Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Boston University Ass't Prof Is Racist

A woman named Saida Grundy was hired by Boston U as an 'Assistant Professor of Sociology and African-American Studies' (that's a tip-off right there).
    Her public statements include a lot of gems like:

“White masculinity isn’t a problem for America’s colleges, white masculinity is THE problem for America’s colleges,”

And a host of factually incorrect statements about slavery, and statements attacking Bruce Jenner (what? O_o ).

http://socawlege.com/boston-universi...ts-on-twitter/

It's wrong that people teaching courses like this are subsidized by tax money via Federal Student Loan program and Pell Grants etc.

Colleges are the place for diverse ideas so I don't see anything wrong with her beliefs. I don't agree with her beliefs, but I don't agree with a lot of people's beliefs.

It's not like college students are impressionable third graders in grammar school who are going to be indoctrinated with this way of thinking.

College students should be introduced to women like Saida Grundy and others like Che Guevara, Marx both Karl and Groucho, etc.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Just goes to show anyone can get a PhD if you have time/money to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Colleges are the place for diverse ideas so I don't see anything wrong with her beliefs. I don't agree with her beliefs, but I don't agree with a lot of people's beliefs.
    Basically this.
    College and University are places where you really should be challenging your currently held beliefs for the express purpose of exposing yourself to other viewpoints and grow as a person. As long as she isn't inciting racial hatred of white people, it's fine.

It's not like college students are impressionable third graders in grammar school who are going to be indoctrinated with this way of thinking.
    I don't know, Hubcap, I think you just explained Gender Studies degrees in a nutshell...
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The nice thing about this country is that you can have any dialogue you want as long as it doesn't limit the rights and privileges of another person.

So, do I agree with her? No. Is she within her right to say it? Yes! Absolutely! Having intellectual dialogue about these topics is important to the progression of a diverse society!

College students are just as impressionable as children, simply because at that stage they're adapting and developing to the world, and entering adulthood. The professor is welcome to her views of course, but preaching them as fact is stupid.

She can discuss those points in her lectures, and raise them as a concern, but she needs to be fair and unbiased in her views. Simple as that.

She is still in a position of authority and just full of platitudes. Kind of disturbing, could probably do better having an open floor style lecturing process lol.

Since when was Che Guevara a woman!?

You can't genuinely believe that in this day and age.

After seeing people trying to silence speakers and needing "safe spaces" with childrens toys to feel better about "hurtful" and "harmful" words.

Also, why should she be a professor if she is racist and is promoting lies about history? She is making it out to be "whites are bad."

Deleted
    Except it's made very clear that certain opinions and people aren't accepted on many universities. They also don't promote "diverse ideas" but usually reinforce certain opinions and world views and outright preach them nowadays. They've effectively turned into an echo chamber for certain groups and are only drifting further and further along that path where people are outright punished for holding other opinions.
    College students should be introduced to women like Saida Grundy and others like Che Guevara, Marx both Karl and Groucho, etc.
    So basically you admit you want to outright introduce them to one kind of people and some of the most extreme at that?

I don't think she knows who MLK is, or what he stood for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You can't genuinely believe that in this day and age.

After seeing people trying to silence speakers and needing "safe spaces" with childrens toys to feel better about "hurtful" and "harmful" words.

Also, why should she be a professor if she is racist and is promoting lies about history? She is making it out to be "whites are bad."
    College students aren't impressionable or easily manipulated, you know that right?

Nothing to see here, just another biased teacher pushing their agenda onto others who then ignorantly champion it. Go Go (Social) Justice Warriors!

*turns on Power Rangers Theme song for it*
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Oh shove it with that diverse views garbage of an excuse.

You damn well know if a white person had said anything like what she is saying in reverse that they wouldn't be protected and would already be on the unemployment line. Along with all the threats.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2015-05-12 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Oh shove it with the diverse views garbage excuse.

You damn well know if a white person had said anything like what she is saying in reverse that they wouldn't be protected and would already be on the unemployment line.
    They used to be, but they are not anymore. Wake me up when Berkeley hosts the American Nazi Party again, instead of just the Black and Latino Nazis they're given to hosting.

She's there to present facts. If she must incorporate ideas, she must present all ideas and perspectives. What she's doing is spreading propaganda and her agenda.

Remember folks, it's not racism when it's against white people

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Row! Row! Fight the power!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Also, racism is the product of patriarchy.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's not racist. She's just really, really, really ignorant when it comes to history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I don't think she knows who MLK is, or what he stood for.

The white privelege thing was eyerolling. This is just...painful.

Someone in boston, one of the most racist cities in america, is racist?! I AM SHOCKED.