their time and walked down master erick street from the Atlanta express to ignet pc store. I got their at like 12 noon... A guy who looked like a Viking served me and I gave him 3700 see for the cpu. I went on train back to airport, got flight and was back in my warm house by house in uk at 9pm. I then ordered a pizza and put this little Beaty in my shiny new asus me... Man, talk about dedication... Right now I hope it does not fail on me ...sry but uk will not stop me buying
    Last edited by mmoc23d34383d9; 2015-05-12 at 01:32 AM.

nice blog..

Deleted
    I once flew to Denmark, bought a book, then went home and READ THE BOOK.

To further baffle you, the book was English, so somebody must have gone to england to get the book to the store in the first place.

Intense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xygore View Post
    I'm doing a rebuild of my rig. I live in the UK. It is impossible to buy CPU here in stores - preorder online is the only way to buy. I do not have the patience to wait 3 days for my i7 4ghz. So, I booked flight from London to Stockholm and return in the same day. I took off at 7am got to Stockholm at 11am their time and walked down master erick street from the Atlanta express to ignet pc store. I got their at like 12 noon... A guy who looked like a Viking served me and I gave him 3700 see for the cpu. I went on train back to airport, got flight and was back in my warm house by house in uk at 9pm. I then ordered a pizza and put this little Beaty in my shiny new asus me... Man, talk about dedication... Right now I hope it does not fail on me ...sry but uk will not stop me buying
    It's so true, London has no shops that hold CPUs.

But what's most annoying about living in London is having to fly to Zanzibar to stock up on loo roll. I don't even know where Zanzibar is!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It's so true, London has no shops that hold CPUs.

But what's most annoying about living in London is having to fly to Zanzibar to stock up on loo roll. I don't even know where Zanzibar is!
    Right here
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Drugs, not even once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Right here
    I almost went there once. I had a 3 day layover in Dar Es Salaam. My boss told me to go to Zanzibar. I listened to my stupid employee instead who told me to just hang out in Dar Es Salaam and take a day trip to Bongoyo Island. Was still fun, but I'd love to be able to say I've been to Zanzibar.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I almost went there once. I had a 3 day layover in Dar Es Salaam. My boss told me to go to Zanzibar. I listened to my stupid employee instead who told me to just hang out in Dar Es Salaam and take a day trip to Bongoyo Island. Was still fun, but I'd love to be able to say I've been to Zanzibar.
    Zanzibar does have a cool name and, as I have just discovered, is not off the coast of West Africa.

So not only did you get ripped off on the price of the processor, you also stupidly wasted a ton of money on a pointless round trip to Sweden to get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    but I'd love to be able to say I've been to Zanzibar.
    Zanzibar is a drug trafficking mecca, you don't want to be seen with lots of stamps in your passport there lol. Zanzibar is kind of crap though, not sure of the attraction. I used to live in Dar. Coolest things about Zanzibar - Freddy mercury was born there and they were involved in the shortest war in history which lasted just minutes, go go british navy.

I am not sure what the OP is trying to get at. Reminds me of a situation whereby australians on the gold coast could(customs issues aside) financially justify flying to new zealand every 2 weeks to do grocery shopping and come out better off.

Deleted
    Money to burn? :-)

Deleted
    Has nobody heard of next day delivery.

A lot cheaper than a round trip to Sweden.

I want to visit Sweden, but a day trip for a CPU wtf.

Well didn't the trip to Sweden cost more than the CPU ?
    Sounds fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought a hamburger in Chicago.
    Was delicious too.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    i hear that you can order things from the interwebz and get them delivered to your home! IT'S TRUE!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why you didn't at least make a weekend vacation out of it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I don't understand why you didn't at least make a weekend vacation out of it...
    because he had to install his CPU NOWZ!

Hey OP, you bought the last CPU in Sweden. We want it back.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Blog posts aren't really sufficient to have a conversation off of. If you want to just talk about your day and such, we do have a general off-topic thread in the chat zone forum.

Closed.