10+ Year Old Account

mythic HM compared to heroic BRF

Good day all,

Question.

We finally cleared Heroic BRF last week and we’ve been discussing what to do until 6.2. Our goal was always to kill heroic blackhand so everything from now on is just a bonus to us.

We’ve got a few options here. We raid 3 days. So let’s say we clear Heroic BRF in 1 night. What do we do with the other 2 nights.

Many people in my guild don’t really feel that much for BRF mythic .. But that got me thinking, why not go mythic Highmaul instead now that we overgear is.

So question:
    So how hard is mythic highmaul compared to heroic BRF? (think of an average ilvl of 685)
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

up to ko'ragh is easier than blackhand, ko'ragh i'd put on par with blackhand, and imperator is harder than 6/10 mythics in BRF, so you could probably easily get up to Imperator, and start doing oregorger in mythic BRF.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can certainly knock off a bunch of Mythic bosses in Highmaul. Don't get me wrong, tactics are still involved - you won't be going in there and blowing through everything. But as long as you know the basic principles of each fight, it should all come together pretty quickly - especially if you had some HC experience in HM and know the basics of the fights.

But if you're going to challenge Imperator then you may as well look into the first several Mythic BRF bosses. There are just so many mechanics on Imperator that it could still present a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    You can certainly knock off a bunch of Mythic bosses in Highmaul. Don't get me wrong, tactics are still involved - you won't be going in there and blowing through everything. But as long as you know the basic principles of each fight, it should all come together pretty quickly - especially if you had some HC experience in HM and know the basics of the fights.

But if you're going to challenge Imperator then you may as well look into the first several Mythic BRF bosses. There are just so many mechanics on Imperator that it could still present a problem.
    We cleared Highmaul heroic before BRF hit. So we are quiet aware of the tactics on heroic mode.
    If we can…. Let’s say. Kill the first 4 bosses in 10 evenings of raiding it could be fun to go that route .

If every boss however takes us as long as it took us to kill blackhand I doubt I’ll find many supporters. Esp. since there’s also no gear involved to motivate people.

We’re just a bunch of friends who value people over skill. So we’d prob never reach imperator before 6.2 anyway

We went to mythic HM after we killed Blackhand.

Our experience was that Kargath, Butcher and Twins are trivial with heroic BRF gear. Tectus and Brackenspore were about on par with the early BRF mythics we've since done. (Tectus had a DPS check that's now fairly easy to pass, but you still need everyone to react instantly and correctly to barrage and pillars. Brackenspore calls on people to adapt, but it isn't all that hard to do so.) We plan on returning to Ko'ragh after the first 5 in BRF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    We went to mythic HM after we killed Blackhand.

Our experience was that Kargath, Butcher and Twins are trivial with heroic BRF gear. Tectus and Brackenspore were about on par with the early BRF mythics we've since done. (Tectus had a DPS check that's now fairly easy to pass, but you still need everyone to react instantly and correctly to barrage and pillars. Brackenspore calls on people to adapt, but it isn't all that hard to do so.) We plan on returning to Ko'ragh after the first 5 in BRF.
    ah, thanks for the feedback!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    If we can…. Let’s say. Kill the first 4 bosses in 10 evenings of raiding it could be fun to go that route
    I think you'd be looking at a boss per evening or even less for the first few. As Chrno said, Brackenspore can definitely be a sticking point.

And as you said, the only motivation you'll have is basically progress because without the M Imperator achievement or any gear then it is somewhat pointless. You can consider the BRF meta raid achievement!?

I agree with the Meta Achievement idea, that's always fun and relatively easy but enough of a "challenge" that you can't just close your eyes and faceroll.

Mythic Karg, Butcher, and Twins are all faceroll with this item level (for Mythic Butcher research the pool strat, otherwise it's harder). But after that, honestly I am loving Mythic BRF way more than Mythic Butcher/Tectus which just seem so unforgiveable and long and bleeeech. Mythic BRF is a lot of fun, pretty much just one new mechanic introduced every fight.

But again, given the nature of your guild, I don't think you should push mythic if people aren't interested (it takes a very particular fortitude for wiping repeatedly). I would suggest the achievement runs or old school meta achievement runs, collect some mounts etc, keep people in game until Hellfire comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    We cleared Highmaul heroic before BRF hit. So we are quiet aware of the tactics on heroic mode.
    If we can…. Let’s say. Kill the first 4 bosses in 10 evenings of raiding it could be fun to go that route .

If every boss however takes us as long as it took us to kill blackhand I doubt I’ll find many supporters. Esp. since there’s also no gear involved to motivate people.

We’re just a bunch of friends who value people over skill. So we’d prob never reach imperator before 6.2 anyway
    I don't think you'll run into huge stumbling blocks reaching 6/7M prior to 6.2. BRF gear and set bonuses make a big difference. You'll have some challenges but probably only on a couple of bosses. Since Mythic isn’t your main focus though, if it takes you 1 night to clear BRF, then I’d spend 1 night per week seeing what you can do in M HM, and then take your 3rd night and do achievements, go back to do MoP raids people missed, or other fun stuff. That way you don’t burn people out and can keep people interested. Even with that, I’d expect you should probably end up 6/7M before 6.2.